Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A win for CC!

Default A win for CC!

Not wanting to take anything away from Pemberton but surely the win against City today is one that has to be dedicated to CC and what he did for this club. He got us promoted, put together this squad and has had them playing some great football this season. It sounds like todays win was exactly that type of play as well, fast counter-attacking football with lots of passing, the difference being just two things that we've not been lucky enough to get all season - a match without defensive lapses and with some clinical finishing.

The performance is a testiment to what CC wanted to do and got so close to realising. I think CC should be proud of today's result, his impact on it and that he's handed us over to a new manager in a much better state than he found us in. Hopefully BD can maintain the progress we've made.

You Reds!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: A win for CC!

No.

A win for Pemberton and a bloody brilliant one at that.

.k I m
    I m u mm

I agree with your sentiment only I hold the players responsible for today's result.

Well played Forest!!!

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by #RobbieLe8675309
    No.

A win for Pemberton.
    yep to right

Quote Originally Posted by Anti
    Not wanting to take anything away from Pemberton but surely the win against City today is one that has to be dedicated to CC and what he did for this club. He got us promoted, put together this squad and has had them playing some great football this season. It sounds like todays win was exactly that type of play as well, fast counter-attacking football with lots of passing, the difference being just two things that we've not been lucky enough to get all season - a match without defensive lapses and with some clinical finishing.

The performance is a testiment to what CC wanted to do and got so close to realising. I think CC should be proud of today's result, his impact on it and that he's handed us over to a new manager in a much better state than he found us in. Hopefully BD can maintain the progress we've made.

You Reds!
    Move on... get over it!

it was a win cos the players are now playing for their places think that had a big part to play in it very happy earnie scored thats 2 in 2 for him now

You Reds!
    Utter rubbish. If CC were manager today the second we went 1-0 up the strikers would have been substituted for defenders, we'd have put 10 men behind the ball and got battered. Sound familiar?

You Reds!
    please tell me in which match this season did calderwood have the team playin great football cos i must of blinked and missed that one

Rice IV

I actually agree here.

Pretty much every player on the pitch was bought by CC or brought through by him.

It shows that when it comes to spotting talent, his reputation was well founded.

However, as much as the squad, and their capabilities are testament to CC, it also goes to show that he struggled with the 90 minutes of the game, if that makes sense.

From 4.45 Saturday until the following game, Calderwood was a very good manager. Once on the touchline, needing to read the game and use tactics, and motivate he seemed lacking. Todays result showed what we could have been under him, and hopefully what we will be again.

Talk to me, Goose.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by redbeard
    please tell me in which match this season did calderwood have the team playin great football cos i must of blinked and missed that one
    Reading, Watford, Sunderland, Crystal Palace.

We went downhill when the Moussi/McGugan partnership was forced to break up.

Nothing to do with CC it is a combination of 'new manager syndrome', the players getting it right for once and also John Pemberton.

nakkernino del clusto

The players for sure will be playing out of their skins to impress, shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Red
    Nothing to do with CC it is a combination of 'new manager syndrome', the players getting it right for once and also John Pemberton.
    Indeed so, even if some people think it was because of some man called "Mark Pemberton"

Great points but yes, let's move on!

nakkernino del clusto

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    Great points but yes, let's move on!
    Its the F.A cup no points were at stake

[quote=richjcrouch ]
    Reading, Watford, Sunderland, Crystal Palace.

We went downhill when the Moussi/McGugan partnership was forced to break up.
    we have missed McGugan and glad to see him back but moussi ........all he did was look big n give the ball away.
    reading n watford were good games i must admit but against sunderland didnt have the legs to keep goin n were found wanting when we needed a finish. n palace was just a fluke. Now cc is gone we might play players in ther proper position n get some stability in the team

Yes, I guess all the players who played have been brought by Forest, and has assemabled the team.

but Let's forget it, BD to take charge now. But Pembo did a very good job in the stand in role.

totally agree the only way is forward (n hopefully up)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Gualtieri
    Utter rubbish. If CC were manager today the second we went 1-0 up the strikers would have been substituted for defenders, we'd have put 10 men behind the ball and got battered. Sound familiar?
    I agree CC was to negative we have seen it so many times but you have to thank him for the players he has brought into the club they played very well today it's just CC just could not get it tactically right and I think they did not want to play for him anymore.

Well done to pemberton to.

3 points at Charlton will be good too I will be there

UUUUUUUU REDS

Victor Meldrew

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    I actually agree here.

Pretty much every player on the pitch was bought by CC or brought through by him.

It shows that when it comes to spotting talent, his reputation was well founded.

However, as much as the squad, and their capabilities are testament to CC, it also goes to show that he struggled with the 90 minutes of the game, if that makes sense.

From 4.45 Saturday until the following game, Calderwood was a very good manager. Once on the touchline, needing to read the game and use tactics, and motivate he seemed lacking. Todays result showed what we could have been under him, and hopefully what we will be again.
    Whilst I agree with this, we said exactly the same about the squad Megson built in the weeks after he left.

You Reds!
    Shut up you muppet.

The truth is we have threatened to do this all season. Prem orr CCC teams. The quality of football except for 2 or 3 games has been excellent. That's pethaps why some of us didn't want CC to go. He didn't know what to say to them to get the final product and that is all that counts.

In honesty we'd perhaps fair better in the Prem than the leagues below because they give you time on the ball. When we have been given it we have looked like a mature team.

A managers lot eh?

We win well like today and its credit to the players.

We get spanked at home and its the manager.

Im grateful to CC for what he did for us, but its time to move on.

Victor Meldrew

Agreed. I did think a few times after today's result and last week's, supposing we had kept Calderwood for another game.

However, that is like saying supposing I had married that goat I really fancied.

And they called it Puppy Love....

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli
    Agreed. I did think a few times after today's result and last week's, supposing we had kept Calderwood for another game.

However, that is like saying supposing I had married that goat I really fancied.

And they called it Puppy Love....
    Why on Earth did they call it that?