Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,473

    Default Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    My goodness. What a lot of anxiety there is around here at the moment. Want to know why I'm not joining in with all the woe-mongering? Here are just a few reasons.

    1) We are rid of Billy Davies and his peculiar, unpleasant, destructive personality at last, and he is never coming back, ever, so that particular ghost has been well and truly laid to rest and we are free to move forward again.
    2) Our brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic owner is still as brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic as ever.
    3) Our brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic owner was once naive but is now becoming increasingly savvy when it comes to selecting managers and staff for NFFC.
    4) Despite this increasing awareness, Fawaz still listens to the fans and wants to provide for them.
    5) The media are officially welcome back and, once we've made the next appointment and string a few results together, will love us again, now that we are free of Media Enemy Number One.
    6) We're two points off the play-offs with eight games to play. That's TWO POINTS, for the naysayers who have been preaching that the season is over for weeks now. Two points can be clawed back in 90 minutes.
    7) Runs of poor form do not last forever. Our current poor run has stretched to nine games already - I'm willing to bet that it doesn't reach seventeen.
    8 ) The teams around us challenging for the last play-off spot aren't exactly tearing up the league and winning every game in sight. Reading and Brighton both lost the other night while we were playing Charlton, and off the top of my head I'm pretty sure that one of those opponents' defeats was a heavy one at home to Barnsley, who we lost narrowly to the other week, apparently signalling the end of our season (again).
    9) We have a fantastic squad of players waiting to return - some of these should be back before the end of the season.
    10) Instead of people like Jim Price clogging up the club, we now have the likes of John McGovern installed.
    11) Fawaz has already indicated that he wants to bring in a chief executive in the summer, which we all agree is a shrewd and timely move.
    12) We still have a very decent chance of reaching Wembley this season - it is a categorical fact that we are one of around seven or eight Championship clubs with an eye on a Wembley play-off final, which is as good as a quarter final berth in a cup competition. Why not get excited about that? I know I am!
    13) We will have a new manager in charge soon - possibly within days (or hours!) and it has every possibility of being someone who will unite the fans and get the club moving forward again. And it isn't going to be Dean Saunders or Dougie Freedman or Paul Ince, so for fuck's sake stop being stupid and filling page after page of insane threads with your fears and worries and your threats to defecate on the touchline at Saunders' first home game in charge. It's not going to happen, you know it as well as I do, and if by some anti-miracle it does then I will happily eat this entire thread.
    14) The sun's shining, spring is here, Man Utd are a laughing stock and there's a World Cup in Brazil around the corner.

    Now cheer up loves. You're not helping with all of this fretting over nothing.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    I am sceptical with you suggesting you do no feel in the least bit worried. Because that would mean it is not earthly possible for you to be less worried than you are right now. And I think you always need to leave a bit of scope for becoming less worried, even it is is just to give yourself something to strive for.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    I'm on beige alert


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,578

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    We haven't won in 7 games now, how are you not worried?


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Satan's Chimney
    Posts
    25,394

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    BIKINI state Black Special


  7. #6
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    40,097

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    It can go either way, it's just our past and more recent actions suggest it's likely to go down the shitter.

    There's always hope it doesn't though. It's just that hope has been dashed by 2 of the more bareable replacements turning us down. The more that happens, the more folk will worry.

    The big bugbear with me is that, as with SOD's situation, it's all so unnecessary, and that we seem incapable of learning from the past. This whole incident has made me question "if Fawaz hasn't learned from SOD, has he learned anything since being here?"


  8. #7
    Rice 34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Woodthorpe
    Posts
    8,337

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    This season is pretty much over but already was to be honest when Billy failed to lift the players, other than that I agree.

    Zycomm Two Way Radio

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,409

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    You must be barking if you think we've got a chance of reaching the playoff final this season.

    Reid and Lansbury have been the outstanding performers of the season and together you might argue they were actually carrying the team on the pitch. Without them we look very average.

    If they magically recover in the next couple of weeks then I might agree with you that we have a slight chance.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    @patmurphybbc: Dean Smith equally bright future & nearby. Got Walsall playing lovely football,great with fans,worked minor miracle there


  11. #10
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    40,097

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    This season is pretty much over but already was to be honest when Billy failed to lift the players, other than that I agree.
    Sorry, but the possibility of Billy's best players returning, and putting in more than enough to win the playoffs, gets dismissed way too easily. It was a very realistic scenario that we just flushed away prematurely.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    My goodness. What a lot of anxiety there is around here at the moment. Want to know why I'm not joining in with all the woe-mongering? Here are just a few reasons.

    1) We are rid of Billy Davies and his peculiar, unpleasant, destructive personality at last, and he is never coming back, ever, so that particular ghost has been well and truly laid to rest and we are free to move forward again.
    2) Our brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic owner is still as brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic as ever.
    3) Our brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic owner was once naive but is now becoming increasingly savvy when it comes to selecting managers and staff for NFFC.
    4) Despite this increasing awareness, Fawaz still listens to the fans and wants to provide for them.
    5) The media are officially welcome back and, once we've made the next appointment and string a few results together, will love us again, now that we are free of Media Enemy Number One.
    6) We're two points off the play-offs with eight games to play. That's TWO POINTS, for the naysayers who have been preaching that the season is over for weeks now. Two points can be clawed back in 90 minutes.
    7) Runs of poor form do not last forever. Our current poor run has stretched to nine games already - I'm willing to bet that it doesn't reach seventeen.
    8 ) The teams around us challenging for the last play-off spot aren't exactly tearing up the league and winning every game in sight. Reading and Brighton both lost the other night while we were playing Charlton, and off the top of my head I'm pretty sure that one of those opponents' defeats was a heavy one at home to Barnsley, who we lost narrowly to the other week, apparently signalling the end of our season (again).
    9) We have a fantastic squad of players waiting to return - some of these should be back before the end of the season.
    10) Instead of people like Jim Price clogging up the club, we now have the likes of John McGovern installed.
    11) Fawaz has already indicated that he wants to bring in a chief executive in the summer, which we all agree is a shrewd and timely move.
    12) We still have a very decent chance of reaching Wembley this season - it is a categorical fact that we are one of around seven or eight Championship clubs with an eye on a Wembley play-off final, which is as good as a quarter final berth in a cup competition. Why not get excited about that? I know I am!
    13) We will have a new manager in charge soon - possibly within days (or hours!) and it has every possibility of being someone who will unite the fans and get the club moving forward again. And it isn't going to be Dean Saunders or Dougie Freedman or Paul Ince, so for fuck's sake stop being stupid and filling page after page of insane threads with your fears and worries and your threats to defecate on the touchline at Saunders' first home game in charge. It's not going to happen, you know it as well as I do, and if by some anti-miracle it does then I will happily eat this entire thread.
    14) The sun's shining, spring is here, Man Utd are a laughing stock and there's a World Cup in Brazil around the corner.

    Now cheer up loves. You're not helping with all of this fretting over nothing.
    We have got some reasons to be cheerful (part 3). But I don't agree with any cheerfulness regarding the Play offs. That ship hasn't sailed yet but there is a wacking great hole in the bottom and only Gary Brazil with a tea cup to save us.


  13. #12
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    It can go either way, it's just our past and more recent actions suggest it's likely to go down the shitter.

    There's always hope it doesn't though. It's just that hope has been dashed by 2 of the more bareable replacements turning us down. The more that happens, the more folk will worry.

    The big bugbear with me is that, as with SOD's situation, it's all so unnecessary, and that we seem incapable of learning from the past. This whole incident has made me question "if Fawaz hasn't learned from SOD, has he learned anything since being here?"
    I don't think he has learnt. It's all very well being naive to football, as he has shown to be, but at some point you have to start understanding - or at least bring somebody in to help. He went with Billy to please the masses, to get the self gratification he was desperate for from the fans. Obviously that worked for a while but pretty soon he's gonna want to tinker with the toy that he's bought.

    I really hope John McGovern can help him understand things a little better.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    It can go either way, it's just our past and more recent actions suggest it's likely to go down the shitter.

    There's always hope it doesn't though. It's just that hope has been dashed by 2 of the more bareable replacements turning us down. The more that happens, the more folk will worry.

    The big bugbear with me is that, as with SOD's situation, it's all so unnecessary, and that we seem incapable of learning from the past. This whole incident has made me question "if Fawaz hasn't learned from SOD, has he learned anything since being here?"
    No, he hasn't

    Everyone is just taken in by the way he comes across and how he's always in the media

    He's extremely naive and extremely power hungry


  15. #14
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    40,097

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I don't think he has learnt. It's all very well being naive to football, as he has shown to be, but at some point you have to start understanding - or at least bring somebody in to help. He went with Billy to please the masses, to get the self gratification he was desperate for from the fans. Obviously that worked for a while but pretty soon he's gonna want to tinker with the toy that he's bought.

    I really hope John McGovern can help him understand things a little better.
    Aye, good call Col. And I'm sorry but McGovern doesn't fill me with confidence as a planner & thinker either - he's more a man of principles "4-4-2!". Principles mean little unless you understand the philosophies behind them and why they are implemented in the first place.

    Who knows, we may get lucky though

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    No, he hasn't

    Everyone is just taken in by the way he comes across and how he's always in the media

    He's extremely naive and extremely power hungry
    And I think many are becoming wise to that now too.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I don't think he has learnt. It's all very well being naive to football, as he has shown to be, but at some point you have to start understanding - or at least bring somebody in to help. He went with Billy to please the masses, to get the self gratification he was desperate for from the fans. Obviously that worked for a while but pretty soon he's gonna want to tinker with the toy that he's bought.

    I really hope John McGovern can help him understand things a little better.
    Fuck me things must be bad, Col's making a sensible post




  17. #16
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Fuck me things must be bad, Col's making a sensible post

    You do know it does happen once every 10 years?


  18. #17

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    I am worried that all the male fans may have to have their hair cut like North Korea's Kim Jong-un


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,950

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    My goodness. What a lot of anxiety there is around here at the moment. Want to know why I'm not joining in with all the woe-mongering? Here are just a few reasons.

    1) We are rid of Billy Davies and his peculiar, unpleasant, destructive personality at last, and he is never coming back, ever, so that particular ghost has been well and truly laid to rest and we are free to move forward again.
    2) Our brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic owner is still as brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic as ever.
    3) Our brilliant, wealthy and enthusiastic owner was once naive but is now becoming increasingly savvy when it comes to selecting managers and staff for NFFC.
    4) Despite this increasing awareness, Fawaz still listens to the fans and wants to provide for them.
    5) The media are officially welcome back and, once we've made the next appointment and string a few results together, will love us again, now that we are free of Media Enemy Number One.
    6) We're two points off the play-offs with eight games to play. That's TWO POINTS, for the naysayers who have been preaching that the season is over for weeks now. Two points can be clawed back in 90 minutes.
    7) Runs of poor form do not last forever. Our current poor run has stretched to nine games already - I'm willing to bet that it doesn't reach seventeen.
    8 ) The teams around us challenging for the last play-off spot aren't exactly tearing up the league and winning every game in sight. Reading and Brighton both lost the other night while we were playing Charlton, and off the top of my head I'm pretty sure that one of those opponents' defeats was a heavy one at home to Barnsley, who we lost narrowly to the other week, apparently signalling the end of our season (again).
    9) We have a fantastic squad of players waiting to return - some of these should be back before the end of the season.
    10) Instead of people like Jim Price clogging up the club, we now have the likes of John McGovern installed.
    11) Fawaz has already indicated that he wants to bring in a chief executive in the summer, which we all agree is a shrewd and timely move.
    12) We still have a very decent chance of reaching Wembley this season - it is a categorical fact that we are one of around seven or eight Championship clubs with an eye on a Wembley play-off final, which is as good as a quarter final berth in a cup competition. Why not get excited about that? I know I am!
    13) We will have a new manager in charge soon - possibly within days (or hours!) and it has every possibility of being someone who will unite the fans and get the club moving forward again. And it isn't going to be Dean Saunders or Dougie Freedman or Paul Ince, so for fuck's sake stop being stupid and filling page after page of insane threads with your fears and worries and your threats to defecate on the touchline at Saunders' first home game in charge. It's not going to happen, you know it as well as I do, and if by some anti-miracle it does then I will happily eat this entire thread.
    14) The sun's shining, spring is here, Man Utd are a laughing stock and there's a World Cup in Brazil around the corner.

    Now cheer up loves. You're not helping with all of this fretting over nothing.
    Did you make it 13 deliberately?


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    You do know it does happen once every 10 years?
    Or once every 15th manager




  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,473

    Default Hold Your Nerve.

    Let him which hath no stomach to this fight, let him depart.













    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680NlRI3v2I

    This club does not need big girls' blouses who cry and moan about everything.

    Two points off the play-offs with eight games to play and you're convinced the season's over? Well what are you still doing here then? Kindly take your cheaply-held manhoods elsewhere.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,473

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Cox Fan View Post
    Did you make it 13 deliberately?
    When you're Jewish, 13's a lucky number boychik.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    @patmurphybbc:Think @fawaz_alhasawi1 has taken his realism pills,knows that 4 managers in his 1st 7 months poor.Trust JMcG


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Satan's Chimney
    Posts
    25,394

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeII View Post
    @patmurphybbc:Think @fawaz_alhasawi1 has taken his realism pills,knows that 4 managers in his 1st 7 months poor.Trust JMcG
    Lol those pills obviously didn't start to take effect until Monday morning then


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    752

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    Tudgay is back, why not give him a try Saturday?


  26. #25
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default Re: Not in the least bit worried or concerned.

    RECALLED!! Tudgay!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •