4 1.65%
  • O'Neil

29 11.98%
  • Di Matteo

15 6.20%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Manager Poll

Default New Manager Poll

Suprised a new one hasn't been set up yet, but here goes.

Last edited by GibraltarRed; 26-03-14 at 08:46.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: New Manager Poll

Quote Originally Posted by GibraltarRed View Post
    Suprised a new one hasn't been set up yet, but here goes.
    There is one set up. I can't do those red letter linky things but isn't it called "Who would you want as next manager? "

But that was from Feb last year, hence billy has over 130 votes or something, not really relevant now.

Is it about my cube?

lee peltier

Quote Originally Posted by GibraltarRed View Post
    But that was from Feb last year, hence billy has over 130 votes or something, not really relevant now.
    Ah sorry pol. I thought that was just people voting for Billy who were pissed off he was sacked.

It is what it is

I think Malky Mackay is the right fit for us, weather he is available is another matter all together.

Hoddle or Zola seems to be the word on twitter. I can't see McGovern advises those two.

I voted mackay from this list.

Di Matteo > O'Neil > Clarke > Jardim > Zola > Psycho > Clough > Hoddle > Keane

I'd say that's the order I'd have them in - but 6/7 of those are completely unrealistic

Enzo Molinari

We'll get the Jardin guy gusranteed

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

anybody heard that the move for Colin might be back on

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Di Matteo > O'Neil > Clarke > Jardim > Zola > Psycho > Clough > Hoddle > Keane

I'd say that's the order I'd have them in - but 6/7 of those are completely unrealistic
    I voted Zola but if it was multiple choice I'd have added in Di Matteo and Clarke I think. Think we'd go forward with any of those.

Others not listed (and maybe unrealistic) that I thought of would be Laudrup (but availability would be surprising, not sure at this time with this squad would be the best idea - maybe after the summer moreso but could have done with going up first...and maybe I'm basing it more on how he used to play and only a bit on how Swansea played in his first season), Solskjaer (long shot especially before the summer without Fawaz splashing money at Cardiff - mabe if Cardiff's owner gets annoyed and leaves they could have Malky back and we could take Ole ) and George Burley (his sides could knock it about, but as a former defender he's also keen on a good defence - plus if McLaren is doing better for Derby maybe he could do much better for Forest).

But of the poll options I'm gonna say (don't think Jardim would be last really but disrespectful to others if I don't put him there for now given I don't know enough about him and I'm not sure I've seen any of his Sporting Lisbon team in action):
    Zola>=Di Matteo>=Clarke>O'Neill>Hoddle=Clough>=Psycho>Keane >Mackay>?Jardim

Not sure if you left Mackay out by accident or you'd not consider him at all. For me, I just feel his style of play wouldn't be to my liking (but maybe just saw Cardiff in boring form on TV a couple of times). Quality of play should affect results to an extent but not sure whether he'd be the worst choice for results in this league out of the options - he did go up last year of course...although Megson also had a promotion didn't he....
    I do feel the sort of line-up we had last night would be more likely under Mackay than Zola though. Could be wrong of course.

A better bet for temporary manager would have been REIDY as Player/Manager - he's probably fit enough to hop up and down the technical area, obviously been our best influence when Captaining, and showed in the post-match interview he did alongside Jamaal that he can manage expectations (at least of young players). But he probably needs and doesn't have the badges. Psycho was PM for a period once wasn't he?

Anyway, my Burley mention was a bit random I suppose but one thing I'd say is that I reckon him and McGovern would get on ok.

Zola and Pearce as either asst or some sort of senior member of the staff would be ok by me if it was ok by both of them. Zola in charge of the tactics for me though as Pearce's Man City did become a bit clueless as far as I remember and used to lob random throw-ins down the line wheras the Forest sides he played in would always find a red shirt (except the odd Gary Crosby run up and long throw at Wembley in the ZDS Final, resulting in a goal for Gemmill or a similar one resulting in a Keane goal in the league IIRC!). But yeah he was the temporary manager before and would maybe unite the fans and players till the end of the season which judging by last night is needed! Not sure he'd want a temporary role though this time. He brought Clough back and played Des Lyttle as midfield marker (not typical Forest tactics lol, but worked ok that season although we still went down before Bassett took over properly).

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

It has to be Andy Ried.

After Davis, Mclaren and McCliesh it's important to have a manager whose name we can't spell properly...

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

I have no idea who I'd want.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    It has to be Andy Ried.

After Davis, Mclaren and McCliesh it's important to have a manager whose name we can't spell properly...
    Slowskjaere. DeMatteyo. Moyse.

Some of these suggestions seem a bit unrealistic. Jardim? O'Neill? Really?

Past few days I've been lurching between wanting Clarke and Zola. Clarke for the all round set up and long game, Zola for the attacking football and a name that would lift us.

I voted Clarke in the end. I think we need someone with experience to steer the ship after what Billy has left. Zola is a one for another time.

One out of leftfield - Gary Mills.

Forest boy, done well at York.

Rather Mills then Saunders

John Pemberton

Or Metgod

Crossley as GK coach

Voted Zola as being the realistic option I would want. De Matteo would be an amazing appointment but never gonna happen