Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Billy Davies owes every single Nottingham Forest fan an apology

Too School for Cool

Default Re: Why Billy Davies owes every single Nottingham Forest fan an apology

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    actually takes a level of integrity to walk on principle and waive any potential pay out. You have to give Stevie Mac that too when it was his time to go under Doughty.
    No you don't. The guy threw his toys out of the pram and quit, blaming the poor results on lack of backing, even though he'd been backed more than previous managers ever were and inherited a team that had reached the playoffs twice in a row.

Don't care if he waived any payouts, if he had any integrity he'd have stayed and got on with the job he was hired for. Same goes for McLeish.

Last edited by Bangerz; 28-10-17 at 13:56.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    No you don't. The guy threw his toys out of the pram and quit, blaming the poor results on lack of backing, even though he'd been backed more than previous managers ever were and inherited a team that had reached the playoffs twice in a row.

Don't care if he waived any payouts, if he had any integrity he'd have stayed and to do the job he was hired for. Same goes for McLeish.
    May be wrong and don't want to misquote him, but I am sure I heard Doughty stood down after the Brum defeat and told McClaren he should too. His position was untenable and he was going one way or another. and I thought I remember Doughty himself giving McClaren for not digging his heals in and insisting on a payout to go.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    May be wrong and don't want to misquote him, but I am sure I heard Doughty stood down after the Brum defeat and told McClaren he should too. His position was untenable and he was going one way or another. and I thought I remember Doughty himself giving McClaren for not digging his heals in and insisting on a payout to go.
    Not sure either to be honest mate. I just remember McClaren claiming he was promised funds that never materialised. But that notwithstanding, he should've stayed. In my opinion he thought we were beneath him. Do you honestly think he'd have left given the same circumstances at a Premier League club? Not a chance.