Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: season ticket sales

Default season ticket sales

Alright tree huggers just a bored Derby bricklayer who has been rained off here and come on here for a bit of banter with ya. Just been reading an article about season tickets, in the premiership and it got me wondering how many st;s Forest have sold so far, I know Derby have sold 21000 wondered if it was similar.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: season ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by ontheborderram
    Alright tree huggers just a bored Derby bricklayer who has been rained off here and come on here for a bit of banter with ya. Just been reading an article about season tickets, in the premiership and it got me wondering how many st;s Forest have sold so far, I know Derby have sold 21000 wondered if it was similar.
    Ay up border ram, how many of those 21000 were actually sold this season?

Didn't you all receive a £50 voucher for the club shop as well when you renewed your season ticket?

well wont be as much as that as we can only renew ours atm which was around 10,000-12,000 last season. New applicants have to wait til July 5th to get theirs.

Rice IV

I think we'll be looking in the region of 18k when all done and dusted.

Talk to me, Goose.

I'm currently about to renew, just to fill out the form again.

very defensive first couple of answers, the answer to how many sold this season is I dont know but Id guess all of them as I dont think they do the 3 year deals anymore could be wrong though. Put it this way then how many would you guess at being sold by the time the season starts.

Rice IV

very defensive first couple of answers,
    Don't worry about that, we're usually very welcoming to supporters of other teams.

Even Derby!

winnits

Not nearly as many as you've sold, although they've been on sale less time... I don't expect us to sell that many, probably 15,000 at a guess by the time the season starts. *There are still misgivings.

Welcome, by the way - I've no problem with Derby fans posting here if they're only after a bit of good natured banter (we already have ViewFromTheRam here).

Swedish Meatball

Alright tree huggers just a bored Derby bricklayer...
    Unless you're Kris Commons trying to gauge the reaction... Hmmm!

Welcome, indeed.

Do you think Davies would have been a better manager for you than Jewell, if he'd been given a whole season?

We aren't actually that well supported, unless there's a deal on the tickets, or we're playing a big team, or we could get promoted on the last day of the season.

I expect for Blackpool or Plymouth at home on a Tuesday night, attendances will still be under 20,000.

I may be being a little pessimistic there, I don't know.

very defensive first couple of answers
    That's because we know how to 'do' a d ecent defence.

Its only renewals till the end of this month anyway, so the maximum we can sell till then is 10k. It will be interesting to see how many we sell after this date. I will go for about 14-15k in total

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    We aren't actually that well supported, unless there's a deal on the tickets, or we're playing a big team, or we could get promoted on the last day of the season.

I expect for Blackpool or Plymouth at home on a Tuesday night, attendances will still be under 20,000.

I may be being a little pessimistic there, I don't know.
    Think the season we dropped in to league 1 we averaged 24,000. I would imagine over the season it will be the same again.

For actual season ticket sales we will probably get 15,000.

SSN last night showed some season ticket prices for premiership sides whilst Arsenals is a staggering £1,800 per season there we a good half dozen sides charging less than we do *

Do you think Davies would have been a better manager for you than Jewell, if he'd been given a whole season? Not really no I think BD is a good manager but I dont think he knew enough players hence every one seems to be scottish or of played for Preston that he signs. As for PJ I really like him and think he will do a good job for us I like his honesty he says what the fans are thinking and not just a load of tired old cliches.

winnits

I think Jewell will prove a good appointment if he's given time; he's got a big rebuilding job ahead of him and they seldom yield instant results...

In all fairness, whoever said we're not that well supported is abit of an idiot.

In our first season in league one we averaged 24,000 - match that with championship averages this year and wed have been top 5.

Agreed, over the past few years they have dropped, but the same would have happened too any club in our position, and Leeds will be no diffrent.

Mid-week games against the likes of blackpool with DEFINATLY be over 20,000 no doubts at all!

I say when all done, we'll sell between 17-20,000 season tickets. With us averaging around 25-26,000 imo.

I terms of Derby, a mate of mine who works for the club said that a majority of those 21k S/T's were brought before the end of last season for a cut-price, along with a club shop voucher.

As for PJ I really like him and think he will do a good job for us* I like his honesty he says what the fans are thinking and not just a load of tired old cliches.
    Do you think Jewell slagging off the players publicly in countless interviews is good management?

I think he disgraced himself on the back pages and the front pages of the papers last season. What does he expect from a squad of players that over achieved in the Championship the previous season that was subsequently bolstered by further Championship players

As a Forest fan who dislikes everything d***y related I can admit to having some respect for Davies, for his achievement at d***y and for the way he handled himself (I dont recall him slagging the players off endlessly....or being caught with his pants down). I have no respect for Jewell who has continually discredited himself.

It wasnt a cut price NFFC LOYAL it was the price before they put them up again this season as for a club shop voucher I never got one. And i think it was obvious by November we were down so that one aint gonna wash.

Rice IV

It wasnt a cut price NFFC LOYAL it was the price before they put them up again this season as for a club shop voucher I never got one. And i think it was obvious by November we were down so that one aint gonna wash.
    November?

It was obvious on Trentside in August!

Do you think Jewell slagging off the players publicly in countless interviews is good management?

I think he disgraced himself on the back pages and the front pages of the papers last season. What does he expect from a squad of players that over achieved in the Championship the previous season that was subsequently bolstered by further Championship players

As a Forest fan who dislikes everything d***y related I can admit to having some respect for Davies, for his achievement at d***y and for the way he handled himself (I dont recall him slagging the players off endlessly....or being caught with his pants down). I have no respect for Jewell who has continually discredited himself.
    I think we could have mother Theresa as manager mate and you would slag her off so like I said he says what he sees

They see me trollin'

I think we could have mother Theresa as manager mate and you would slag her off so like I said he says what he sees
    His pants were at his feet then?

winnits

Jewell will be judged this season; he's burned his bridges with his existing players (well, most of 'em), despite the fact he did make a fair few signings himself.

If he assembles a decent squad and has a decent season then it will justify what people may see as whingeing or unnecessary criticism, if he assembles a poor squad and struggles obviously fingers will be pointed.

It's a risky strategy attempting to pretty much build a squad from scratch, if he manages it and to have a successful season then he'll deserve credit.

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Jewell will be judged this season; he's burned his bridges with his existing players (well, most of 'em), despite the fact he did make a fair few signings himself.

If he assembles a decent squad and has a decent season then it will justify what people may see as whingeing or unnecessary criticism, if he assembles a poor squad and struggles obviously fingers will be pointed.

It's a risky strategy attempting to pretty much build a squad from scratch, if he manages it and to have a successful season then he'll deserve credit.
    As risky as filming himself at it with someone who isn't his wife?

winnits

That is also a risky strategy, one which definitely didn't pay off lol