Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League

Enzo Molinari

Default Champions League

Is this a two legged affair? If so who cares it's all about the second match x

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Champions league

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Joe View Post
    Is this a two legged affair? If so who cares it's all about the second match x
    I've turned it off. I just couldn't give a fuck. Certainly not enough to put up with Tyldsley and Townsend.

Banned

I'm sorry but Barcelona are so boring.

Clive Tydsley jizzing over them yet again, theyve done nothing but short pass to eachother going nowhere.

I hate Barca. It would be quality if for once i could watch a game they are playing without incredible biases towards them.

Banned

Man City watching on admiring..... Yawn....

First shot on target is a penalty

Enzo Molinari

I'm in bed eating cookies with it on tv catchup , I'm happy

and Phil Thompson in the Sky Sports studio preaching about how the City player shouldn't have brought Messi down for the penalty and should have just let him go on to score. Short memory eh Phil, wish it were a straight red back in 1978 for being the last man

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Man City watching on admiring..... Yawn....

First shot on target is a penalty
    No it wasn't?

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Enzo Molinari

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    No it wasn't?
    It was, he hit it straight down the middle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    No it wasn't?
    2 shots on target the whole match

Can never really understand the hate for Barcelona style. They used to rip teams apart for fun, now every team camps 10 players back and tries to hit them on the break. That's hardly Barca's fault is it? Nor is the it their fault that dumbos like Tyldesley faun over them.

EDIT: Though some of the diving and haranguing of referees is annoying, though hardly any different from most Spanish teams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    Can never really understand the hate for Barcelona style. They used to rip teams apart for fun, now every team camps 10 players back and tries to hit them on the break. That's hardly Barca's fault is it? Nor is the it their fault that dumbos like Tyldesley faun over them.

EDIT: Though some of the diving and haranguing of referees is annoying, though hardly any different from most Spanish teams.
    I think it's the fact that people keep ramming down the 'total football' team down our throat.....they are almost at walking pace passing it around.

Would saying bayern Munich and borussia dortmund are more exciting to watch, aswel as the man utd teams of old with pacey counter attacks.....

Best served cold

2 shots on target the whole match
    Barca had that shot that Hart saved in the first half. City had also had 2 shots on target before that.

It wasn't an exciting game though, but it has picked up a little since the penalty.

Barca have been robbed of a second

Left Winger

I think it's the fact that people keep ramming down the 'total football' team down our throat.....they are almost at walking pace passing it around.

Would saying bayern Munich and borussia dortmund are more exciting to watch, aswel as the man utd teams of old with pacey counter attacks.....
    The supposed "Barca style" is just nicked from the Dutch anyway, who did it better under Rinus Michels and Johan Cruijff.

The Dutch were hard, but by God they could play football too.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Boring game. The commentary was frustrating. So bias towards Barca that it's unbelievable. England v Spain and they're wanting Spain to win

It wasn't a penalty, but it was certainly a sending off. If the ref isn't certain it's in the box, which it wasn't, I don't see how he can give a penalty. Surely that goal line person would've been able to see too? Maybe i'm over thinking their skills as they are literally pointless. I've seen those people make one decision, and they got it wrong

I think Kompany was right, they were well in the game before the sending off and wrong penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    The supposed "Barca style" is just nicked from the Dutch anyway, who did it better under Rinus Michels and Johan Cruijff.

The Dutch were hard, but by God they could play football too.
    There is a big difference between Barce style and Dutch style: the Dutch style was varied - OK everyone remembers the passing, but it wasn't the tippy-tappy passing that is Barce.
    The Dutch always had a really good front man as well, be it Kluivert, Van Bastin or any of a lot of others.
    They attacked with flair and verve.
    Barcelona have all the flair and verve of paint drying on a traffic light stand.
    Man City last night looked far more dangerous with their more incisive passing.
    If Demicelis had not made the foul tackle and had stayed on I have a feeling that it would have been a very different result.
    I agree with Murihno - that Barce side is not one of the better ones, and if I had to go and watch that week in week out I'd probably stop going.
    And I am no fan of Man City either - but at least they created a frisson of excitement when they had the ball.
    One other thing - what has happened to erstwhile England centre-half, Lescott?
    He played so many misplaced passes, and was out of position so often after coming on that I thought he must be on drugs ore something.

Banned

I absolutely love Barcelonas style of play, it must be absolute hell to play against, all about retaining the ball, yet keeping it on the move, the most important part of the make up being the players choice of the right pass to make and when.

Full of movement and top class ability, I cannot see anything to dislike about them. Pleasing on the eye and always an air of the unpredictability about the game, where and when will they strike.

Last edited by sedgred; 19-02-14 at 08:35.

Enzo Molinari

Fell asleep before they scored

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    I absolutely love Barcelonas style of play, it must be absolute hell to play against, all about retaining the ball, yet keeping it on the move, the most important part of the make up being the players choice of the right pass to make and when.

Full of movement and top class ability, I cannot see anything to dislike about them. Pleasing on the eye and always an air of the unpredictability about the game, where and when will they strike.
    One team keeping the ball - mostly passing it sideways - doesn't make a very entertaining spectacle for the neutral.

Agree with sedge absolutely,the slick passing,one twos,vision,pace,movement and pressing of Barcelona are a joy to watch,love to watch man city too but im afraid it doesn't compare to Barcelona,football at its best I'm sure our greatest manager would of agreed,football played on the floor,the right way.

I enjoy watching Barcelona play. I also like their kit. And I like that Messi seems nothing like C Ronaldo (who for all his skills I find difficult to watch because his narcissism takes over the TV) in personality. And I like that as good as Ronaldo is, he only wins the Carte D'or if Messi gets injured.

Quite simply, if you don't like Barca, you don't like football.

The brewing rivalry with Bayern will go down as one of history's greatest: beauty and the beast.

It'll be interesting to see how Bayern get on against a healthy Messi. I think they'll beat them again.

Left Winger

So do I.

Pep Guardiola has if anything improved Bayern even more than their trophy-laden haul under Jupp Heynckes.

You'd love to watch Barcelona if they were your team. It's 90 minutes of taking the piss out of the opposition. But it's really not good for the neutral who wants to watch a competitive game.