Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2543

Thread: Champions League

Default Re: Champions League

Even the thrilling title race in self proclaimed most exciting league in the world reflects it's competitiveness.

It's only TV moving fixtures from 3pm creating an illusion of the lead swinging back and forth.

The lead doesn't change hands week by week when points are dropped as it once did. It's just two global brands beating cannon fodder. Liverpool have won 8 in a row, City 13 in a row.

Title chasers winning four or five nil used to be considered a statement. Now in the most competitive league in the world it's par.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 11-05-19 at 14:27.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Those leagues already have bigger chasms than the EPL. They'd have to find a way of making their leagues more inclusive for the also rans. FFP has greatly exacerbated the problem, because Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG and Juve get richer and richer every season relative to their leagues.
    They have the same chasm just in the wrong place. They need two or three more behemoths then they'll have the same product to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    We'll win the Euros, and probably the next two World Cups but once Brexit means Brexit and the pound can't buy mock Tudor houses, the Premier League will be back to days when Micky Quinn was a star man, and English clubs were schooled by Legia Warsaw and Trelleborgs. Probably.
    Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    We'll win the Euros, and probably the next two World Cups but once Brexit means Brexit and the pound can't buy mock Tudor houses, the Premier League will be back to days when Micky Quinn was a star man, and English clubs were schooled by Legia Warsaw and Trelleborgs. Probably.
    Whatever country Pep Guardiola manages in normally wins the going major international trophy

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Whatever country Pep Guardiola manages in normally wins the going major international trophy
    There might be something in this.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    There might be something in this.
    There is no doubt in my mind the quality of the Prem has improved since he has come here.

Interesting to check on the nationalities of the players in the four English teams in those two finals, plus Man City.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind the quality of the Prem has improved since he has come here.
    Absolutely. The bar has been raised considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Interesting to check on the nationalities of the players in the four English teams in those two finals, plus Man City.
    There are enough England players involved in the CL Final on June 1st for Southgate to admit it will mess up his Nations League preparations. Why it has to be played in June, God knows.

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Henderson, Rose, Trippier, Alli, Kane, Dier and Winks are likely to be in Southgate squad if their clubs don't make up injury excuses.

Spurs in particular have had a core of English players getting them to the level they are at now. England's World Cup in 2018 has made Spurs somewhat likeable disconcertingly, as we were cheering for a bunch of their players last summer.

Chelsea v Arsenal would not be such problem for Southgate even if it wasn't earlier. Just Loftus-Cheek and Barkley.

The Dutch have Wijnaldum and van Dijk involved in the CL Final.

Switzerland have Shaqiri in the CL Final, and Lichtsteiner and Xhaka in the EL Final.

Portugal, hosts, nobody in either I don't think.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 11-05-19 at 21:43.

Unless those players get injured, I would have thought the best way to keep fit is to play competitive football. Perhaps a rest might have been in order, but I'm sure the players would rather play in such prestigious matches than not.

Working on the tactics might suffer a bit, but I can't see any major problems. Not as if those players are new to the scene or unknown to other members of the squad.

Southgate wouldn't be your average manager if he didn't complain about something prior to assembling his troops. Before every international match, club managers let out howls of dismay regarding their precious darlings.

Need to get this distraction out the way so Gaz's boys can focus on the real deal in Portugal next week.

It's all about mid-table...

No interest in tonights final but think Poo will win easily.

I'll find out the score tomorrow.

Thousands of liverpool fans have travelled without a match ticket, Who would have thought it..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Once this shit fest is over & done with I’ll be able to watch the news again

It's all about mid-table...

Harry Kane should be rested for Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I agree, it's awful.

When it comes to sport, I'm in a crappy timezone. Glad to be here for this match, and for avoiding what sounds like nauseating levels of pre-match hype. Hopefully it's s bright and sunny Sunday for everyone

Sent from my SM-G9500 using Tapatalk

The Clapham Crusader

Is there a match on?

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Thousands of liverpool fans have travelled without a match ticket, Who would have thought it..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
    A lot on the news yesterday about the authorities concerns. I expect they'll be out thieving as we speak, the looting and rioting will be after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Is there a match on?
    There's 2 mate:

Montreal Impact 22:00 Orlando City SC
    Atlanta United FC 23:00 Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Is there a match on?
    Yeah 2 teams that have lost 8 games between them in this seasons competition, one that hasn’t been domestic champions since 1990 and another that hasn’t been domestic champions since 1961 play each other in the er CHAMPIONS league final.

Load of bollocks innit

Yeah 2 teams that have lost 8 games between them in this seasons competition, one that hasn’t been domestic champions since 1990 and another that hasn’t been domestic champions since 1961 play each other in the er CHAMPIONS league final.

Load of bollocks innit
    The "Nowhere Near champions League"

Sod it, had a bet on Livershit to win, it will soften the blow; and anyway Leeds and Derby staying down, Notts going down, Manure having a shocker of a season, Livershit losing out on the PL title, and then losing the CL final is too good be true.

Not that type of player

Late fitness test for Kane. Never a good sign for the team, unless it’s kidology.