Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 751 to 762 of 762

Thread: Champions League

      
  1. #751
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,849

    Default Re: Champions League

    Europa League Round of 32 Draw:

    Borussia Dortmund v Atalanta
    Nice v Lokomotov Moscow
    Copenhagen v Atlético Madrid
    Spartak Moscow v Athletic Bilbao
    AEK Athens v Dynamo Kyiv
    Celtic v Zenit St Petersburg
    Napoli v RB Leipzig
    Crvena Zvezda v CSKA Moscow
    Lyon v Villarreal
    Real Sociedad v Salzburg
    Partizan Belgrade v Viktoria Plzen
    Steaua Bucharest v Lazio
    Ludogorets v Milan
    Astana v Sporting
    Ostersund v Arsenal
    Marseille v Braga

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #752

    Default Re: Champions League

    A lot of Eastern European teams there. Whereas the CL is almost exclusively a tournament for western Europe once it gets going.

    UEFA appear to be on course to split Europe into two along a Cold War divide.

    #Progression.


  4. #753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: Champions League

    i wonder why they call, at this phase, the Champions League Draw, still a draw. there are so many exclusions and parameters that is more a fix than a draw


  5. #754
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,849

    Default Re: Champions League

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    i wonder why they call, at this phase, the Champions League Draw, still a draw. there are so many exclusions and parameters that is more a fix than a draw
    Exactly. Just pull them out the hat in any old order, that would mix it up and give some entertaining ties.

    Real Madrid v. PSG will be tasty, but most of the others look suspiciously like an effort to ensure the passage of certain teams...


  6. #755
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: Champions League

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Exactly. Just pull them out the hat in any old order, that would mix it up and give some entertaining ties.

    Real Madrid v. PSG will be tasty, but most of the others look suspiciously like an effort to ensure the passage of certain teams...
    and chelsea-barcelona had a 45% of 'draw' and obviously it happened.


  7. #756

    Default Re: Champions League

    FIFA have held a World Cup draw for as long as anybody cares to remember and the host nation has yet to be drawn in a group of even mild difficulty. Football's hype machine likes a ceremony a pointless overblown ceremony.


  8. #757
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,233

    Default Re: Champions League

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Celtic v Zenit St Petersburg
    Hahahahaha.


  9. #758
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Default Re: Champions League

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    A lot of Eastern European teams there. Whereas the CL is almost exclusively a tournament for western Europe once it gets going.

    UEFA appear to be on course to split Europe into two along a Cold War divide.

    #Progression.
    We used to do some of our training in the Harz Mountains and there was a ski jump right on the border with East Germany. If you jumped too far you were in the Soviet Zone!


  10. #759
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,936

    Default Re: Champions League

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    We used to do some of our training in the Harz Mountains and there was a ski jump right on the border with East Germany. If you jumped too far you were in the Soviet Zone!
    Eddie the Eagle?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  11. #760
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Champions League

    Bent


  12. #761
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,573

    Default Re: Champions League

    Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    Bent




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  13. #762
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Champions League

    They even tried it in the first round draw of the 1978-79 European Cup and look how that turned out.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •