Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League

Default Re: Champions league

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    I absolutely love Barcelonas style of play, it must be absolute hell to play against, all about retaining the ball, yet keeping it on the move, the most important part of the make up being the players choice of the right pass to make and when.

Full of movement and top class ability, I cannot see anything to dislike about them. Pleasing on the eye and always an air of the unpredictability about the game, where and when will they strike.
    I'm amazed you didn't mention Sean O'Driscoll in that post!

‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

- Thomas Carlyle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Champions League

Competition is all well and good, but sometimes it's equally as thrilling to watch the best of all time do their thing.

Barca bore the life out of me and they definitely receive some favouritism during games.

Comforting to know that even if we were the best club team in the history of the game, some folk wouldn't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichaj of the Tiger View Post
    Comforting to know that even if we were the best club team in the history of the game, some folk wouldn't be happy.
    Are you saying we aren't the best club team in history?! Negative posters out!!!

Just pushing my agenda.

Banned

I loved them when they had Ronaldo and Rivaldo etc....just a bunch of crabs now.

I'm sure if we were keeping the ball for 70% of the game and making it look easy, i'd be happy.

It's just boring to watch as a neutral.

Do teams ever play two up front against Barca? Every time I watch them the opposition plays 4-5-1. Obviously the idea is to pack the midfield because of how they can manipulate the space. But I'd be interested to see some big horrible bastard up top against them, with someone capable of running the channels alongside him.

Monk De Wally De Honk

Anyone see PSGs 3rd goal? ( I thinking was the third, j was pissed by then) an absolute rocket from imabiglonghairedbitch

Best served cold

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich is live on Sky 1 tonight

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Default Re: Champions league

Quite simply, if you don't like Barca, you don't like football.

The brewing rivalry with Bayern will go down as one of history's greatest: beauty and the beast.
    Harsh - very harsh.
    I love my football - all levels and all nationalities (bar Amreicam "soccer").
    I agree that from a technical perspective the technique and skill levels among the Barcelaona playeys is admirable,
    All I was saying is that despite being admirable, it is for me about as entertaining as spending a night looking at my mate's interminable collection of holiday photos - he has a great camera, a good eye but eventually the technical brilliance becomes boring.

This Swansea Napoli game is an absolute cracker already. Lightning fast but still technical... my sort of football

Can we put in a summer bid for the Napoli right midfielder?

It's MAGGIO

Good to see Arsenal in a copy of Forest's 2005 - 06 away kit. Hopefully they're taking inspiration from our 1 - 3 away victory over Gillingham. That was our only victory from the first 16 away games that season in League One. Has any other away kit of Forest's got such a poor win percentage? Did Forest win in the grey kit? Or the white kit? Or the Star Trek kit? Hmmmmmmmm.

Left Winger

Bayern 1, The Arsenal 0.

Oh well, always next year Arsene!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Has any other away kit of Forest's got such a poor win percentage?
    Hmmmmm now let me think...

Not that type of player

Just watched the highlights.
    Robben should be banned for all the blatant diving.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Left Winger

I was speaking to a colleague in Munich this morning, who is a die-hard Bayern fan, and even he was embarrassed by Robben's antics.

It's all about mid-table...

Man City gone then. This made me chuckle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26555473

That's it, keep spending, put the players on more money, just keep spending 'til all the money in the world runs out . Keep putting ticket prices up 'til it's 100 pound a game then 200 and so on, so we can keep these football "stars" in the wealth they so richly deserve, they can have more mansions, private jets, Butlers and Maids and blow their noses and wipe their arses on 50 pound notes more often. They can have men carrying endless rolls of red carpet with them so wherever they go someone can roll one out in front of them. They deserve it, they are world changers !

FFS what a world we live in

Big man falls to the floor, arms flailing, in the penalty area. Minimal contact if any. FC Richie Rich, who have lost by now any way, surround the referee and shout in his face. Full-back is shown the red card. Waves his arms some more. Flounces back to the dressing room. Champions League in a nutshell.

du-du doo-doo-doo....THE CHAAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOOONS!

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 13-03-14 at 07:53.

Massive Member

Man City are like Oscar pistorious lost both legs but still got 4 shots on target

I'll get me coat

Left Winger

The "Champions League" is everything that is wrong with modern football, rolled up into one steaming package.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    The "Champions League" is everything that is wrong with modern football, rolled up into one steaming package.
    This^

Its only going to get worse with bt sport taking it over. I enjoy watching the odd game but once again football is getting taken away from us unless you shed stupid money to watch a bunch of millionaires diving and play acting.

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

Shearer was prattling on about Bayern being in with a chance of being the first to win back to back Champions League's this morning.

These buggers have completely written us, Grieverpool and Madrid out of history....

Left Winger

And Milan.