Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: What is your view of the board's preferred choice ?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good choice

67 37.22%
  • Not the best but he'll do

36 20.00%
  • On the fence

21 11.67%
  • Unhappy, but could have been worse

31 17.22%
  • Undoubtedly bad choice

25 13.89%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The big fat Billy Davies thread

Default The big fat Billy Davies thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nakkernino del clusto

Default Re: The big fat Billy Davies thread

Sounds about right, hopefully the talks fail.

Out of interest, why is every1 so anti Billy D.. yes he might be a right stuck up scottish t**t but he'll keep us up.. guaranteed. and he hates Derby too not my first choice, that has to be Cloughie, but im pretty sure we'll stay up with Billy D.. and thts whats important. oui? U reds!

Quote Originally Posted by EDDY_FOREST
    Out of interest, why is every1 so anti Billy D.. yes he might be a right stuck up scottish t**t but he'll keep us up.. guaranteed. and he hates Derby too not my first choice, that has to be Cloughie, but im pretty sure we'll stay up with Billy D.. and thts whats important. oui? U reds!
    'Cos everyone is so Pro-Camp.

I love Forest but if we appoint Billy Davies without speaking To Nigel & Nigel ends up going to Derby i will make a promise that the i will never wear my Forest shirt for as long as them knobs are in charge, i will never be at City Ground again

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus
    I love Forest but if we appoint Billy Davies without speaking To Nigel & Nigel ends up going to Derby i will make a promise that the i will never wear my Forest shirt for as long as them knobs are in charge, i will never be at City Ground again

Thats a bit stupid really.

Nigel Clough is a new and upcoming manager yes, but with no football league experience.

Brian Clough was manager of Direby fist, then Forest later, why should Nigel not take a similar path ? If we wants to get some experience at real football league management, then why not do the same as his father Brian, and go to Direby first.

On the other way around, Brian Clough went to Direby and later Forest.

Billy Davies has been to Direby and now might be at Forest.

Given we want to stay up and want to get promoted, then Billy Davies has masses of experience in the Championship, and getting promoted from it.

I would be very happy for Billy Davies to come, we stay up and do well next season.

But Brian Clough did not leave Derby at the bottom of the league, he came to Forest when Derby were possibily one of the best teams in the country.
    We need a manager that is going to entertain us not bore us with crap football, I have had enough of seeing that at Forest and can only remember Paul Hart in the past few years that has given us good football. If you have seen Burton play you will see that they play good football and the kind we would like to see at the City Ground. It dont matter if that is in the Conf because if he can get those players playing it he can get better players doing the same. If Nigel is now intrested in moving up like im told he is by his own Cousin then Forest should be doing the utmost to make sure that is with Nott'm Forest. Also the being in his fathers shadow should not even come into it as the club is completely different with nothing left but a stand and a trophy cabinet to remind you of the great Brian Clough. Lets face it nothing on the pitch can remind you of him. Its not his fathers team now like Frank Clark had to cope with, Nigel can make his own team

Forest expect to name Davies as manager

• Aidy Boothroyd and Iain Dowie also in the frame
    • Hope to install boss before FA Cup tie on Saturday

Nottingham Forest hope to appoint Billy Davies as their manager before the end of the week. Mark Arthur, the club's chief executive, said yesterday that *Forest had narrowed their shortlist down to "four or five potential candidates" but it is understood that the former Derby County and Preston North End manager is the clear frontrunner and, providing a financial package can be agreed, could be in the post in time to take charge of Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie at Manchester City.

Davies has been out of work since he left Forest's east Midlands rivals, Derby, a little more than 12 months ago but he has been keen to return to management and it is believed that he was approached by *Forest over a month ago. Forest have also considered Aidy Boothroyd and Iain Dowie but Davies, who led Derby to promotion to the Premier League in his first season at Pride Park, has emerged as the preferred choice to replace Colin Calderwood.

Nigel Clough has also been linked with the City Ground post but the former *Forest player, whose late father Brian led the club to two European Cups and the old first division title, is now the favourite to take over at Pride Park following the departure of Paul Jewell on Monday. The 42-year-old, who has guided Burton Albion to the top of the Blue Square Premier, has insisted he has not spoken to Forest or Derby. "I have had no contact with either club and I will just get on with doing my job at Burton, as always," said Clough.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...t-billy-davies

Assuming this is true, of course.

I sometimes wonder what on earth the people running this club are thinking at times. We, as a group of fans, are amongst the fussiest when it comes to football being played the 'right' way. So they shortlist 3 hoofers.

I can understand the Davies link, he has been very successful at this level and we tried to get him 2 years ago, but the other two have no right to be considered for this job. Boothroyd's whole career is built on the back of ONE good season where all they did was launch it to King and Henderson. Watford fans are used to a direct game, after Turnip Taylor's success there in the 80's but even they got sick of Boothroyd. Dowie on the other hand has been a complete and utter failure in his last THREE jobs.

Initially I was dead against Davies but considering some of the other dross that has been linked to this post, I'd be almost relieved to get him in. Where's the inspiration?

Senior Mass Debater

To be honest I think appointing Davies is a sound business decision and IF he gets us to mid table and we thrash The Sheep next year he will be everyones hero. (even with Route1)
    If Nigel had proven himself in League 1 or 2 then I would have more confidence in him being up to the challenges in the CCC.
    I would be surprised if The Sheep go for Nigel either.

Last one standing

We appoint Davies, we can say goodbye to Earnie.

Nottingham Forest will name former Derby County boss Billy Davies as their new manager before Saturday's FA Cup tie against Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

i feel sick. come back colin all is forgiven.

That's just the NEP article from yesterday rehashed. Nothing new that I can see.

Senior Mass Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Col
    We appoint Davies, we can say goodbye to Earnie.
    Not necessarily. Different circumstances and different club with a different mix of players. Depends on how professional both can be. Hopefully very?

I've warmed to Billy Davies now after hearing of the other candidates involved

As for Earnshaw. Doughty will probably tell Davies to get on with him, unless an offer that recoups what we paid for Earnie is put in. But we can't really be selling a good striker at this time. Billy Davies isn't that dumb either.

But Brian Clough did not leave Derby at the bottom of the league, he came to Forest when Derby were possibily one of the best teams in the country.
    We need a manager that is going to entertain us not bore us with crap football, I have had enough of seeing that at Forest and can only remember Paul Hart in the past few years that has given us good football. If you have seen Burton play you will see that they play good football and the kind we would like to see at the City Ground. It dont matter if that is in the Conf because if he can get those players playing it he can get better players doing the same. If Nigel is now intrested in moving up like im told he is by his own Cousin then Forest should be doing the utmost to make sure that is with Nott'm Forest. Also the being in his fathers shadow should not even come into it as the club is completely different with nothing left but a stand and a trophy cabinet to remind you of the great Brian Clough. Lets face it nothing on the pitch can remind you of him. Its not his fathers team now like Frank Clark had to cope with, Nigel can make his own team
    Have you been a regular at CG this season?

We've been playing some great football at times. I know theres been a lot of shit but most of the time we have tried to play a passing game on the floor, a point missed by most people who wanted CC out. I suppose these will be the same people who are being so negative about the appointment of B Davies.
    As Joe Kinnear said after being slagged off before a ball was kicked, you use the players you have in the way that suits them, whats to say he doesn't come in and play the ball on the deck?

Unfortunately, I think It's going to be between Boothroyd & Davies.
    Boothroyd; over rated manager, Got Watford up, but then nothing straight back down and then no promotion...He might do well, I don't know, I don't really like him.
    Davies; I like, maybe he has fell out with Earnie & Camp in the past, but surely they've got to forget the past and try and sort it out. He did well at Preston, just missed out on the premier league, and at Derby did okay.

No wonder my post count..

See you later then. You're not fit to support any team, let alone Forest.

To be honest, Billy wouldn't be my first choice, but it is the chairmans decision.

I can't see any good in riding down to the City Ground for Davies's first game in charge chanting "Davies Out, Davies Out!!" because thats plain rude and surely not the negativity any new manager, or the team needs.

I'll support Forest even if they put Jeremy Paxman in charge, or decide to pack up and move south to Loughborough, changing their name to LB Reds. (Well, that may be stretching it).

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back from the Cold

Too right, we don't need 'fans' such as the above.

Brian Clough managed Brighton & Hove Albion of the 3rd division & then Leeds before joining Forest.

I've thought it would be Davies or Clough all along but I've got a sneaking feeling that Nigel Clough will go to Direby and Davies will price himself out of the job.

I'm going to have a tenner on Aidy Boothroyd.

oopsy daisy!

Where do we get this idea that Davies is a long ball man? I seem to recall Preston, David Nuget et al, tearing us apart with slick passing football, but I could be wrong. He inherited a poor Derby squad and had limited finances to address their slide - Was the long ball solution he used there a short term measure to suit his players? which proved more successful than anticipated? If we get Davies as manager I suggest we all shut up, get behind him and the team and wait and see what happens. If he proves to be an unsuccessful long ball merchant then we can grumble, but only then.

I am also thinking of running a book on the time of the first genuine 'New manager (insert name as applicable) out!' thread.

JOIN ME

goodbye everyone

on skysports news now

Read that on the BBC gossip column this morning, should be err interesting.

Note for mods, is it possible to combine all of the Billy Davies to be new manager threads!