Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Over?

Default Season Over?

Call me over-dramatic, but losing Lansbury for 3 months on top of the Vaughan injury is that big a blow.

We saw against Preston and the first half of the Watford game how much we rely on Lansbury, he is the heartbeat of the side. He and Reid run the side with their mix of ability on the ball, passing and energy. Both are irreplaceable.

Cannot believe our bad luck, we must be cursed. 15 years out of the Premier League, whenever we look good something like this happens. We even managed through the hard work of Billy and generosity of Fawaz to overcome the injuries to Cohen, Wilson, Blackstock - another long term injury is ridiculous. Imagine Leicester without Morgan, Knockaert, Drinkwater and Nugent.

I was so optimistic after the 2 home wins and the look of our squad after the transfer window. The only way out is a top loan signing, but how do you replace an in form Henri Lansbury?

I'm sure I'll get stick for my original assertion, and I hope you bring this thread back up in May. But I just do not see it now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Season Over?

Don't be dramatic, you never know what'll happen. COYR!

a real shitter, but season over is over-dramatic

Certainly a huge blow; hopefully, not terminal. Can we go cap in hand to uncle Fawaz again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Don't be dramatic, you never know what'll happen. COYR!
    I'm just being honest. I hope it's not the case. But who on earth do you replace him with that won't significantly weaken us in a critical part of the field?

It's all about mid-table...

Not over but certainly just got a whole lot harder

Hello

tis play off time

Quote Originally Posted by matt1988 View Post
    I'm just being honest. I hope it's not the case. But who on earth do you replace him with that won't significantly weaken us in a critical part of the field?

It is unbelievable and does feel like we're cursed. Why are we so unlucky, I just don't know .

would Mackie be worth a go in the Lansbury role? he has bags and bags of energy, not scared to get his foot in, poss a short term option before we try get someone in on loan...

Quote Originally Posted by bob bobson View Post
    tis play off time
    Ok yeah, that's a possibility if Billy can guide us through the remaining months and Lansbury and Vaughan can recover to full match sharpness for the play offs. Just being 'fit' isn't even enough, you need everyone at 100% to stand any chance of going up, no passengers

Rice 34

We ded

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    That's as good as we could hope for and he is a much weaker player than Henri Lansbury - pass completion, goals, even defensively

Best served cold

Matt, you are far too dramatic

Lansbury and the others are huge loses, and personally I think our push for automatic is done.

But maybe we will make the play offs and sneak through? We also don't know what the club will do in the loan market. Maybe we will finally get Dorrans in, to keep us ticking over till Lansbury and Vaughan are resurrected

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Not that type of player

Surely we'll have to bring a loan or two in now.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

It's like loosing McKenna all over again

Without wishing injury on anyone, why is it never a poor, squad player that this happens to!? Or even an average, replaceable player? First choice centre half, left back and two centre mids all crocked over the course of 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977 View Post
    It's like loosing McKenna all over again
    It's worse than that. Much worse.

Not over by a long stretch.

Have confidence though as long as the fickle fans keep off his makeshift replacements back we could just be ok

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post

Lansbury and the others are huge loses, and personally I think our push for automatic is done.

But maybe we will make the play offs and sneak through? We also don't know what the club will do in the loan market. Maybe we will finally get Dorrans in, to keep us ticking over till Lansbury and Vaughan are resurrected
    I really hope I am!

But I would have said the same after we failed to get Shorey or similar left back in Jan 2010.

We could all pretend it was fine and James Perch could 'do a job' but it was season over. You can't have passengers if you want promotion. Who is going to drive us on away at Burnley, QPR, Derby?

Last one standing

I don't think you're being dramatic enough. I seriously think that this is the end of Nottingham Forest. Conference here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1977 View Post
    Have confidence though as long as the fickle fans keep off his makeshift replacements back we could just be ok
    Of course. I'm always going to be supportive and back the team, hope for the best.

Such as 1-0 at Preston!

Maybe I'm being over-dramatic but we're going to win the cup!

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post

Well personally I don't think it's too dramatic to say how unbelievably unlucky we are to lose Cohen, Wilson, Lansbury, Vaughan and Blackstock all to long term, season ending injuries in the space of one season and two in the space of two days. It's unreal and I'm just fed up of us always being so unlucky, especially when for once everything seems to be going so well. It feels like we're always destined to be the bridesmaid, never the bride for whatever reason. I hope I'm wrong but all our best laid plans always seem to crumble somehow. I don't know, it's Forest, should be used to it, but for once everything seems so great and then this. Sigh.

Last edited by matt1982; 05-02-14 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I don't think you're being dramatic enough. I seriously think that this is the end of Nottingham Forest. Conference here we come.
    Fancy a wager? Might soften the blow!