Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: My scouting mission @ Manchester City

...the Liatrom Red

Default My scouting mission @ Manchester City

Nevermind all this boring manager talk (what will be will be), we've a game on Saturday, so can we start discussing it please?

I was at Wastelands on Saturday for the Hull game, as was visiting the outlaws over Xmas. Despite the 5-1 scoreline in their favour, I wasn't at all scared by what I saw.

Hull were simply terrible in the first half, and gave City their goals on a plate. The second half was much more even, with very little in the way of entertainment. I really do think if we have a go, we've a real chance of at least a draw.

It's a lovely ground, but was more like a morgue, despite the result. It's interesting to note that before City scored their goal, the City faithful were really getting on their teams back. This led to the kind of inevitable mistakes that we see at the City Ground due to the same misguided heckling from our supporters. They looked very nervous indeed, and vulnerable in the extreme to pace. This continued in the 2nd half when the goals dried up. The bitter blues appear to have forgotten where they were a few years back and seem intent on abuse, rather than support.

In particular, we really need to attack down the right wing at Michael Ball who was very slow & clearly lacks confidence (he was the target for much of the abuse). In the middle, Dunne & Richards were very shaky too. They looked very susceptible to pace and, surprisingly, set pieces.

Their biggest threats, as I see it, are Robinho (if it's not too cold for him), Company (really solid midfielder who I fear will boss the show in the middle) Ireland (their nutcase creative vision who we must close down) & the new kid on the block, striker Daniel Sturridge.

By the way, the stadium announcer referred to City playing a team called Notts Forest on Saturday. Have we been thrown out of the competition or was this just a typical arrogant, disrespectful slur from a Club who, despite all their cash, have won fu*k all for over 32 years? It annoyed me anyway + their website refers to us as 'strugglers'

By the way, they do indeed sell beer in the ground (including after the game) and not just the usual p*ss but a fine Chinese ale, Shanghai beer. The all round facilities at Wastelands are fantastic at what must be one of the finest council pitches in the land!

Lets enjoy it hey? Pemperton's Red & White Army!!!!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: My scouting mission @ Manchester City

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo
    Nevermind all this boring manager talk (what will be will be), we've a game on Saturday, so can we start discussing it please?

I was at Wastelands on Saturday for the Hull game, as was visiting the outlaws over Xmas. Despite the 5-1 scoreline in their favour, I wasn't at all scared by what I saw.

Hull were simply terrible in the first half, and gave City their goals on a plate. The second half was much more even, with very little in the way of entertainment. I really do think if we have a go, we've a real chance of at least a draw.

It's a lovely ground, but was more like a morgue, despite the result. It's interesting to note that before City scored their goal, the City faithful were really getting on their teams back. This led to the kind of inevitable mistakes that we see at the City Ground due to the same misguided heckling from our supporters. They looked very nervous indeed, and vulnerable in the extreme to pace. This continued in the 2nd half when the goals dried up. The bitter blues appear to have forgotten where they were a few years back and seem intent on abuse, rather than support.

In particular, we really need to attack down the right wing at Michael Ball who was very slow & clearly lacks confidence (he was the target for much of the abuse). In the middle, Dunne & Richards were very shaky too. They looked very susceptible to pace and, surprisingly, set pieces.

Their biggest threats, as I see it, are Robinho (if it's not too cold for him), Company (really solid midfielder who I fear will boss the show in the middle) Ireland (their nutcase creative vision who we must close down) & the new kid on the block, striker Daniel Sturridge.

By the way, the stadium announcer referred to City playing a team called Notts Forest on Saturday. Have we been thrown out of the competition or was this just a typical arrogant, disrespectful slur from a Club who, despite all their cash, have won fu*k all for over 32 years? It annoyed me anyway + their website refers to us as 'strugglers'

By the way, they do indeed sell beer in the ground (including after the game) and not just the usual p*ss but a fine Chinese ale, Shanghai beer. The all round facilities at Wastelands are fantastic at what must be one of the finest council pitches in the land!

richards shakey? vulnerable to pace? he is one of the fastest players in the league

Long Serving Member

I think a scouting report on Man City would just have read like this...

-Mark Robinho
    - And Wright-Phillips if you can

N.B Mark Robinho is not a player, he goes by the name of just Robinho...

no kick robinho hard and the same for SWP

but seriously we do have a chance its gonna be cold so the brazilian wont like it and its gonna be tough out there we have to rattle him !

...the Liatrom Red

I'm only saying it as I saw it with regards to Richards. Weird comment, I know, as both he and Dunne are undoubtably class.

Having discussed Dunne/Richards with some City fans, they share my view that somethings not right. Have a look at the goals they've been conceading, and you'll see what I mean. Richards doesn't look fit, he looks fat. Dunne likewise.

As I say, both are class players so maybe it's a confidence thing.

you'll see what I mean when Joe, Earnie or Tyson skin the pair of them time after time on Saturday and Brecks/Morgan leave them for dead from Cohan's crosses (I hope!).

Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Utrinque Paratus
    richards shakey? vulnerable to pace? he is one of the fastest players in the league
    He has been looking rather portly of late though I reckon. Perhaps he has contracted Parkin-Reid syndrome?

Ireland have to watch out for too, He is class midfielder. He's been in fine form this year.

Although handling Robinho is going to be the main problem (understatement!), i think youre right about the defence. Dunne has gone back to his terrible form of a couple of seasons ago and is amazingly slow. And Richards has to be one of the most over-rated defenders in the Premiership. He is undoubtedly a talent for the future but i think he has also stalled - if you look at the goals City concede, Richards is usually out of position. That said, Ireland is looking pretty good this season so a draw at their place and a win in the victory should do it!

City fan here, in peace. So no-one seems to have sussed this clown is a rag, Roonaldo? Talking crap about City? HAS to be a red.

Anyway, ignore the goon. So we won 5-1 but played shit basically, lol, can you believe this guy?

A more balanced view would be this; City are very unpredictable, if we hit form we can be devastating, and Forest will struggle to keep up with the pace upfront. It's no secret though that if you get our faces we don't like it, so you never know. I believe we will play strong side, as we are certainly not in a postion to be able to play weakened sides like Arsenal might do, plus having won nothing for years the FA Cup would do very nicely!

Re beer in the ground, it's deffo on sale in the home end and it's a Thai beer called Singha (see the rag can't even read or spell), also Bud and Fosters on tap, you'll need a small mortgage to get a round in though. If you going for a beer beforehand, best to stay in the centre of Manchester (15min walk to the ground from picadilly). Most pubs will accommodate away fans no problem as long as you're just after a drink and a sing song, and most blues are happy to run shoulders with decent away fans in town. Don't bother trying the pubs near the ground, you just won't get in.

Anyway, have a good day (not the result obviously) and good luck for the season.

ps Aren't utd fans sad as fcuk?

My scout report...

SWP will tear Heath a new arsehole and Robinho will run rings around Wes and Breckin. The strikers won't get a sniff and the midfield will be overrun.

We're going to get tonked, so don't put extra pressure on the lads thinking we can win, just back our boys until the final whistle.

Micah Richards is shagging the bird from Corrie who plays Rosie Webster(Helen Flanaghan)Perhaps shes the cause of his loss of form.Wouldnt be the first time a woman has ruined a footballers form?

Lucky bugger!!!

nakkernino del clusto

Dunne is overweight, Richards is a decathlete not a footballer, Ball is the 3rd chuckle brother. Going forward they look good but they are small, robinho, swp, ireland, all miniscule and no doubt all will be wearing gloves, a cold hard ball on the thigh will probably knock these girls out of their stride, benjani = bambi on ice. All to play for really!

We won't take advantage of their glaring faults, we never do.

i can't see robinho playing and we have no chance of winning nor getting a draw

Quote Originally Posted by mrc666
    Micah Richards is shagging the bird from Corrie who plays Rosie Webster(Helen Flanaghan)Perhaps shes the cause of his loss of form.Wouldnt be the first time a woman has ruined a footballers form?

Lucky bugger!!!
    Bloody hell!

If i was a betting man id put a bet on the fact that Mark Hughes will rest Robinho due to the fact that he's been injured a few times recently and wouldnt want him getting another knock!

Swedish Meatball

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    Dunne is overweight
    If Richard Dunne is overweight then Wes Morgan is clinically obese.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    Ireland have to watch out for too, He is class midfielder. He's been in fine form this year.
    Irelands got a ban for 5 yellows coming up..whether its for the game against us im not sure..hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by EDDY_FOREST
    Irelands got a ban for 5 yellows coming up..whether its for the game against us im not sure..hope so!
    Hopefully, Great player though!
    Also, Daniel Sturridge. will probably come on as Sub, has good pace, good passing, good touch and not bad finishing.
    Elano, If he plays...He can be a danger.
    Joe Hart, Not bad goalie.

Victor Meldrew

Colin Bell and Francis Lee are the main threat. Watch out for probing runs from Summerbee and Dennis Law on the flanks.

See, I can do Scouting too.

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard
    City fan here, in peace. So no-one seems to have sussed this clown is a rag, Roonaldo? Talking crap about City? HAS to be a red.

Anyway, ignore the goon. So we won 5-1 but played s**t basically, lol, can you believe this guy?

A more balanced view would be this; City are very unpredictable, if we hit form we can be devastating, and Forest will struggle to keep up with the pace upfront. It's no secret though that if you get our faces we don't like it, so you never know. I believe we will play strong side, as we are certainly not in a postion to be able to play weakened sides like Arsenal might do, plus having won nothing for years the FA Cup would do very nicely!

Re beer in the ground, it's deffo on sale in the home end and it's a Thai beer called Singha (see the rag can't even read or spell), also Bud and Fosters on tap, you'll need a small mortgage to get a round in though. If you going for a beer beforehand, best to stay in the centre of Manchester (15min walk to the ground from picadilly). Most pubs will accommodate away fans no problem as long as you're just after a drink and a sing song, and most blues are happy to run shoulders with decent away fans in town. Don't bother trying the pubs near the ground, you just won't get in.

Anyway, have a good day (not the result obviously) and good luck for the season.

ps Aren't utd fans sad as fcuk?
    Indeed I am a Red my bitter blue friend. 100% Forest RED. The 'Roonaldo' nickname came about way before that spotty tw*t at Moan U hit the scene so you're way off the mark.

Some of my best mates are blue and I've nothing against City, other than having been married to one of your lot for 9 years. Can't comment on your accusations about me being a 'rag', as I don't know what one is, but you're right about the clown bit. Frank Wheldon School, Carlton - school disco - 1983. I seem to recall donning a rather fetching clown suit. How did you know? Do we know each other?

Now that's out of the way, I appear to have touched a nerve Bluebeard. You obviously didn't take kindly to my comments about Saturday, but I wasn't as impressed as you so obviously were (were you actually there, or just watching on the telly?). No, you didn't play sh*t, indeed, you were very clinical going forward in the first half. However, you look vulnerable at the back, and your so-called wonderful support was shockingly negative (apart from in Mary D's before the game. If only you could transfer that energy into the ground).

You've got some great really players (particularly Company, Ireland, Sturridge, Robinho & Forest reject Wright-Phillips) but also a few that go to pieces due to the moral-knocking criticism your so-called world class supporters aim in their direction (particularly Dunne, Richards & Ball). I was in the end behind the goal, your so-called 'home-end', and your supporters treatment of Ball was quite disgusting and so obviously destroying him. This was by no means my first visit to Wastelands, so not a one-off. Keep up the good work on Saturday. Tyosn will have a field day!

By the way, loved your comment 'if we hit form we can be devastating'. That's a big 'IF'. Looking at the league table, you must have a crystal ball as 'form' isn't something you can possibly comment on.

Oh, and shame on me for getting the name of your beer wrong, but very helpful comment you made on a Forest forum about beer being available in the home end. Derrrr?

As for blues being happy to 'run shoulders with decent away fans in town' (think he means 'rub'), DON'T take this advice as across the board.

This guy has blue-tinted specs on. They've some real nasty ba*tard supporters that would quite happily have a go in town. There not all bad (I'll be meeting up with some blues myself), but just be careful. Also, contry to what Mr Know-all-Know-Nothing advises, you WILL get a drink as an away fan near the ground. I saw plenty of amber and black Hull shirts in three pubs prior to the game last week, without anyone kicking up a fuss. I'd advise you just cover up your colours.

At least this bitter blue got one thing right, having been an eternity since they've won anything, they really want to win this, so we won't be getting an easy ride. A fine 1-1 draw is my prediction.

P.S. Utd fans sad as f*ck? Bit of a sweeping statement don't you think? Depends doesn't it? I'd say Scunny Utd fans would be quite the opposite, but see where you're coming from with regards to Leeds Utd fans.

Dall'Italia,W Nottingham Forest!

We should attack down the right as Ball has no pace - let's hope Davies isn't on the right wing then!

Oh, and shame on me for getting the name of your beer wrong, but very helpful comment you made on a Forest forum about beer being available in the home end. Derrrr?
    Oh you also got the name of our stand in manager wrong too...his name is Pemberton, not Pemperton :P

Happy New Year too

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von
    Oh you also got the name of our stand in manager wrong too...his name is Pemberton, not Pemperton :P

Happy New Year too
    Pollocks. I'm always getting my 'p''s & 'b''s mixed ub. I feel like such a brat, as I'm a pig fan of his.

Fortunately it doesn't brevent me from getting certain bhrases right. 'MARK ARTHUR'S A C*NT', for examble.

HABBY NEW YEAR FELLOW TRICKIES!.

Pollocks. I'm always getting my 'p''s & 'b''s mixed ub. I feel like such a brat, as I'm a pig fan of his.

Fortunately it doesn't brevent me from getting certain bhrases right. 'MARK ARTHUR'S A C*NT', for examble.

HABBY NEW YEAR FELLOW TRICKIES!.