Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Home Form

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Home Form

    Has anyone else noticed that, since yesterday's win, we have now won 13 points away from home but only 11 at home.

    I am tempted to say that the larger crowds have an affect but Norwich and Southampton both had big crowds - do the players feel under too much pressure at the City Ground?

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2

    Default Re: Home Form

    Norwich and Southampton similarly have also been on the poor side at home,especially the latter.No coincidence perhaps,a lot of sides are feeling the pressure down at the bottom in front of their own fans


  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,612

    Default Re: Home Form

    Hello Zigga Zagga, where have you been recent times ?. Nice to see you post again, or is it me just missed them .

    An element of fear and tension must creep into home games, so much is expected of the players, so little at time's is delivered.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Hello Zigga Zagga, where have you been recent times ?. Nice to see you post again, or is it me just missed them .

    An element of fear and tension must creep into home games, so much is expected of the players, so little at time's is delivered.
    Hi Sedge,

    To be honest I've been visiting but not posting because the forum began to feel a little like a kindergarten! If you disagreed with something and dared to state an opposite opinion you were subjected to personal abuse, having been married for over 30 years I can get abuse at home. This behaviour appears to have lessened somewhat so I hope we can get to reasoned discussion again.

    I see your point about the 'fear factor' but, when you're getting thousands of pounds a week it really shouldn't affect you.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by zigga-zagga
    Hi Sedge,

    To be honest I've been visiting but not posting because the forum began to feel a little like a kindergarten! If you disagreed with something and dared to state an opposite opinion you were subjected to personal abuse, having been married for over 30 years I can get abuse at home. This behaviour appears to have lessened somewhat so I hope we can get to reasoned discussion again.

    I see your point about the 'fear factor' but, when you're getting thousands of pounds a week it really shouldn't affect you.
    And not forgetting the fact that they actually train most days to do this job! They have been in training for nearly all their lives if you look at!

    No its not nice getting jeered and booed most weeks, and no, most of wouldn't like it if this happened in our regular Joe jobs, but what needs to be looked at is the fact that we dont get paid the massive amounts they get! No, I'm not saying that because they get paid more they should get more abuse, but I am saying that it isnt exactly a tough life for them is it? Really?


  7. #6

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by zigga-zagga
    Hi Sedge,

    To be honest I've been visiting but not posting because the forum began to feel a little like a kindergarten! If you disagreed with something and dared to state an opposite opinion you were subjected to personal abuse, having been married for over 30 years I can get abuse at home. This behaviour appears to have lessened somewhat so I hope we can get to reasoned discussion again.

    I see your point about the 'fear factor' but, when you're getting thousands of pounds a week it really shouldn't affect you.
    ditto


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,295

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by adamthered
    And not forgetting the fact that they actually train most days to do this job! They have been in training for nearly all their lives if you look at!

    No its not nice getting jeered and booed most weeks, and no, most of wouldn't like it if this happened in our regular Joe jobs, but what needs to be looked at is the fact that we dont get paid the massive amounts they get! No, I'm not saying that because they get paid more they should get more abuse, but I am saying that it isnt exactly a tough life for them is it? Really?
    it would be quite funny actually having 20,000 people watching you work giving you stick , i'm a painter and i can imagine it now "paint it for fucks sake you useless ****" ......"he can't even control a brush!"............you get the idea


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by thetfordred
    it would be quite funny actually having 20,000 people watching you work giving you stick , i'm a painter and i can imagine it now "paint it for fucks sake you useless ****" ......"he can't even control a brush!"............you get the idea



  10. #9
    JOIN ME
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,943

    Default Re: Home Form

    i think the home form is the first thing the new manager needs to sort out.



  11. #10
    nakkernino del clusto
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,911

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by thetfordred
    it would be quite funny actually having 20,000 people watching you work giving you stick , i'm a painter and i can imagine it now "paint it for fucks sake you useless ****" ......"he can't even control a brush!"............you get the idea
    'the painter is a wanker' Better than watching the paint dry certainly. 'he's got a bit on the window, sub the twat'


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,295

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    'the painter is a wanker' Better than watching the paint dry certainly. 'he's got a bit on the window, sub the t**t'
    subs ! i didn't think of that blokes warming up waiting to come on stretching and practicing brush strokes ............you could even have away overalls!


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    259

    Default Re: Home Form

    Although the fans expectations may play some part, do you not think opposing team tactics play some part? By that I mean that the majority of sides have come to the CG & sat deep, defended in numbers and attacked opportunely, meaning that we have scored very few at home this season as we simply don't have the guile to break organised sides down.

    Away from home, we're given alot more space and can get in behing defences much more easily and so have scored more.

    Obviously the atmosphere was hostile on Friday, but apart from that I actually think the CG atmosphere has been very patient this season, considering how poor we've been at home - I can't remember much booing at all, other than for the last 10 minutes against Palace, especially not in comparison to last year where the players were sometimes booed off at half time even when it was 0-0.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    492

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by thetfordred
    it would be quite funny actually having 20,000 people watching you work giving you stick , i'm a painter and i can imagine it now "paint it for f**ks sake you useless c**t" ......"he can't even control a brush!"............you get the idea
    Stroke it to the left, Left for Fucks sake Left PAINTER OUT, PAINTER OUT......

    To be fair I haven't looked at it like that. I defy anybody even doctors to do there job right when having a constant barrage by people telling you that your shit.......


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,202

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by zigga-zagga
    Has anyone else noticed that, since yesterday's win, we have now won 13 points away from home but only 11 at home.

    I am tempted to say that the larger crowds have an affect but Norwich and Southampton both had big crowds - do the players feel under too much pressure at the City Ground?
    I have just watched Big League Weekend 2 on SKY and Tommy Mooney, when commenting on the big crowd on Boxing Day, said " ...and the City Ground, notoriously, when they aren't happy with the team after 10 minutes they let you know".

    "Notoriously", coming from a pro-footballer there can be no more damning indictment of the fans. It just proves that every boo or jeer is music to the oppositons ears.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,418

    Default Re: Home Form

    There was a genuine attempt to get behind the team on boxing day in cap1 just before they scored but as as been pointed out elsewhere on this forum this changed so quickly after donnys first it was unreal. I think we all need to bemore patient and realistic.


  17. #16
    Daniel
    Guest

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by zigga-zagga
    Hi Sedge,

    To be honest I've been visiting but not posting because the forum began to feel a little like a kindergarten! If you disagreed with something and dared to state an opposite opinion you were subjected to personal abuse, having been married for over 30 years I can get abuse at home. This behaviour appears to have lessened somewhat so I hope we can get to reasoned discussion again.

    I see your point about the 'fear factor' but, when you're getting thousands of pounds a week it really shouldn't affect you.
    Zigga Zagga - You are spot on although you missed out on he attention seeking new thread posters based on a subject repeated millions of times further down.

    As for the abuse for the wife, 7 years of marriage is enough to realise it wears you down, so for 30 I admire your courage. lol You deserve a medal


  18. #17
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Home Form

    Quote Originally Posted by zigga-zagga
    I have just watched Big League Weekend 2 on SKY and Tommy Mooney, when commenting on the big crowd on Boxing Day, said " ...and the City Ground, notoriously, when they aren't happy with the team after 10 minutes they let you know".

    "Notoriously", coming from a pro-footballer there can be no more damning indictment of the fans. It just proves that every boo or jeer is music to the oppositons ears.
    Someone stated it last season, can't remember who, but their gane plan was 'frustrate Forest for 20 minutes and the crowd will lose them the game'.



    Talk to me, Goose.

  19. #18
    Rice # 42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Hucknall
    Posts
    6,286

    Default Re: Home Form

    Doesn't that seem to happen at most grounds now?

    Norwich fans were giving it out (understandably), but at Coventry, they were getting stick from their own supporters while they were winning!


  20. #19
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Home Form

    Norwich fans were scarily like us in their attitude. The ones to the right spent more time watching the Forest fans than the game, and started levelling abuse at the team, management and even Delia once McGugan slotted in the second!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •