Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Connor Wickham and Hamdi Harbaoui

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Connor Wickham and Hamdi Harbaoui

If Wickham is worth 8 million then i'm coming out of retirement.Lets be honest he is like a young Hendo but scores less.

No wonder my post count..

Yeah, 20 goals in 111 appearances as far as wikipedia is concerned. I think he's worth at least loaning until the end of the season.

If we do that, make Vaughan permanent and get a left back (2011 called) then I'm a happy camper.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplehead View Post
    If Wickham is worth 8 million then i'm coming out of retirement.Lets be honest he is like a young Hendo but scores less.
    Will it be safe to eat out in Nottingham any more?
    A Baby Hendo

Yes please to Wickham

Wickham is definately not wort £8M. Surely his market value has come down considerably? I think he can do a job in championship and might develop into a passable prem one with time but I would have thought he was a cut price option not a budget busting starlet.

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Wickham is definately not wort £8M. Surely his market value has come down considerably? I think he can do a job in championship and might develop into a passable prem one with time but I would have thought he was a cut price option not a budget busting starlet.
    I know. The thing is, what we've essentially done now is set a pretty high price in the media, so I imagine any negotiations will start from that level now. I don't think he's worth a quarter of that price, let alone half.

I quite like the sound of this Haribo chap. My biscuit radar is flashing though, not sure why

I don't really rate Wickham.

I've been stat hunting. Haribaoui scored lots at the start of the season but hasn't scored since October. Scored 12 goals in eah of his past 2 seasons, but the year before that he scored 25 in the Belgian Second Division, which is a fairly poor league

Hmmm

Banned

Depends how the 8mills structured i do like wickham and i like the idea of a young english striker always a good chance his value will soar if he strings together a season and a half of form see carroll.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

"It is understood", "it is believed", "it is thought".........voila, today's back-page sorted, job done

Just looked at a few youtube videos on Harbaoui. I know you can only take them with a pinch of salt but he appears to be a poacher rather than a technical player and he knows where the goal is.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/hamdi-harbaoui/21128/

For £2m I'd take a punt.

If these 2 are going to be our striker saviours I'm worried.

Id sign Wickham on loan, but wouldn't pay 8 million for the lad, unless he proved he could bang them in week in week out.

Hamdi Harbaoui is someone I have never heard of before, so god knows what Id think if we did sign him.

oopsy daisy!

Hamdi Harabaui?

Isn't that some sort of yoghurt?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboreds View Post
    Id sign Wickham on loan, but wouldn't pay 8 million for the lad, unless he proved he could bang them in week in week out.

Hamdi Harbaoui is someone I have never heard of before, so god knows what Id think if we did sign him.
    On loan with a view would be good

Nope.

Either would be horrible signings and wouldn't score for us - complete waste of millions...

Isn't Wickham already on loan somewhere? Or has that ended? His career has been a complete flop so far, either way.

Looking for quality strikers abroad is exactly what we should be doing, providing Davies doesn't put them in the reserves for six months to ''adapt to the game''. Whether this Harbaoui fellow is the one we should go for I'm unsure, but his goalscoring-record looks promising.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jara Wizard, Harry View Post
    Isn't Wickham already on loan somewhere? Or has that ended? His career has been a complete flop so far, either way.

Looking for quality strikers abroad is exactly what we should be doing, providing Davies doesn't put them in the reserves for six months to ''adapt to the game''. Whether this Harbaoui fellow is the one we should go for I'm unsure, but his goalscoring-record looks promising.
    Sheff wed hes in good form

Not that type of player

We won't be paying anywhere near 8m for Wickham. He's not worth that anymore, and anyway the article doesn't even say that once you read beyond the headline, only that Sunderland would (obviously) want to recoup as much of that as poss.

He has the potential, and with the right coaching could become a top striker. He's certainly already good at Championship level. He's the kind of player I think we should be looking at - promising younger players who are already good enough at this level (e.g Lansbury)

“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jara Wizard, Harry View Post

Youtube video he scores in a 1 on 1 situation - sing sing sing him up

Looks like in the end we're going to have to take a punt on a relatively unknown player and hope that he comes good. In form strikers with proven records in the English Leagues just don't seem to be on the market, and when they're available then their prices are over inflated.

I think Charlie Austin and Djebbour have been the only forwards this season I would have been happy to pay over the odds for.

Looking Hairy

Nobody is suggesting he's worth £8m. He signed for Sunderland for that much.