Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Rabbit

Default Jade Rabbit

I have never bought into the conspiracy theory that Man has never landed on the Moon, although I concede that some of the arguments for it being a hoax are interesting.

It did get me thinking today though now that China has landed an unmanned craft there. Considering the Chinese obsession with making themselves world leaders and the fact that humans are a dispensable commodity in their culture....why did they not send a manned Mission?

Risk of failure is a possibility but considering how much technology has advanced since the last visit in 1972 surely the Chinese have the money and the technology to make it viable now?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Jade Rabbit

I think one of the answers lies in that very advance in technology: It is now possible for an unmanned rover to do things that only men could do 40 years ago.

Monk De Wally De Honk

We have satellites that can take an image of a matchbox from space, so surely that can turn them onto the moon and take photos of flags, footprints, Tyre tracks etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by 'eckinhell View Post
    We have satellites that can take an image of a matchbox from space, so surely that can turn them onto the moon and take photos of flags, footprints, Tyre tracks etc etc
    1. No they can't.

2. Even if they could, you can't just turn them round to take photos of footprints on the moon, the moon is 235,000 miles away.

We could send a satellite to orbit the moon and take photos of the tyre tracks, and we have.

winnits

Photoshopped

No we can't. http://what-if.xkcd.com/32/

This is the clarity a desk would be if the hubble telescope was pointing at a desk on earth*

*and earth had stopped spinning.

Because the earth is spinning it blurs the image. So if its was in a geo-sync orbit it'll actually look like this:

Last edited by WeAreNottingham; 14-12-13 at 22:39.

Monk De Wally De Honk

As Winnits said, photoshoppery.

They didn;t go and they do have telescopes big enough, they just don't want us to know, keep it hidden behind the chemtrials

I'm sure the Chinese would love nothing better than to expose the American hoax, let's see if they do...

Banned

Sounds like a dildo

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

If the Chinese are so technologically advanced as to put a rover on the moon, how come my "made in China" toaster from Argos packed up after a week?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

There's a fantastic Neil Armstrong video on the net somewhere. He's giving a speech to future NASA astronauts and the guy is in tears... something is lurking beneath the surface. He says something about one day 'searching for truth', and it's just the way in which he says it. There's something not quite right about it. Maybe he'd just had a dodgy kebab the night before

My feeling is that they did go, but that they didn't share their discoveries.

Last edited by tropix; 15-12-13 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    There's a fantastic Neil Armstrong video on the net somewhere. He's giving a speech to future NASA astronauts and the guy is in tears... something is lurking beneath the surface. He says something about one day 'searching for truth', and it's just the way in which he says it. There's something not quite right about it. Maybe he'd just had a dodgy kebab the night before

They got up there and there was a nice little boozer selling real ales?

Dinosaur Prick

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    If the Chinese are so technologically advanced as to put a rover on the moon, how come my "made in China" toaster from Argos packed up after a week?
    Because they want you to buy another one!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    I'm sure the Chinese would love nothing better than to expose the American hihoax, let's see if they do...
    I used to think that in the old days Barbus, in that surely the Russians had the technology to know for certain that the Yanks went.....but maybe they didn't?

Whilst "rovers" can do more research than man can on the Moon, for the Chinese to beam back footage of Chinese astronauts on the Moon would be a massive piece of propaganda and give them huge political clout.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    I used to think that in the old days Barbus, in that surely the Russians had the technology to know for certain that the Yanks went.....but maybe they didn't?
    The Americans definitely went. There is no doubt. None at all.

Whilst "rovers" can do more research than man can on the Moon, for the Chinese to beam back footage of Chinese astronauts on the Moon would be a massive piece of propaganda and give them huge political clout.
    I completely agree it would, which is why I think manned missions by the Chinese to the moon WILL happen sometime soon.
    The big difference is they haven't had to work to a self imposed deadline like the US did because of JFK's vow, so for that reason and the reason I already stated - the advance in robotics - is why they've done it this way first.

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post

It's full of Nazi scientists. There was a Finnish made documentary about it a couple years ago

Who gives a shit whether they landed on the moon or not, its not like we are ever going to live on it......or is there..Madeline anyone.

The Americans definitely went. There is no doubt. None at all.
    I used to think that Barbus......but somehow a couple of doubts are creeping in.

Even though the Apollo missions were performed using very primitive equipment by modern standards.....primitive equipment didn't stop the Vikings crossing the north Atlantic or Francis Drake “circumcising the Globe with a 100ft cutter”. However considering the rush to include all nationalities in inhabiting the various orbiting Space Stations you would have thought that someone would have returned to the Moon since 1972?

It's political innit?

As much as NASA would have loved to have kept the missions going, Washington over the last 40 years have took the view that the benefits weren't worth the huge cost; They'd been there and showed they could do it, and they turned their attention and dollars to other priorities.

It's political innit?

As much as NASA would have loved to have kept the missions going, Washington over the last 40 years have took the view that the benefits weren't worth the huge cost; They'd been there and showed they could do it, and they turned their attention and dollars to other priorities.
    Considering the equally huge cost of gettting and keeping men in orbit around the Earth....how much more would it cost to go to the Moon again? They only have to apply the new and delevoped space technology for Space Stations to a Lunar Landing? It's not rocket science?

Well yes and the ISS is one of the things they switched their attention to, as well as the now-defunct Space Shuttle program.

Going back to China, I think their long-term aim is to put miners on the moon. If that starts to look viable expect the Americans to become interested in the Moon again!

Well yes and the ISS is one of the things they switched their attention to, as well as the now-defunct Space Shuttle program.

Going back to China, I think their long-term aim is to put miners on the moon. If that starts to look viable expect the Americans to become interested in the Moon again!
    Agreed.

Am I correct in saying that only White Anglo-Saxon Males have ever been to the Moon? If so that is not very PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Agreed.

Am I correct in saying that only White Anglo-Saxon Males have ever been to the Moon? If so that is not very PC?
    In the early stages of the space programme they were considering sending Native Americans into space, because they foresaw (quite wrongly, as it turned out)that facial hair would be a problem in a 10+ day journey, and some American tribes do not grow facial hair.

As regards the PC issue-was anything PC in the 60's and early 70's?

The russians put a lady into space as early as 1963 -Valentina Tereshkova (I've spelt it phonetically, so might be incorrect).

Moon wars!!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNottingham View Post
    No we can't. http://what-if.xkcd.com/32/

This is the clarity a desk would be if the hubble telescope was pointing at a desk on earth*

*and earth had stopped spinning.

Because the earth is spinning it blurs the image. So if its was in a geo-sync orbit it'll actually look like this:

As Winnits said, photoshoppery.

They didn;t go and they do have telescopes big enough, they just don't want us to know, keep it hidden behind the chemtrials
    Quote Originally Posted by virgo View Post
    In the early stages of the space programme they were considering sending Native Americans into space, because they foresaw (quite wrongly, as it turned out)that facial hair would be a problem in a 10+ day journey, and some American tribes do not grow facial hair.

As regards the PC issue-was anything PC in the 60's and early 70's?

The russians put a lady into space as early as 1963 -Valentina Tereshkova (I've spelt it phonetically, so might be incorrect).
    Her period made a bit of a mess, I guess they've found ways around that now though.

Was once asked to play for England.