Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jump or pushed?

Default Jump or pushed?

Did Commons get much stick from the crowd last season? He did have a few crap games. I was wondering maybe he was all bitter about that and decided to leave on a "told you so" type high.

Of course, it may be nobody ever abused him, in which case he's still a fat pie eating traitor of a reject

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Long Serving Member

Default Re: Jump or pushed?

He jumped but didn't get that far off the ground.

Rice IV

He was constantly abused by the crowd, more so than the rest of the team.

Perhaps unfairly.

I think you have a good point here.

Derby were getting hammered week in week out last year, yet were still constantly cheered on.

The crowd at Forest were booing at half time if we were at 0-0.

Talk to me, Goose.

He got pushed and made a mighty splash when he fell in to the pool.

At least we top the 'Fickle' table. Derby are obviously bottom of that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch

Perhaps unfairly.

Derby were getting hammered week in week out last year, yet were still constantly cheered on.

I said this a few weeks ago and got slated for it.

People find it hard to admit the fact that at times out support is embarrassing compared to some other teams.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    I said this a few weeks ago and got slated for it.

People find it hard to admit the fact that at times out support is embarrassing compared to some other teams.
    I'm noticing that over the past few weeks whatever anyone says, people are slating it.

Only yesterday I welcomed someone to the forum and was abused for it.

The forum has become not a very nice place over the past few weeks.

I hope it changes back. I would stick to talking in a way new people wouldn't be able to see, but I would be abused for being elitist.

yam

Perhaps unfairly.

Derby were getting hammered week in week out last year, yet were still constantly cheered on. BOLLOCKS

Been to many Derby games?

I went to one it was half empty at half time and those that were left booed them off at full time.

Forest supporters aren't the only ones that boo their players off when they play like a sack of shit.

Perhaps unfairly.

Тhe Derby team got plenty of boos as well as cheers last season.

Perhaps unfairly.

Could have something to do with the fact that they were in the premiership and we were in our third season in league one *

Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    Тhe Derby team got plenty of boos as well as cheers last season.
    Yes but we were winning plenty of games, comfortably in the top half of the table adn we still failed to get behind the team as much as we should have.

While I understand that the boo boys solve nothing, remember that Derby were losing to Premiership teams. We were looking dodgey and spending a third season in the third division. A club the size of Forest of our size expects better.

I can see both sides of the argument here, but the fact remains that subjecting your own team to boos during a game doesn't help. Make your feelings known at the end if you feel strongly enough.

Forest have fantastic support, brilliant attendances despite being at the lowest point in our history (Derby pulled in around 8k when thety were in the 3rd div). Yes there's been a fair few dissenting voices but that happens everywhere even at Derby despite what their spin machine might say.

I went to a Birmingham game two years ago when they won promotion back to the Premiership, Bruce got it in the ear for the whole game, the atmosphere was far more spiteful there than it's been at Forest.

I find the criticism of our fans very disappointing.

I wouldn't go quite that far, according to a sheep I know the Boo Boys had turned on Jewel a month into his reign & many of their players got stick throughout the season. However I do agree when it comes to fickle we're up there with the best of em but I cant imagine a bit of stick was the main reason in his departure. I think he simply wanted to go & the money derby were offering swung it their way

yam

I work with a sheep shagger ST holder, he told me that people start to leave after half an hour at some games and that there are plenty of boo boys.
    Couldn't hear much of the home supporters when I went (I was in the away end), they're probably "miked up" for TV.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    Forest have fantastic support, brilliant attendances despite being at the lowest point in our history (Derby pulled in around 8k when thety were in the 3rd div). Yes there's been a fair few dissenting voices but that happens everywhere even at Derby despite what their spin machine might say.

I went to a Birmingham game two years ago when they won promotion back to the Premiership, Bruce got it in the ear for the whole game, the atmosphere was far more spiteful there than it's been at Forest.

I find the criticism of our fans very disappointing.
    Attendences mean nothing if you don't get behind the team.

At some of the games lasts Season there would have been a better (and most probably louder atmosphere) at Burton than some of the games at the CG. True at times the players didn't give us a lot to shout about but at times we were as bad as the players.

Your right there,fan's booing them off,Should be behind them when they go in at 0-0,we were not losing.

I was thinking more of Commons being singled out to be honest, I can't remember if that ever happened.

Good point about the general negativity at times though. No telling if he'll have less of that at Derby at this stage of course. I've not really been at other grounds enough to know whether some of the booing that went on at our place is that unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    Yes but we were winning plenty of games, comfortably in the top half of the table adn we still failed to get behind the team as much as we should have.
    I'm not disputing that, I just think that this idea that the Derby support was unwaving throughout last season is laughable.

Doesn't really matter if he jumped or was pushed, the fact is hes gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Nffc
    Doesn't really matter if he jumped or was pushed, the fact is hes gone now.
    Ture.

If he don't perform for Derby then they will soon be giving him stick especially considering he signed from us

Banned

I found myself shouting at Commons several times, something akin to ''Come you overpaid, over rated little bastard, little fat bastard ''

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    I found myself shouting at Commons several times, something akin to ''Come you overpaid, over rated little b*****d, little fat b*****d ''
    When I saw a lack of effort then he deserved every bit of stick he got. Most of the time though he was trying his hardest and still got stick, which will affect your confidence without a doubt.

The stick he got may have played a small part in his departure but it wouldn't have been the deciding factor at all.

As Patrick said, it doesn't really matter now as he is gone and we need to focus on who will replace him.