Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Paul Ince

Default Paul Ince

Just a question which I hope can be answered without this topic resorting to a tirade of Paul Ince is black jokes. If he had not had that run-in with Stuart Pearce all those years ago (which I can see why Ince had a problem with) would your view on him being the next manager be any different?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Paul Ince

I don't want any manager who has failed elsewhere. Why should we be content with cast offs when teams like Leeds can attract exciting young managers from this league.

I'd forgotten about the Pearce run in.

I think you will find that it's more because he is an arrogant, whinging, stuck up his own a**e, tosser!

My view has not changed since the day he paraded in a Utd shirt whilst still a West Ham Player......tosser.

Official Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro
    I think you will find that it's more because he is an arrogant, whinging, stuck up his own a**e, tosser!
    QFT

winnits

And, more importantly, a mardy ****.

what was his run in with pearce about~??

Rice IV

He's a cock.

Black, white, gren or pink. He's a cock.

Run in with Pearce or not, he's a cock.

Lots of people had run-ins with Pearce, they're not all cocks.

Talk to me, Goose.

Obviously no one likes him because of the way he played the game and acted, but was he labelled 'a mardy ****'by Forest fans because of his reaction to what Pearce said? I was too young to really care at the time.

winnits

Yeah, he had a tantrum at Pearce when we beat them 2-1 at Old Trafford in 94/95. I seem to recall Pearce said something regrettable to him which exacerbated the situation, which he proceeded to complain about and suggested it had a bearing on the result.

Hence he is, and shall henceforth always be known as, a mardy ****.

Not sure why Ince ever got the Blackburn job. He couldn't fail to succeed at MKDons and his work at Macclesfield, while excellent for the first few months was average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    He's a cock.

Black, white, gren or pink. He's a cock.

Run in with Pearce or not, he's a cock.

Lots of people had run-ins with Pearce, they're not all cocks.
    Lots of people have had ru-ins with Pearces cock?.
    Trust you to lower the standard of our debate rich.

Rice IV

He's a cock because he believed he should ba managing Inter Milan, but was ebign held back because of the colour of his skin.

He clearly only got the Blackburn job on the back of his moaning about a lack of balck managers.

Once he got it, he proved he was shit, and showed the world why he was managing in the 4th division.

You8 wouldn't pick a striker up from the 4th division and drop him into a Premiership club, why should it be any different for a manager?

On the basis that your senior club management seem to do the exact of what you lot want I am now going to go and stick a hundred quid on Ince being the new Forest manager

winnits

Jurssey, is a mardy ****! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    I don't want any manager who has failed elsewhere. Why should we be content with cast offs when teams like Leeds can attract exciting young managers from this league.
    I'm sorry but this is completely not the attitude to take.

Who is currently regarded as doing the best job this season in the Premiership?

Phil Brown.

What happened to him at Derby?

He failed big time.

The problem nowadays is that people are not allowed to fail, clubs and managers have to be the right fit and with a chairman to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    He's a cock because he believed he should ba managing Inter Milan, but was ebign held back because of the colour of his skin.

He clearly only got the Blackburn job on the back of his moaning about a lack of balck managers.

Once he got it, he proved he was shit, and showed the world why he was managing in the 4th division.

You8 wouldn't pick a striker up from the 4th division and drop him into a Premiership club, why should it be any different for a manager?
    I'm sorry Rich but that's complete and utter bollocks.

Ince - for all his moaning - took the VERY bottom job in club football to get into the game at Macclesfield. He galvanised them and performed a near miraculous recovery with the - the type that Keane supporters are pointing to with his taking over Sunderland.

He then got his chance at MK Dons - a slight step up the ladder. Again he took them on and a promtion and lower league silverware followed.

The Blackburn job could have gone to Sam Allardyce - he was interviewed for it but they took a chance with Ince. Ince however, did not come across as someone who could handle with being thrust from manmanaging relative 'pauper' footballers to multi-millionaires.

He should at a next step, have taken a job in the Championship, to improve his learning of management, to maybe endure a tough couple of months where grinding out results are more important than fancy football.

Ince for all his mardyness was nothing short of brilliant in his first two jobs.

I'd have him over the majority of the other out of work managers.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    Ince for all his mardyness was nothing short of brilliant in his first two jobs.

Precicely. I don't like the bloke but he can't be written off on the basis of Blackburn.

I dont reckon Ince or Keane are that decent managers you know, there are much better managers than those two outside of the Prem.

He did well. Why was it brilliant? Macc escaped by the skin of their teeth after an initial run had got them out of trouble, Ince lost the midas touch and they slipped back into the bottom two again. His resources at MKDons meant that anything less than second place at worst would have been failure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Neutral
    He did well. Why was it brilliant? Macc escaped by the skin of their teeth after an initial run had got them out of trouble, Ince lost the midas touch and they slipped back into the bottom two again. His resources at MKDons meant that anything less than second place at worst would have been failure.
    We have some of the best resources in the league - so if Ince is capable of using them then we're laughing.

If feel like putting a disclaimer in my signature, that I have no idea who I want as our manager yet.

He did well. Why was it brilliant? Macc escaped by the skin of their teeth after an initial run had got them out of trouble, Ince lost the midas touch and they slipped back into the bottom two again.
    That's irrelevant. He took over when they were bottom, had 5 points from 15 games, hadn't won a game all season and we're well adrift.

He kept them up, that in my book is a very good job well done.

His resources at MKDons meant that anything less than second place at worst would have been failure.

Yeh, they had decent resources but lets not forget he had to contend with selling off his best two strikers (Platt and Mcleod) and they still romped home (winning the Paint Cup as well). Besides, we have a lot of resources so we need a manager that can use them well.

He wouldn't be my choice but from the 'out of work' pool he's the most preferable, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MistleTutts and Wine
    I'm sorry but this is completely not the attitude to take.

Who is currently regarded as doing the best job this season in the Premiership?

Phil Brown.

What happened to him at Derby?

He failed big time.

There are exceptions to every rule but I don't want to see a manager who has proven elsewhere they don't have what it takes.

Ince has shown this at Blackburn.

Phil Brown is doing well at the moment but a time will come, probably next season, when Hull are bottom and he is sacked.

There are managers around who have done a good job at other clubs they have been at.

Brian Laws - took Scunthorpe up, kept Sheff Wed up,
    Nigel Clough - took Burton up to the conference, consolidated and took them ten points clear at the top of the conference.
    Pemberton - a risk because he is unproven but impressive at reserve level.
    Darren Ferguson - Promoted and consolidated.

There are cases when managers don't fit a certain club so it dosn't work out like Megson here and Clough at Leeds but bad managers keep getting chances and failing. I don't want one here.

If we took O'Neill when we had the chance rather than appointing Platt and Megson we would be in the premiership now. The same mistake must not happen again.

Daniel

No, no no.. Could it be any easier...

That's irrelevant. He took over when they were bottom, had 5 points from 15 games, hadn't won a game all season and we're well adrift.

He kept them up, that in my book is a very good job well done.

Yeh, they had decent resources but lets not forget he had to contend with selling off his best two strikers (Platt and Mcleod) and they still romped home (winning the Paint Cup as well). Besides, we have a lot of resources so we need a manager that can use them well.

He wouldn't be my choice but from the 'out of work' pool he's the most preferable, IMO.
    He took over at Macc in October of that season and they were seven points from safety, they actually went further adrift (11 points) before one very good run from about a month or so after he'd taken over, then slumped very badly until they escaped on the last day. He did ok, nothing more. The teams relegated that season were terrible.

Losing the strikers made little difference at MKDons as it only helped to provide even more money to build a very big squad that only Peterborough could compete with. They were functional and effective but were never, ever not going to get promoted.