Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Nahki Wells

Forum Tactician

Default Re: Nahki Wells

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    I’ve always liked two up front. Doesn’t take the brain of Britain to see that two lively forwards should tie up the opponents defence who will often have to pull back midfielders to help out, allowing our midfielders to dominate. But our manager doesn’t like this, preferring to see our fans on tenterhooks watching our defence fight off wave after wave of attacks.
    Just saying and patiently waiting for the barrage with tin hat on.
    Our midfield isnt capable of dominating, the movement & creative thinking is non existent. Little wonder Lamouchi doesnt want the ball, doesnt want opposition midfielders retreating, he wants to draw them forwards & bang them on the break.

Makes for uncomfortable viewing, but his options are limited with this group of players & the plans working too well to compromise.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

He's not interested in dominating possession. His Rennes team also averaged less than 50%.

Penetrating through balls, progressive runs beating defenders, and forward passes is what he wants from the team. He wants the team to take risks with the ball, because losing it isn't a problem.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Impressive member

Which is fine, but we need to make the breaks forward more dynamic by getting some speed and urgency into the squad. At times last week against Reading it was like watching walking football.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Which is fine, but we need to make the breaks forward more dynamic by getting some speed and urgency into the squad. At times last week against Reading it was like watching walking football.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    Sure, I said it's what he wants, not that we're the finished article. We can all see what needs to be improved, but the point was more that we aren't going to be a team who set out to dominate possession under Sabri.

Quote Originally Posted by WSM EXILE View Post
    I'm unsure SL dislikes the use of two strikers, from what I can understand from his past interviews on this subject, he has set up the way we play so far this season purely based on what players were made available to him and best suited the team at the moment.
    I'm pretty sure if he had two equally able strikers available to him he would be able to play in a different formation, I'm just suggesting SL isn't rigid in his team set up.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I think your point about availability of other players dictating the formation is unnecessary;
    the thread title is about a possible signing and my post is quite simply based upon what should happen if we are lucky enough to get Wells.
    Can we afford him?
    Will his fee be a problem for FFP?
    Will he make a difference?
    Especially the third point - if there are no real negatives, we should go for a player like this. But I'm not the Forest manager.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    I think your point about availability of other players dictating the formation is unnecessary;
    the thread title is about a possible signing and my post is quite simply based upon what should happen if we are lucky enough to get Wells.
    Can we afford him?
    Will his fee be a problem for FFP?
    Will he make a difference?
    Especially the third point - if there are no real negatives, we should go for a player like this. But I'm not the Forest manager.
    Please don't take it personally, all I was referring to was that Wells is a striker, it wasn't an unnecessary point what so ever, if we have 2 very good Championship class strikers available to pick from then why wouldn't the formation change? I'm not for one minute suggesting it will especially after this far into a very good season but gives SL the options he's not previously been allowed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bristol City close to sealing this deal.

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/stat...617140744?s=20

Welcome to him for the alleged £4/5m Burnley demanded.

They losing their captain and key midfielder Josh Brownhill for this deal.

Not that type of player

The usual pattern on Twitter. We are linked in the media with a player (a dozen players). When said player doesn't sign for Forest, it's all the club's fault for not showing enough ambition.

The notion that we might not have been seriously interested in the player, or he doesn't fit the wage structure, or he might not want to come here to watch Grabban whilst sat on the bench for 3 months doesn't compute.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The usual pattern on Twitter. We are linked in the media with a player (a dozen players). When said player doesn't sign for Forest, it's all the club's fault for not showing enough ambition.

The notion that we might not have been seriously interested in the player, or he doesn't fit the wage structure, or he might not want to come here to watch Grabban whilst sat on the bench for 3 months doesn't compute.
    Indeed Ravi. From what I've observed, that type of reaction isn't only restricted to Twitter; in fact, there's enough evidence closer to home.

Ridiculous isn't it? I swear some people think football players are just automatons at the whim of clubs who have the absolute power to sign anyone they want, and any failure to do so must mean a lack of "ambition" (whatever that is).

It never seems to occur to anyone that there are myriad factors involved in signing players; not least of which other clubs' interest, wages, or just the simple fact that xyz player might not want to play for Forest.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    Ridiculous isn't it? I swear some people think football players are just automatons at the whim of clubs who have the absolute power to sign anyone they want, and any failure to do so must mean a lack of "ambition" (whatever that is).

It never seems to occur to anyone that there are myriad factors involved in signing players; not least of which other clubs' interest, wages, or just the simple fact that xyz player might not want to play for Forest.
    How dare you bring realism into this. I'm with a certain poster on here who has convinced me that it's Mssrs Modesto and Anigo who are essentially responsible for our "failure" to land "stellar signings".

Genuinely didn't want him anyway, a decent player but didn't really see him as an alternative to Grabban or a potential partner. £4m for another striker that will be 30 soon is a risk too.

He'll do well at Bristol City though, they lack his type up front.

I've seen this to.

I would say known names and amount of money spent means more to some fans which is just stupid.

Fitting parts of the jigsaw is what matters to Forest most right now. Type of player, quality of player, attitude of player and at a reasonable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    Genuinely didn't want him anyway, a decent player but didn't really see him as an alternative to Grabban or a potential partner. £4m for another striker that will be 30 soon is a risk too.

He'll do well at Bristol City though, they lack his type up front.
    Sums it up for me, never really saw much of him to impress me.

Btw somebody's playing edit on Wikipedia:

Nahki Michael Wells (born 1 June 1990) is a Bermudian professional footballer who plays as a footballer for Championship club Bristol City and the Bermuda national team. Despite making 175 appearances for the Robins, Robbored refused to believe that the transfer was ever completed as it did not appear on the official site. The transfer created immense excitement in the City of Bristol and resulted in the mayor of Bristol Marvin Rees renaming an area of the City 'Hotwells' after Nakhi's goalscoring exploits and his love of spicy food