Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances

Default Attendances

Has anyone else noticed that our average gate is bigger than our erstwhile ovine bothering neighbours so far this season? I am considering whether or not to point this out to Terry Christian as it seems to matter a lot to him as a measure of club size.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by RossendaleRed View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that our average gate is bigger than our erstwhile ovine bothering neighbours so far this season? I am considering whether or not to point this out to Terry Christian as it seems to matter a lot to him as a measure of club size.
    Nooo? But dont they have more fans than us?

Quote Originally Posted by RossendaleRed View Post
    Our away attendances also seem to be up this season

It feels like we're up attendance wise, but I'm not arsed whether we get more than Derby or not. We already know there's plenty of idiots in the world.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Unlike Derby, and despite the fact it supports 2 of the 3 oldest professional clubs in the world, Nottingham evidently isn't a "football town" according to Terry Christian.

Their away attendances are getting better, and we're only doing better than them at the minute it seems, because the drop in attendances they had under Clough is still carrying on over a bit, but if they start doing well under McClaren they'll soon be up.

Terry Christian is a complete and utter bell end. With or without the footballing town comment.

Derby ave 23800

Forest ave 23779

However, our away support is currently more than double theirs.

winnits

That's par for the course away.

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    Derby ave 23800

Forest ave 23779
    Pointless comparing until the end of the season really, but to say they've already hosted Leeds, Wednesday and Leicester, you might expect them to be further ahead. They've already had three of their four biggest gates of the season and it's not even Christmas.

We got narrowly more than them over the course of last season, think it'll be the same this time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichaj of the Tiger View Post
    Pointless comparing until the end of the season really, but to say they've already hosted Leeds, Wednesday and Leicester, you might expect them to be further ahead. They've already had three of their four biggest gates of the season and it's not even Christmas.

We got narrowly more than them over the course of last season, think it'll be the same this time out.
    Last season

Derby ave 23228

Forest ave 23082

The Foam Hand

I've never doubted Derby have good home support, they've always been loyal. I dont want to detract from that in any petty way but in this instance, I will point out they have superior ST prices compared to us.
    They were charging around £250 to relocate in the South Stand, we were initially pricing the Lower Bridgford at £500. There is no comparison and in this economic climate any decent Football fan will snap up a ST at that price to watch Championship Football.

I know dozens of long term fans that wont go or simply cant afford to go to Forest due to the pricing. I fear it will get worse if we get in the Prem as well, any influx of fans will mostly be a new breed.

Traditionally we are evenly matched and there was a period in the 80's that Derby's away support was much better than ours.

Hello

Our attendance's will go up an up this year.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Who gives a fuck who has the greater attendance?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Abdoundy! View Post
    Leeds. Going by social media websites they would take 15k away every week, with 10k locked outside and Elland Road full of fans watching the game on a screen.

I wonder how many of our 800 or so London Reds manage to go to Forest home games? Check out our away following to Palace last season and Charlton this. Both night games weren't they?

Yes it should matter who has greater attendances - income stream - buys you players etc.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

But why are supporters bothered? Owners would like more fans to make more money but how many turn up doesn't bother me as I'm there to support Forest, even if I was the only one it'd be the same. Attendances aren't a barometer of success, look at Newcastle.

Over 23,947 v Burnley will take us above Dierby with both teams having played 8 home games. Simples COYR's

But why are supporters bothered? Owners would like more fans to make more money but how many turn up doesn't bother me as I'm there to support Forest, even if I was the only one it'd be the same. Attendances aren't a barometer of success, look at Newcastle.
    Our gangs bigger than your gang

There next game at the 'I-PRO STADIUM' is against Boro and the prices are as follows:

AA- £20
    A-£18
    B-£17.50
    C-£15
    D- £12.50
    E- £10
    Family stand - £12.50

No wonder there attendances are decent. If we had prices like that we'd sell out most games!

Exactly

Kids talk

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    I've never doubted Derby have good home support, they've always been loyal. I dont want to detract from that in any petty way but in this instance, I will point out they have superior ST prices compared to us.
    They were charging around £250 to relocate in the South Stand, we were initially pricing the Lower Bridgford at £500. There is no comparison and in this economic climate any decent Football fan will snap up a ST at that price to watch Championship Football.

I know dozens of long term fans that wont go or simply cant afford to go to Forest due to the pricing. I fear it will get worse if we get in the Prem as well, any influx of fans will mostly be a new breed.

Traditionally we are evenly matched and there was a period in the 80's that Derby's away support was much better than ours.
    This is the best point

At 500 a season I'd say they'd get 15k a week

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    Derby ave 23800

Forest ave 23779
    So basically the difference is the 21 members of the press that Billy won't let in!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    So basically the difference is the 21 members of the press that Billy won't let in!

Do the sheep still get a cup voucher in the season ticket?
    That would be nice