Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Default Getting away with murder

This kind of thing fascinates me. Not that hopefully I achieve it lol but instances of when all the evidence points one way and it goes the other just baffles me, especially when it get to court. Instances of major miscarriages of justice IMO are OJ Simpson IMO and more recently Casey Anthony.

The CA case is even more one sided IMO than the OJ case. She didn't report her 2 year old daughter missing for 31 days, said the nanny had taken her (who didn't exist) and then blamed it on a drowning and her dad covered it up, her car boot smelt of death (said her farther ex cop), traces of chloroform in boot, chloroform searched on home computer day before she went missing, borrowed a shovel off the next door neighbour on the day she went missing, park her car in the garage on the morning she went missing something she never did, story changed multiple time during her arrest and trial, continued her life while her daughter was missing, duck-tape across her mouth.

http://youtu.be/vNh3RbxU8vk

Videos a bit jumpy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

twitter.com/askyourbrief

Default Re: Getting away with murder

State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman.

My Mrs was obsessed with the Casey Anthony case. We were on holiday in Dom Rep at the time of the trial so there saw a lot of coverage on American TV channels. The verdict came as a bit of a shock to everyone I think.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    This kind of thing fascinates me. Not that hopefully I achieve it lol but instances of when all the evidence points one way and it goes the other just baffles me, especially when it get to court. Instances of major miscarriages of justice IMO are OJ Simpson IMO and more recently Casey Anthony. The CA case is even more one sided IMO than the OJ case. She didn't report her 2 year old daughter missing for 31 days, said the nanny had taken her (who didn't exist) and then blamed it on a drowning and her dad covered it up, her car boot smelt of death (said her farther ex cop), traces of chloroform in boot, chloroform searched on home computer day before she went missing, borrowed a shovel off the next door neighbour on the day she went missing, park her car in the garage on the morning she went missing something she never did, story changed multiple time during her arrest and trial, continued her life while her daughter was missing, duck-tape across her mouth. http://youtu.be/vNh3RbxU8vk Videos a bit jumpy
    They presented jars with the 'smell of death' taken from the boot.

The problem was that the trial was rushed through as they bowed to public pressure. Guilty as hell, no time to build a case, and now can't be retried.

Talk to me, Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They presented jars with the 'smell of death' taken from the boot.

The problem was that the trial was rushed through as they bowed to public pressure. Guilty as hell, no time to build a case, and now can't be retried.
    She was on remand for 2 years wasn't she. Plenty of time.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post
    She was on remand for 2 years wasn't she. Plenty of time.
    Not sure, just remember reading the case was rushed.

Rice IV

My mistake, was because of the charge they went for. Knew it was something to do with the pressure from the public.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...61-504083.html

You'd probably like the Zodiac film. Interesting and disturbing in equal measure

Views of the judge 2 years after

Guilty

http://youtu.be/OfO80FGzCi0