Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The players...

Default The players...

I hope a number of our players take a good look at themselves and realise they have played a huge part in a promising young manager and good man losing his job. This club needs big changes and i hope any new manager has the guts and foresight to implement them...

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The players...

brilliant post

The focus, this evening, will most certainly be on the departure of Colin Calderwood from Nottingham Forest but let's not forget also that some responsibility must also be at the calling of our squad.

I shivered through all 90 minutes of that pathetic example how a team in the bottom three should not perform. There were occasional moments where we showed some desire for the ball but these were far outweighed by many more examples of how poor we are on the ball, how we couldn't hold possession or pass or tackle or provide any kind of run together against the team at the bottom on the League.

The worst performance I've seen this season and not surprising that this is the one that finally lead to Colin's demise.

We may well have evicted the manager yet we've still got a lot of problems to address and we have two days to do it!!!!

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

redredwine

I agree the players were useless today. Doncaster looked like Brazil compared to our lot. For all CC's fault's the players let him down today.

Rice # 42

Quote Originally Posted by redredwine
    I agree the players were useless today. Doncaster looked like Brazil compared to our lot. For all CC's fault's the players let him down today.
    And to be fair, they were no good.

Rice 21

Yes, a majority of the players were awful today. Lewis McGugan is the main example in my opinion, he was dreadful. Never ran at a pace of more than a gentle jog, didnt look arsed when he lost the ball and watched possible interceptions just roll past him. He needs to take a long hard look at himself and ask what the hell he was doing out there today.

Lynch, again was abysmal. Cohen - who himself didnt have the best of games - had to try and rectify his mistakes on a number of occasions.

Why Anderson was taken off is beyond me.

Moloney was the only player out there who played well and looked positive. He constantly ran forward and looked for opportunities to move the ball forward.

Tyson did well when he came on and deserves to start more often. Earnie and Garner didn't have much opportunity to shine with the crap they were being fed.

However, yes the players collectivly played like rank amateurs, but at the end of the day, Calderwood committed a cardinal sin: he changed a winning side and allowed an over-confident mentality to run through the team. The work was not done last week, in this position we need to play week in week out and the manager has to do a number of things in order to keep the players at the tops of their game and wanting to play football. Colin has failed this season because we have not had back to back wins and squander chances to get out of the relegation zone.

We need a manager who can the best out of, let's not deny it, a team of talented individuals.

Harsh on McGugan, he is clearly not match fit but yet again was rushed back into action.

I belong to nobody!!!

CC made a rod for his own back by not strengthening in key areas when they clearly needed it.

It has ultimately led to it costing him his job.

Rice 21

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Red
    Harsh on McGugan, he is clearly not match fit but yet again was rushed back into action.
    There's a difference between not being match fit and just not giving a shit though. Maybe he's not match fit, but it still doesn't excuse the nonchalant approach he had to this game and his club today. I'm being harsh on him because I'm just as disappointed as everyone else and McGugan is generally one of the players who we can rely on to perform and today he let himself down massively

The defence had something like the second best in all the divisions last year as far as goals conceded is concerned... they deserved their crack at the championship. Ultimately they flopped... as too often with forest players they couldnt cope with either the pressure or the gulf in class. I dont think we can wholely blame calderwood for not strengthening there... his biggest need was to find players to score goals... which on paper he addressed with the signings he made. I was over the moon with the signings of garner, earnie and cole. Unfortunately they havent yet come off.

Personally I don't need to see fantastic football but at least some desire should be shown. I didn't think Donnie were that special today, it was all down to their willingness to work and our own lack of effort. I thought only Cohen, Tyson and Moloney could come out of that game with any real pride.

Some players need a good kick up the arse sometimes. Like Earnshaw, a very experience goalscorer in this division, but today he was playing like Scott Dobie.
    Some of the players today did well, Like Moloney & When Tyson came on.
    Unfortunately modern society see's many footballer are just at the Club for the money and show no passion.

This is what CC Should of done at Half time!

Just shouldnt be the case with the players here... They seemed to live colin and i hope they seriously look at themselves for the role they've played in him losing his job. He made errors and strange decisions but at the end of the day in a number of games we were that fraction off a win... often due to a sloppy goal down to an individual error, some sloppy play etc. Happened far too often this season to be in any way forgivable. Its not been picking up points in games like that the make the games like today sackable offences. Nobody expects to win every game in a season but you need to make the most of the ones you deserve too.

Last season these were the most organised out of all who we faced. Swansea were good but not as good as these. We need to learn how to mix it a bit more. Long passes and sweeping balls mean nothing without an end product.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    Brown applied here, we appointed CC instead.

Mc Gugan didn't want it at all fucking disgrace as we know he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988
    Mc Gugan didn't want it at all f**king disgrace as we know he can do it.
    Easy tiger... He's just about coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy
    Brown applied here, we appointed CC instead.
    But he was awful at Derby even worse than Billy Davies, a man a lot of fans don't want here at trentside.

As i've said elsewhere davies is such a tough one. His record speaks for itself, similar calibre of clubs to us in a similar mess and propelled them both up the table. His style of football isnt what i'd ideally like but i dont think we can afford to either think too far ahead or be too picky on style of play when we've just sacked a manager solely for his poor results. Its results that count.

However, all the mumblings around after he leaves clubs really are a worry. I just wish i knew where rumour and unnecessary bad mouthing ended and the truth started on that as another gary megson is the last thing we need at this club.

The players indeed let the manager down today but I wonder whether CC was ever tough enough with them even when they were playing poorly.

On being interviewed on numerous occassions after poor performances he only talked of positives and didn't criticise players.

Now I know he's not going to openly criticise individuals to the media, and not many modern day managers have the ability to know when to put an arm round a player and when to kick a player up the arse. I'm afraid Colin only knew how to do the former and it cost him his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Red or Dead
    Easy tiger... He's just about coming back.
    When i go back to work on 5th Jan and i cock up hanging a door (i'm a joiner) i will say to my forman "sorry Mate i'm just coming back off my holidays" Mc Gugan should be man enough to say sorry gaffer i'm not fit to play etc.If i was injured i'd be honest and i would certainly put more effort it.

From what you hear and see from the public face colins man management was top notch. Possibly, as you say, too good and he needed to know when to show some tough love, but i dont think that was his problem. Indeed im finding it hard to say what his problem was as our manager... i guess sometimes things dont work out, and our results certainly looked that way.

oopsy daisy!

When are some of you going to realise that some (not all) of the players are not good enough for this level of football?

I entirely agree with you mate. I dont think we're far off having a good team, but those one or two players make all the difference, we're attempting to carry a couple and they're lack of quality and mistakes is showing us up on a gamely basis... and the less said about squad depth the better.

Victor Meldrew

We all wanted Forest to win today. The final resut was a total shame to everyone at the club. I am unconvinced that selling Calderwood was the right move. Is Pannetone Italian for shit Christmas cake?