Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Default 33 and 8 years ago today..........(yesterday - 24th)

33 Years ago on the 24th October 1980 I marries my Dear Wife. It was a Friday and we went on Honeymoon for 4 days to Norfolk (Forest happened to be playing at Norwich on the 25th and I was doing the 92 League Grounds at the time....seemed too good an opportunity to miss ?). We drew 1-1. Robertson scored I believe.

25 years later on the 24th October 2005 we went to Somerset for the weekend to celebrate out Silver Wedding Anniversary (Forest happened to be playing Yeovil - who were not in the league in the 80's, so a visit to Huish Park seemed emminently sensible ?). We lost a League One game 3-0. Yes it was the famous day fans were invited into the dressing room at half time to give the team a dressing down....Commons got injured early in the game and was out for weeks and gareth taylor got sent off.

This weekend we are away to Yeovil again....8 years since our weekend to celebrate our Silver Wedding. There was a spread on us in the NEP which I have framed and which sits proudly over the white phone in the upstairs bathroom.....only place I was allowed to put it !! Are we going this weekend to keep up the tradition....?? No cos we couldn't get tickets and she wasn't impressed at the suggestion anyway for some strange reason that only a woman could understand.

Role on 24th October 2020 (our 40th Anniversary - Ruby isn't it ?).....when we will undoubtedly be away and a romantic weekend away to celebrate would be just what the Doctor ordered I feel. I assume you all agree so I can tell her what a great idea it is and how much you all think that this would be the only reasonable thing to do........

Anyone know any exotic locations in Manchester or Liverpool ? (wishful thinking me thinks).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gimp

Saturday is my birthday. Feel free to celebrate that instead

Better Call Saul!

Default Re: 33 and 8 years ago today..........(yesterday - 24th)

Manchester/Liverpool - God, you're swish! Go to pip's birthday - I'll be there too...watching through the window.

Taking Mrs S to Woevil.
    Didn't apply for Forest Tickets in time so have just convinced the Woevil ticket lady we are nuetrals doing the... wait for it... 92 league grounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Taking Mrs S to Woevil.
    Didn't apply for Forest Tickets in time so have just convinced the Woevil ticket lady we are nuetrals doing the... wait for it... 92 league grounds!
    Lol - Nice one Cappun !

I thought the fans got invited in to the dressing room for the Chester game?