Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Jamie Patterson as striker?

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Now this is probably getting desperate, but is it worth considering? He played there for Walsall a few times, he's pacey and can finish (in league 1 anyway)


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,716

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Only 1 T in Paterson please.
    Him playing off Henderson may be a decent partnership.
    God knows we have tried every other combination other than Darlow and Etimov up front with De Vries in goal...


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,670

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Sorry hadn't realised there was already a thread on this (and that one manages to spell his name right!), merge please (or better yet just delete this)


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,564

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Too light weight, winger or behind the striker only.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wokingham/London
    Posts
    7,475

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    No


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Go Pattingson!


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,011

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    J-pats


  9. #8

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Too light weight, winger or behind the striker only.
    That's what even Brian Clough thought about Woodcock basically and he admitted he was wrong.

    I never really bought into a player being too lightweight though (and I say that at 16 stone now although I've been less lol). Fouls aren't allowed in football and though yeah at times a strong player can withstand challenges and come away with the ball it's just not that important IMO. More important is skill and what a player can do with the ball I honestly believe. Pace is also more of an asset than strength I'd tend to say. Maybe I'm out of touch with others views though I dunno.


  10. #9
    Looking Hairy
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    I'd definitely try this. He looks to have superb finishing and he's got the pace we badly need.


  11. #10

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Too light weight, winger or behind the striker only.
    Although behind the striker is not that different to what I thought when I started my thread (and what the OP of this one intended too I guess) i.e one striker and one free roamer or at least two forwards who are not expected to stay up front and win the long balls (which I don't want us to play anyway). We'd need to play pure football but that's exactly what I want us to do.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,602

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Nahki Wells is doing alright and he's pretty lightweight


  13. #12

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    I was talking to a Walsall fan on Twitter, who said that Paterson has played up front for them but not really done that well.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,373

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Nahki Wells is doing alright and he's pretty lightweight
    Michael Owen did alright too when he first came on the scene. And Javier Hernandez. Lionel Messi only weighs 10.5 stone.

    If you've got ball control and the pace to trouble defenders, you can be as light as a feather, it doesn't matter.


  15. #14

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    That's what even Brian Clough thought about Woodcock basically and he admitted he was wrong.

    I never really bought into a player being too lightweight though (and I say that at 16 stone now although I've been less lol). Fouls aren't allowed in football and though yeah at times a strong player can withstand challenges and come away with the ball it's just not that important IMO. More important is skill and what a player can do with the ball I honestly believe. Pace is also more of an asset than strength I'd tend to say. Maybe I'm out of touch with others views though I dunno.
    I suspect that there are a few refs out there these days that would award a foul against the striker if the player holding onto their shirt over balanced and fell over!


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,075

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    I feel sorry for him. He's got the talent but I feel He won't get a chance of a run in the team. I hope I'm wrong, as his attitude is great and there's no doubting he has something to offer.

    I also think he's too small for cf but out wide and cutting in - yes!

    Name me one top cf who's as skinny..?


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post
    I feel sorry for him. He's got the talent but I feel He won't get a chance of a run in the team. I hope I'm wrong, as his attitude is great and there's no doubting he has something to offer.

    I also think he's too small for cf but out wide and cutting in - yes!

    Name me one top cf who's as skinny..?
    Peter Crouch


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,075

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Peter Crouch
    "Ding...ding...ding.... Siren... Whoooo" QI siren
    Wrong answer. Peter crouch is way taller and is able to use his leverage to overcome his skinniness

    Michael Owen is small but quite stocky.


  19. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,271

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post
    I feel sorry for him. He's got the talent but I feel He won't get a chance of a run in the team. I hope I'm wrong, as his attitude is great and there's no doubting he has something to offer.

    I also think he's too small for cf but out wide and cutting in - yes!

    Name me one top cf who's as skinny..?
    Hernandez


  20. #19
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,373

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    And Owen wasn't stocky when he broke through.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Neymar is fairly light...


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    12,998

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post
    "Ding...ding...ding.... Siren... Whoooo" QI siren
    Wrong answer. Peter crouch is way taller and is able to use his leverage to overcome his skinniness

    Michael Owen is small but quite stocky.
    Crouchie could hide behind a beanpole. He is a skinny cf.

    Michael Owen, stocky? Nah.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,373

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Michael Owen's put on a little weight in retirement but he was always slender when he was playing.

    Last time I heard he was in training to become a full-time jockey.


  24. #23
    Better Call Saul!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cooking
    Posts
    7,567

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Sorry hadn't realised there was already a thread on this (and that one manages to spell his name right!), merge please (or better yet just delete this)



  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,537

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    He definitely has the mind set to attack


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,075

    Default Re: Jamie Patterson as striker?

    Get him on the Reidy diet


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •