Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Too little too late?

Default Too little too late?

With January transfer window opening very soon, how will our new manager have the chance to target the required players? Clubs should prepare for the window months in advance, we are now down to 5 days.

Furthermore, if reports were to be believed we had the possibility of bringing Big Sam into the frame not so long ago. Why have we let him walk into the Blackburn job if the board were thinking about sacking Calderwood on the back of a poor defeat?

We've all been stating we need change, but this is the worst time to bring it about. So it has to be a man manager. Curbishley or Davies?

Similar Threads:
    .k I m
    I m u mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Too little too late?

Davies, by reputation, is one of the worst man managers in football... unfortunately his results speak for themselves

Victor Meldrew

Roy Keane.
    We want Roy Keane.

winnits

Too many bloody threads :P Not targeting this one especially, just the latest one I clicked.

Victor Meldrew

Roy Keane.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnits I
    Too many bloody threads :P Not targeting this one especially, just the latest one I clicked.
    They're all on Calderwood. This one is questioning the boards decision or lack of one weeks ago.

Too many b****y threads :P Not targeting this one especially, just the latest one I clicked.

You have a lot of work on your hands during the next 24 hours

I absolutley guarentee that in about 2 or 3 hours time, someone (most likely a newer member) will start a new thread simply entitled "Calderwood sacked" as if we don't already know. It happens everytime some big event like a sacking, or a new signing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli
    Roy Keane.
    I second that

Senior Mass Debater

QUESTION:
    Was CC's sacking because of today's inept performance? OR was today's inept performance because CC was being sacked anyway?
    I suspect that the club had someone already lined up even before the Soton game and that person already has his ducks in a row regarding the transfer window.
    As for who it is? Fooknose!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by #RobbieLe8675309
    With January transfer window opening very soon, how will our new manager have the chance to target the required players? Clubs should prepare for the window months in advance, we are now down to 5 days.
    David Pleat.

Rice 21

Quote Originally Posted by Joburgred
    QUESTION:
    Was CC's sacking because of today's inept performance? OR was today's inept performance because CC was being sacked anyway?
    I suspect that the club had someone already lined up even before the Soton game and that person already has his ducks in a row regarding the transfer window.
    As for who it is? Fooknose!!!!
    Good point, was the Soton win just yet another stay of execution for CC and today the final nail in a nail filled coffin?!

As for the transfer window, we only need a new left back and CB. I would like to see Perch tried at CB more often though. Beside the point!

A new manager will more than likely be appointed not just for his man management and tactical capabilities, but, as it is so close to the transfer window, will probably also be asked by the board who he intends to buy, given the opportunity?

I'm not of the opinion this is a bad time for a change around and I wouldn't be surprised if any dealings in the market are left towards the back end of the window while a new manager tries his own motivational, tactical and man management techniques with the team. They can play, we have all seen that, and perhaps they just need a new formula to help them play well and play well consistently.