Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1645
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    10,070

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I quite like The Mothman Prophecies... not sure if they qualify for this thread.
    Film or book? They were very different.

    If you haven't read the book you should do so.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    10,070

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    My theory is that governments actively promote these daft theories to keep our attention of the nasty shit that is really happening.




  4. #53

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    I don't know about promoting, per se, but Chomsky has always said that the Bush administration remained tight lipped on the "truther" movement - which let's face it, ought to have appalled them - as it made for a handy diversion from the greatly more sinister reality of the Patriot Act, etc.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,636

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Giza pyramids and the speed of light. There are lots of other incredible mathematical discoveries relating to these pyramids too - the distance from the earth to the sun, the circumference of the earth etc. Dig a little deeper if you're interested.
    I've actually now "dug a little deeper" and been on Google earth and done this (sad bastard that I am) and I call phooey.

    Google Earth only goes to 6 decimal places on Long/Lat (I suppose he could be using the pro version) and anyway, at the equator 1 degree is equal to 111320m, so 0.0000001 of a degree would be round about a centimetre. How can he judge the centre of the grand gallery from an external view of the Pyramid to an accuracy of 1cm. What he is actually saying is some random point on the pyramid, which may or may not align with the centre of the Grand Gallery is the same as the speed of light. Of course, this will apply to any building that just happens to be situated 29 degrees 58 minutes or so above the equator.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,636

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Fact 1: Mean Distance to Sun: The height of the pyramid times 10^9 represents the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun, or Astronomical Unit (AU). [5,813.235565376 Pyramid Inches x 10^9 = 91,848,816.9 miles]

    Fact 2: Aligned True North: The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was exactly aligned at one time.

    Fact 3: Equatorial Circumference of the Earth: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The perimeter of the base * 43,200 = 24,734.94 miles, which is within 170 miles of the equatorial circumference of the earth.

    Fact 4: Earth's Polar Radius: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The height * 43200 = 3,938.685 miles, which is the polar radius of the earth to within 11 mi.

    Fact 5: Earth's Volume: The product of the pyramid's volume and density times 10^15 equals the ratio of volume to density of the earth. [10,339,823.3 cubic cubits * 0.4078994 * 10^15 = 4.21760772 x 10^21 cubic cubits = 259.93 x 10^9 cubic miles]

    Fact 6: The Light Equation: The height of the Great Pyramid, minus the height of the capstone represents one millionth the time it takes light to travel the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun (1 astronomical unit) using 1 Pyramid Inch equals 24 hours (mean solar day). [(5,813.2355653 - 103.0369176) /
    10^6 = .0057101986+ days = 493.36116 seconds = 8 minutes, 13.36 seconds]

    Fact 7: The Sun's Parallax: The size of the earth as viewed from the Sun and expressed as an angle and generally taken to be 1/2 the diameter at the equator (Solar Equatorial Parallax) is 8.9008091 seconds of arc using 91848,817 miles as the mean distance to the sun and 3,963.4914 miles as the equatorial radius. The distance between the mean socket level and the height of the levelled bedrock is 8.9008 Pyramid Inches.

    Coincidence?
    Possibly not, but I am not talking about them-you introduced them, not I. I am only interested in the one in the video, which is absolute rubbish. What have all these other statistics got to do with the one quoted?

    Last edited by virgo; 24-10-13 at 20:58.

  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,336

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Genoa


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,604

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by virgo View Post
    Possibly not, but I am not talking about them-you introduced them, not I. I am only interested in the one in the video, which is absolute rubbish. What have all these other statistics got to do with the one quoted?
    Ok, fair enough. You have a point regarding the original video. Forget about that if you like. Don't you find these further mathematical findings a little startling?


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,636

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Fact 1: Mean Distance to Sun: The height of the pyramid times 10^9 represents the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun, or Astronomical Unit (AU). [5,813.235565376 Pyramid Inches x 10^9 = 91,848,816.9 miles]

    Fact 2: Aligned True North: The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was exactly aligned at one time.
    When?
    Fact 3: Equatorial Circumference of the Earth: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The perimeter of the base * 43,200 = 24,734.94 miles, which is within 170 miles of the equatorial circumference of the earth.
    So it is inaccurate by 170 miles, so , in fact, it is not accurate at all, and is just a random statistic.

    Fact 4: Earth's Polar Radius: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The height * 43200 = 3,938.685 miles, which is the polar radius of the earth to within 11 mi.
    So it is not accurate again.

    Fact 5: Earth's Volume: The product of the pyramid's volume and density times 10^15 equals the ratio of volume to density of the earth. [10,339,823.3 cubic cubits * 0.4078994 * 10^15 = 4.21760772 x 10^21 cubic cubits = 259.93 x 10^9 cubic miles]
    How big is a cubit? Does the same apply if you use feet and inches, or metres?

    Fact 6: The Light Equation: The height of the Great Pyramid, minus the height of the capstone represents one millionth the time it takes light to travel the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun (1 astronomical unit) using 1 Pyramid Inch equals 24 hours (mean solar day). [(5,813.2355653 - 103.0369176) /
    10^6 = .0057101986+ days = 493.36116 seconds = 8 minutes, 13.36 seconds]
    Where in the instruction book does it say that you have to remove the capstone for this equation to work?. And what the bloody hell is a "Pyramid inch". Does the equation work in different values (SI units, Feet and inches?)or does some mythical unit (i.e. the pyramid inch) have to be introduced to make the equations work.

    Fact 7: The Sun's Parallax: The size of the earth as viewed from the Sun and expressed as an angle and generally taken to be 1/2 the diameter at the equator (Solar Equatorial Parallax) is 8.9008091 seconds of arc using 91848,817 miles as the mean distance to the sun and 3,963.4914 miles as the equatorial radius. The distance between the mean socket level and the height of the levelled bedrock is 8.9008 Pyramid Inches.
    And?

    How many other buildings on Earth can have similar equations applied to them. I bet I could invent "The Nottingham inch" and then work out an equation that would mean that Nottingham castle is in proportion to the third moon of Saturn.

    Coincidence?



  10. #59
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Tropix,

    I've been listening to a few songs in 432hz and I'm not sure if it really is making a difference to me. I think I can hear a difference, and I do think the sound is clearer. However, that might be because I'm listening harder for different sounds and automatically coming to that conclusion. Sort of forcing the issue because I want it to sound better, if you will.

    I'm going to keep at it though, maybe listen to 432hz for so long that switching back will sound horrible as my ears have gotten used to the more natural sound.

    Thanks for bringing the issue to attention though, as I'd never heard of it before and I'm enjoying the exploration! Sod the Nazi conspiracy theory, it's the less interesting side of it.

    "Charlie don't surf for his hamburger momma!!"

  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,604

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Take it or leave it. I certainly don't take it as gospel but I'm open to the possibility that there is something extraordinary about it. These sorts of numbers are only interesting when paired with the other mysteries surrounding the Giza pyramids - how they were built etc.

    I found this video interesting also. I'm sure you won't give a shit, and that's fine. I'm not sure what a 'period of light' entails, but again, I'm open to the possibility of it all.




  12. #61

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Fact 1: Mean Distance to Sun: The height of the pyramid times 10^9 represents the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun, or Astronomical Unit (AU). [5,813.235565376 Pyramid Inches x 10^9 = 91,848,816.9 miles]

    Fact 2: Aligned True North: The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was exactly aligned at one time.

    Fact 3: Equatorial Circumference of the Earth: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The perimeter of the base * 43,200 = 24,734.94 miles, which is within 170 miles of the equatorial circumference of the earth.

    Fact 4: Earth's Polar Radius: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The height * 43200 = 3,938.685 miles, which is the polar radius of the earth to within 11 mi.

    Fact 5: Earth's Volume: The product of the pyramid's volume and density times 10^15 equals the ratio of volume to density of the earth. [10,339,823.3 cubic cubits * 0.4078994 * 10^15 = 4.21760772 x 10^21 cubic cubits = 259.93 x 10^9 cubic miles]

    Fact 6: The Light Equation: The height of the Great Pyramid, minus the height of the capstone represents one millionth the time it takes light to travel the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun (1 astronomical unit) using 1 Pyramid Inch equals 24 hours (mean solar day). [(5,813.2355653 - 103.0369176) /
    10^6 = .0057101986+ days = 493.36116 seconds = 8 minutes, 13.36 seconds]

    Fact 7: The Sun's Parallax: The size of the earth as viewed from the Sun and expressed as an angle and generally taken to be 1/2 the diameter at the equator (Solar Equatorial Parallax) is 8.9008091 seconds of arc using 91848,817 miles as the mean distance to the sun and 3,963.4914 miles as the equatorial radius. The distance between the mean socket level and the height of the levelled bedrock is 8.9008 Pyramid Inches.

    Coincidence?
    tm;du.

    (Too mathematical; didn't understand.)


  13. #62
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    44,542

    Default

    You can prove anything with facts.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,604

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post
    Tropix,

    I've been listening to a few songs in 432hz and I'm not sure if it really is making a difference to me. I think I can hear a difference, and I do think the sound is clearer. However, that might be because I'm listening harder for different sounds and automatically coming to that conclusion. Sort of forcing the issue because I want it to sound better, if you will.

    I'm going to keep at it though, maybe listen to 432hz for so long that switching back will sound horrible as my ears have gotten used to the more natural sound.

    Thanks for bringing the issue to attention though, as I'd never heard of it before and I'm enjoying the exploration! Sod the Nazi conspiracy theory, it's the less interesting side of it.
    It's an interesting one mate. At first I felt the same as you and it felt like I was trying to convince myself that it sounded better. It felt natural after a while though. It's tough to explain but each note feels clear, like you say, or clean.

    'Imagine' is a good example. The piano at 432hz feels good:



    The regular version still sounds pretty good but something doesn't resonate. It's weird as hell and tough to describe.




  15. #64
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    It's an interesting one mate. At first I felt the same as you and it felt like I was trying to convince myself that it sounded better. It felt natural after a while though. It's tough to explain but each note feels clear, like you say, or clean.

    'Imagine' is a good example. The piano at 432hz feels good:


    The regular version still sounds pretty good but something doesn't resonate. It's weird as hell and tough to describe.
    Listening to the first 20 seconds or so of each right after one another to compare, the second one sounds horrible


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,654

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    I listened to the first bar of each and 432 has a seemingly warmer timbre to it.


  17. #66

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    440hz vs 432hz. Go onto youtube and put in 432hz. Listen to some stuff with headphones on.

    I liked that. Thanks for sharing. It would have been more fun if they had put the tones in from Close Encounters of the third Kind at the end.


  18. #67

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post
    Listening to the first 20 seconds or so of each right after one another to compare, the second one sounds horrible
    Try listening to them both at the same time, it's lovely.

    I do suspect, however, that the 440hz version is actually a bit ropey because it was probably recorded directly from an old edition of Top of the Pops on VHS. It's a few seconds longer too, which means either the 432hz is sped up or more likely the 440hz one has slowed down in the process of being transferred to digital format, which would explain why it sounds more like a badly tuned C minor rather than a lovely warm C major.


  19. #68
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Back on to astronomical calculations I've got a book about that somewhere which seemed convincing many years ago when I last read it.

    It involved sacred rods

    Our own megalithic monuments share similar traits.


  20. #69
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    50,101

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    What about the secret colonies on the moon and in the south pole, as well as the death rays...

    I find the secret missions by the Russians when the space race was on where they lost cosmonauts in space and they could be heard by Italian radio screaming for help interesting and intriguing.


  21. #70
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Try listening to them both at the same time, it's lovely.

    I do suspect, however, that the 440hz version is actually a bit ropey because it was probably recorded directly from an old edition of Top of the Pops on VHS. It's a few seconds longer too, which means either the 432hz is sped up or more likely the 440hz one has slowed down in the process of being transferred to digital format, which would explain why it sounds more like a badly tuned C minor rather than a lovely warm C major.
    I must admit it's hard to really get a "true reading" when using YouTube, which I've been doing, due to different video qualities.

    I think I'll try converting a few songs using Audacity over the weekend.


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beeston
    Posts
    16,012

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by No 5 Terry Wilson View Post
    What about the secret colonies on the moon and in the south pole, as well as the death rays...

    I find the secret missions by the Russians when the space race was on where they lost cosmonauts in space and they could be heard by Italian radio screaming for help interesting and intriguing.
    Sorry, what?


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,604

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Here's another one that caught my eye - a bloke called Stan Meyers invented a water fuel cell which could run a car. The government took an interest but he died suddenly under 'mysterious circumstances'. Free energy for your car doesn't sound too good to those running the oil industry.




  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,636

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Take it or leave it. I certainly don't take it as gospel but I'm open to the possibility that there is something extraordinary about it. These sorts of numbers are only interesting when paired with the other mysteries surrounding the Giza pyramids - how they were built etc.

    I found this video interesting also. I'm sure you won't give a shit, and that's fine. I'm not sure what a 'period of light' entails, but again, I'm open to the possibility of it all.
    Who says I don't give a shit. I just think all the mathematical stuff you posted is certainly up for debate, and is absolutely meaningless anyway-because what does it tell us about the Pyramids?

    I prefer more down-to -earth facts, like the Pyramids at Giza are the only ones that have an angle of 52 degrees. Why is this important? Because it is only at this angle that the mathematical pi factor comes in to play, as only at this angle that the height to circumference of the base is in the exact ratio as a radius/circumference of a circle. This means that the Builders must have had a knowledge of Pi (and , indeed a knowledge of phi, or "the Golden Section). Now these are facts-hard facts that can be obtained by using yards, metres, fairy steps and giant strides, or any method of measurement you require, because they are ratios. They do not require the introduction of a mythical unit to make them work.


  25. #74
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    16,604

    Default Re: The official conspiracy theory thread

    Quote Originally Posted by virgo View Post
    Who says I don't give a shit. I just think all the mathematical stuff you posted is certainly up for debate, and is absolutely meaningless anyway-because what does it tell us about the Pyramids?

    I prefer more down-to -earth facts, like the Pyramids at Giza are the only ones that have an angle of 52 degrees. Why is this important? Because it is only at this angle that the mathematical pi factor comes in to play, as only at this angle that the height to circumference of the base is in the exact ratio as a radius/circumference of a circle. This means that the Builders must have had a knowledge of Pi (and , indeed a knowledge of phi, or "the Golden Section). Now these are facts-hard facts that can be obtained by using yards, metres, fairy steps and giant strides, or any method of measurement you require, because they are ratios. They do not require the introduction of a mythical unit to make them work.
    There is some information on the 'pyramid inch' here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_inch


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •