Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 247

Thread: The 11 point watch

      
  1. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,209

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Brighton have managed what derby couldn't do in 38 games and gain 12 points in only 10 games.

    Palace still the only team that genuinely might break or match their record this season.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    12,058

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Plenty of time for Palace to get enough points to assure the Sheep keep their record, even if they do get relegated.


  4. #178
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,294

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    When you really think about it, then the record will never be breached.

    It's a truly extraordinary record to hold, my god... it's eyewateringly excruciating.


  5. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    4,264

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    When you really think about it, then the record will never be breached.

    It's a truly extraordinary record to hold, my god... it's eyewateringly excruciating.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.


  6. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    york
    Posts
    501

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Nice to see Palace pick up 3 points today to edge closer to 11 points - all should be there by Christmas as usual derby must have been really sh*t


  7. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,217

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    Nice to see Palace pick up 3 points today to edge closer to 11 points - all should be there by Christmas as usual derby must have been really sh*t
    Even Dolly Savage acknowledges that Derby were really crap that season.


  8. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    4,264

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Well that's my interest in the Premier League nearly over for another year.


  9. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,475

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    What’s the closest anybody has been to 11 points?


  10. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22,249

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    What’s the closest anybody has been to 11 points?
    Derby, they got it bang on.


  11. #185

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    What’s the closest anybody has been to 11 points?
    Sunderland have had a few cracks at it:

    http://www.90min.com/posts/5050741-s...league-history

    Forest were on 21 with three games left and already relegated in 99, but we've actually been on a three game Premier League winning streak for twenty years.


  12. #186
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,294

    Default Re: The 11 point watch




  13. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,729

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Well that's my interest in the Premier League nearly over for another year.
    There are lots of other Premier League records to keep an eye on, such as:

    Fewest wins in a season: 1. Derby County
    Fewest home wins in a season : 1. Derby County
    Fewest away wins in a season : 0. Derby County
    Most consecutive games without a win: 32. Derby County
    Fewest goals scored in a season: 20. Derby County
    Most goals conceded in a season: 89. Derby County
    Most goals conceded at home in a season: 43 . Derby County
    Fewest goals scored away in a season: 8. Derby County


  14. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    4,264

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Derby, they got it bang on.



  15. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,692

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    We do hold one undesirable premier league record ourselves

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottin...ter_United_F.C.

    *shudder at that team*


  16. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    We do hold one undesirable premier league record ourselves

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottin...ter_United_F.C.

    *shudder at that team*
    The biggest defeat in the PL is Man U 9 - Ipswich 0 in 95 I believe.

    Though that man be the biggest home defeat, we left at 4-1 with 10 mins left got home put the Radio on (no phones in them days kids) and found out we’d lost 8-1!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


  17. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    We do hold one undesirable premier league record ourselves

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottin...ter_United_F.C.

    *shudder at that team*
    I fancy Man City to beat that soon.


  18. #192

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I fancy Man City to beat that soon.
    Me too..... they will whip someone


  19. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wadiya
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    We do hold one undesirable premier league record ourselves

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottin...ter_United_F.C.

    *shudder at that team*
    Hang on, that team wasn't that bad.

    7 of the starting 11 had played most of the season before when we were promoted, yes Harkes and Palmer were a bit old/shit but I don't think we had anyone else to play there looking at the bench - I think Mattsson was a left back, Bartman was still a bit young and Porfirio was an attacking midfielder.

    Darcheville wasn't a bad player either, as he proved after he left us.

    United were just that good in 1999, they didn't really have any weak links at all (it would probably have been worse with Giggs playing instead of Blomqvist), they defended well, the midfield was amazing and they had two good strikers in Cole and Yorke and another two good ones in Sheringham and Solksjaer who would come off the bench.

    You don't win the European Cup if you're not a very good side, and that season they also won the league and FA Cup. And we hit them on a day when literally everything went in for both sides, our 2nd shot on target being the only one which didn't. Just a bit of a freak result really.


  20. #194

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    We do hold one undesirable premier league record ourselves

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottin...ter_United_F.C.

    *shudder at that team*
    Watched that game in a pub full of Man united fans in Gran Caneria.....not a good day


  21. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    See you same time next year folks


  22. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    8,203

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Hang on, that team wasn't that bad.

    7 of the starting 11 had played most of the season before when we were promoted, yes Harkes and Palmer were a bit old/shit but I don't think we had anyone else to play there looking at the bench - I think Mattsson was a left back, Bartman was still a bit young and Porfirio was an attacking midfielder.

    Darcheville wasn't a bad player either, as he proved after he left us.

    United were just that good in 1999, they didn't really have any weak links at all (it would probably have been worse with Giggs playing instead of Blomqvist), they defended well, the midfield was amazing and they had two good strikers in Cole and Yorke and another two good ones in Sheringham and Solksjaer who would come off the bench.

    You don't win the European Cup if you're not a very good side, and that season they also won the league and FA Cup. And we hit them on a day when literally everything went in for both sides, our 2nd shot on target being the only one which didn't. Just a bit of a freak result really.
    I was only 17 at the time but my vague memory of this game was that we were still stupidly piling forward looking for another goal when the game was done and dusted and this madness led to the inflated score. I seem to remember we could have scored a few ourselves. Could have probably ended up 3 - 10 or something daft!!


  23. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    8,203

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Not that 1- 8 wasn't daft!!


  24. #198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,910

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    I've a less-than-fond memory of watching us score first and last at White Hart Lane......and Spurs scoring nine times in between!

    Somewhat ironically, our 'keeper, Peter Grummitt, got the MoM shout in the next day's Sunday People!


  25. #199
    Delta Red
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    English Manor
    Posts
    10,346

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I've a less-than-fond memory of watching us score first and last at White Hart Lane......and Spurs scoring nine times in between!

    Somewhat ironically, our 'keeper, Peter Grummitt, got the MoM shout in the next day's Sunday People!
    Grummitt - did he ever play with Ian Wallace?


  26. #200
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,294

    Default Re: The 11 point watch

    Noooooo thuz 30 odd yr difference??


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •