Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The 11 point watch

Not banned, just being a pillock

Default Re: The 11 point watch

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    "It is all over at the City Ground and those scenes tell you everything, Nottingham Forest have come with a great late run, they have won 6 of the last 7 games, they have lost 1 of the last 13 games They are promoted, fantastic for those long Suffering Forest Fans".

Jeff Steling May 3rd 2008, 4:54pm
    And Barry missed it as he got married that day

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Barry should have set some limitations on when the wedding could be eh.

Mrs Maxi still tells people how annoying it was that we couldn't get married in May, just in case.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Bad girls do it well

"It is all over at the City Ground and those scenes tell you everything, Nottingham Forest have come with a great late run, they have won 6 of the last 7 games, they have lost 1 of the last 13 games They are promoted, fantastic for those long Suffering Forest Fans".

Jeff Steling May 3rd 2008, 4:54pm
    Magical day

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Barry should have set some limitations on when the wedding could be eh.

Mrs Maxi still tells people how annoying it was that we couldn't get married in May, just in case.

There was no planning to ours... we were sat watching TV about 3 weeks before and she said "shall we get married?" i replied might as well. She said ring up and find out.

So i phoned up and the woman said "we have a vacancy in 3 weeks if you want it?"

i shouts back to the missus "will 3 weeks do?"

"Yeah book it"

And that was how i got married to wife number 1.

No invites, no table decs, no save the dates... just we are getting married here, turn up if you like.

Last edited by Barry; 11-10-18 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Magical day
    It was ok... no concermating the marrige though... she was ill, her daughter ended up in hospetal with a virus and i couldnt be found as i went on the piss with my new father in law, think we got in at 6am, were both locked out by our respective wives and sleept it off in the hotel dining room..

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

There was no planning to ours... we were sat watching TV about 3 weeks before and she said "shall we get married?" i replied might as well. She said ring up and find out.

So i phoned up and the woman said "we have a vacancy in 3 weeks if you want it?"

"Yeah book it"

No invites, no table decs, no save the dates... just we are getting married here, turn up if you like.
    I think you should get married again in may 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

"Yeah book it"

You're own fucking fault then.

If it makes you feel any better I missed that day as well, cos I was mired in Newcastle and completely out of money to the point I was taking the stuff chucked out of the local Tesco's at the end of the day that was past it sell by date. Good fucking times.

You're own fucking fault then.

If it makes you feel any better I missed that day as well, cos I was mired in Newcastle and completely out of money to the point I was taking the stuff chucked out of the local Tesco's at the end of the day that was past it sell by date. Good fucking times.
    Id swap you if im honest.. some of the food you were getting out the bin probably lasted longer than the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitor Aitor A Puddycat View Post
    I think you should get married again in may 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont think wife number 2 would be too pleased about that.

Is there anything specific in the football world that means owners can't take dividends if the club isn't in profit? Although unusual it can and does happen in other industries. Besides, I did mean take a dividend based on profits from this season. And yes, the company can be sold cashless but Tan can't just pop in and transfer the money from company bank account to his own. If he's invested to the club and it's structured as debt then that money is due back to him regardless of sale or not.

The point I was trying to make was that the £100m+ in from the PL revenue is a benefit to the club and sets them up for the long term. It doesn't just benefit the owner, nor does it go straight into his pocket.
    I think you have miss understood something no company can pay dividends unless it has retained or current year profits. That is accounting SAP 101 every where in the world and applies to every organisation football club or multi national. That is why they are called dividends.

If he is the sole shareholder he can sell one of his shares back to the club at whatever price he decides because is only duty is to the shareholders and that is him.

To be honest the money benefits whoever the owner decides. Check what the Oystons did at Blackpool.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Left Winger

Anyway, what kind of idiot gets married during the football season?

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I think you have miss understood something no company can pay dividends unless it has retained or current year profits. That is accounting SAP 101 every where in the world and applies to every organisation football club or multi national. That is why they are called dividends.

If he is the sole shareholder he can sell one of his shares back to the club at whatever price he decides because is only duty is to the shareholders and that is him.

To be honest the money benefits whoever the owner decides. Check what the Oystons did at Blackpool.
    The keyword is retained.

If Cardiff have £100m in the bank from a years worth of PL football and have operating costs of £10m a season, they can effectively pay dividends to the owners for nine seasons if they so wanted to, even if they had zero revenue for those years.

The keyword is retained.

If Cardiff have £100m in the bank from a years worth of PL football and have operating costs of £10m a season, they can effectively pay dividends to the owners for nine seasons if they so wanted to, even if they had zero revenue for those years.
    Not quite; I haven't seen Cardiff's accounts but current year losses are netted off against any retained profit so if they have an rp off 100m and last year they made an 89m loss (that is correct) then the shareholders funds will be (AKA Retained profits) 11m which is available for distribution.

The bank balance does not in any way indicate the level of retained profits.

It was ok... no concermating the marrige though... she was ill, her daughter ended up in hospetal with a virus and i couldnt be found as i went on the piss with my new father in law, think we got in at 6am, were both locked out by our respective wives and sleept it off in the hotel dining room..
    You should have just married your old father in law. He sounds like the boy

Not quite; I haven't seen Cardiff's accounts but current year losses are netted off against any retained profit so if they have an rp off 100m and last year they made an 89m loss (that is correct) then the shareholders funds will be (AKA Retained profits) 11m which is available for distribution.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet just I'm deliberately being simplistic. Essentially what I was trying to point out was that dividends aren't necessarily dependent on profit in the most recent set of accounts, which you are corroborating.

Left Winger

The keyword is retained.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet just I'm deliberately being simplistic. Essentially what I was trying to point out was that dividends aren't necessarily dependent on profit in the most recent set of accounts, which you are corroborating.
    Would not you two be better off on the Financial Times forum, instead of here?

I‘m sure you’d find some like-minded fellows there to talk about insurance, gearing, payables, receivables and debt-funded leveraged buyouts?

I got banned from the FT forum for boring people to death.

I‘m sure you’d find some like-minded fellows there to talk about insurance, gearing, payables, receivables and debt-funded leveraged buyouts?
    Funny you should mention leveraged buy outs I was only talking to this guy on the train the other day concerning the intricacies of the documentation for security over non tangible assets but about ten minutes in the guy went to get coffee and never came back. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    You should have just married your old father in law. He sounds like the boy
    Oh yeah defo... he used to text me on a sunday morning and ask me if i fancied going out for a pint and i knew at that point id no chance of making it in work on monday and id probably still be struggling Tuesday.

Yeah boys take it to the Israel thread

Oh yeah defo... he used to text me on a sunday morning and ask me if i fancied going out for a pint and i knew at that point id no chance of making it in work on monday and id probably still be struggling Tuesday.
    He was grooming you

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    He was grooming you
    I dont give a shit i got a lot of free ale

Likes it moist

I genuinely think that if Cardiff fail to beat Fulham on Saturday the record is under threat

They'll get a couple of wins after sacking Warnock. That should be enough.

Anyway, what kind of idiot gets married?
    I ask myself every day