Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Default The end of the Eurocrat

An excellent piece that defines the new mood sweeping across Europe.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...-french-franc/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Weltmeister

Default Re: The end of the Eurocrat

Worrying times ahead, if Mme. Le Pen's party gain power.

They will conceivably hand UMP their lunch unless UMP sort themselves out.

And a newly-nationalistic France will destabilise the rest of Europe as I can't see the Germans willing to be left holding the bag for the rest of Europe on their own.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Worrying times ahead, if Mme. Le Pen's party gain power.

They will conceivably hand UMP their lunch unless UMP sort themselves out.

And a newly-nationalistic France will destabilise the rest of Europe as I can't see the Germans willing to be left holding the bag for the rest of Europe on their own.
    As they say the Eurocrats have only themselves to blame. There has been far too much bureaucracy, political and judicial interference and wastage of taxpayers money.

My guess is that the EU and Eurozone will hold, BUT more powers will be taken back by the national governments. This actually plays well into Cameron's hands for a re-negotiation of powers.

The only one that can save l'UMP is Sarko. Also he is cunning enough to ride the nationalist tide as well, so either way Brussels and Strasbourg are going to come under the cosh.

Hello

Fuck them.

I am disgusted by how fascist the EU is!! I am not a right winger I am left of centre and I just cannot see if you are left wing how you could ever support an organization like the EU!!! Unelected commissioners making legislation, not one constitutional treaty has had a referendum, EU parliament have no powers and its all because of a German ideology not once has any one thought of practicality in the whole idea. I am not anti Europe as an idea but by god what we have now is just disgusting, if you truly believe in choice of government and self determination as left wing bastions of ideas then what the hell are we doing supporting this bureaucratic undemocratic ideology.

A very interesting post Emmerson.

I think most people believe in the concept of a harmoniously trading Europe with the easy movement of legal citizens and goods. However the self serving Eurocrats of Brussels and Strasbourg have so overstepped their original mandate that the whole concept has become endangered.

Most Europeans (Left and Right) want the return of powers to their elected governments.

I started disliking the EU after Ireland voted no over the Lisbon treaty and then were told that isn't the right answer vote again. They're not to be trusted and whether you want to stay in the EU or not I won't judge but I think the country's people have the right to decide our future relationship with Europe. It really bugs me when people are so openly against a referendum because the majority might vote against their own beliefs and isn't that democracy? Something we seem to be lacking.

The great swindle of Europe is that of the bloated fat cats creaming massive salaries for doing very little.
    Expense accounts that seem to have no restrictions, allowances that are eye-watering...
    I know that in terms of the collective GDP of the Euro-zone the sums are minuscule.
    That is not the point: the point is that these buggers are living high off the hog and their value is debatable.
    My concern over current European trends is that as national economies come under the cosh the indigenous peoples of each nation look for someone to blame.
    So, persecution of migrants, restrictive trade practices and meddling in the affairs of "weaker" nations by stronger ones becomes increasingly bullying.
    The European Union may well have been a major contributor to harmony rather than war, but can it continue to be so against a back-drop of increasing tensions?