Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got back - Doncaster Rovers (H)

Default Just got back - Doncaster Rovers (H)

Fitting time to bring back this thread.

I left todays game at HT, the only time I have ever done so, hopefully it will be the last.

Looking at our team line up pre match, I was feeling quite optimistic with players like Cohen, Earnshaw and McGugan in our side and for the first 5 minutes or so, we looked quite good.

Their 1st goal could of been prevented so easily. Earnshaw got the ball on the edge of the box, only to spread it wide with a wonderful ball to a doncaster player, who whipped it in to an unmarked Heffernan, who headed it in.

The 2nd and 3rd goals both took big deflections but it was how the goals came about in the first place. Doncaster just passed it around on the edge of the box whilst about 2 players chased down and the rest just stood there admiring the passing.

Ratings based on 1st half performance:

Camp 6
    Maloney 5
    Morgan 4
    Wilson 5
    Lynch 0
    Anderson 6
    McGugan 4
    Cohen 5
    Perch 4
    Garner 4
    Earnshaw 3

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Just got back - Doncaster Rovers (H)

I have left matches early and ok, I wasn't there today but half time is ridiculously early to be giving up isn't it? I'm not saying Forest weren't awful but leaving at half time?

The hole crowed look fed the f**k up - Tyson 111.
    http://365microstoryproject.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nunuschmu
    I have left matches early and ok, I wasn't there today but half time is ridiculously early to be giving up isn't it? I'm not saying Forest weren't awful but leaving at half time?
    I'm sure if you were there, you would be able to sympathize but I understand what your saying.

keep the faith earnie, we've got stoppage time to go and we're only a couple behind !

All Mod Cons.

Quote Originally Posted by nunuschmu
    I left at half time too because we were simply awful, I have never been so ashamed to be a forest supporter.

Calderwood out!!!

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by All Mod Cons.
    I left at half time too because we were simply awful, I have never been so ashamed to be a forest supporter.

Calderwood out!!!
    He'll still be here this time next year. I've learnt to live with that and I'm not getting my hopes up

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victor Meldrew

PART TIME SUPPORTER.

i left at half time and im no part time supporter

All Mod Cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli
    PART TIME SUPPORTER.
    How can a season ticket holder of 10 years be a part time supporter

Prat.

you can blindly watch that football all you want, I've paid good money to watch that s**t today.

How can a season ticket holder of 10 years be a part time supporter

Prat.

you can blindly watch that football all you want, I've paid good money to watch that s**t today.
    I strongly suspect that that may have been humour...

Victor Meldrew

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho
    I strongly suspect that that may have been humour...
    Well spotted Sir.

you can blindly watch
    Really? I'd better tell my blind friends then - they clearly haven't realised.

Victor Meldrew

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy
    Really? I'd better tell my blind friends then - they clearly haven't realised.
    Do any of your blind mates want my Norwich ticket?

I said that "if that free kick goes in, Im off".

I then said "I'll give it 15 mins in the second half" and ended up staying until after the board for 4 mins extra time went up.

Goes without saying the first half was dire - that said, we started well. Numerous balls into their box. Great move with Garner selling a dummy teeing up Earnshaw to fire wide.

However, went badly wrong from Earnshaw trying to clear a ball and drilling it wide out left for them to cross to Heffernan to score.

Downhill from there and the rest of the first half was x-rated.

Special mention to Lynch whose incompetence stood out in a sea of general shitness.

Also a mention to our tactical genius of a manager. When taking off a central defender, why not reshuffle the whole team afterwards?

Wilson goes off - to be replaced by Aaron Davies. Davies goes to left wing, Anderson goes to right wing. Perch / Lynch seemed confused as to which was left back or centre back.

Why not take off the injured defender, put another one on? (Bennett). Lynch can go to his natural position and we can get on with it? Baffles me.

0-3 by half time.

Plenty of "oles" for their lot in the second half. The inevitable 4th went in. How they didnt get 5 I will never know - they had enough chances.

We somehow got 2 back - dont let that confuse the issue. We were truly shit.

Calderwood made his remaining changes at HT - Bennett and Tyson on for Anderson and Lynch.

I hear on Radio Nottm that Lynch only came off due to a hamstring! Worse news on Bennett who has done his crutiates. Wilson has a virus (why play then?!)

CC clearly has lost the crowd. Whilst I dont blame him for the ineptitude of his players in the first half, he doesnt really help himself with his actions / things he says.

Managers elsewhere would get the boot for a lot less than this, and whilst I dont advocate sacking a manager after every poor result, he must be on borrowed time after this debacle.

Naarch next......will he still be here?

Joel Lynch was absolutely rubbish today.

He can't be a professional footballer, can he?

Did he win a competition in the Evening Post to play left-back?

Maybe he's dying and he's got lucky from that 'Make A Wish' foundation? He could at least have gone to Disneyland not come to play football here...

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by M15 Red

Maybe he's dying and he's got lucky from that 'Make A Wish' foundation? He could at least have gone to Disneyland not come to play football here...
    Or maybe he was hung over?

It only takes a second to score a goal.

Joel Lynch has been rubbish ever since he joined Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by M15 Red

I'm pretty sure that if anyone had won such a competition, they could not possibly have done worse than Lynch did today.

It's going to take at least 24 hours for me to process what happened today and see where we go from here.

It was a spiralling effect from the moment the first goal went in, a spiralling effect that has become quite familiar over the past few years.

We go behind, the fans get on the backs of the players, the confidence drops. Consequently a second goal goes in, the fans get on the players back even more, the players heads drop even more, suddenly we are 3 goals down. Things just get worse and worse. That's not to say it's the fans fault by any means. The players got themselves in trouble and didn't have the bottle or appetite to get themselves out of it.

It was atrocious, I've not seen us that bad before, and I've not seen that kind of anger towards a manager before. Will he go? I'm unsure and I'm unsure if I want him to. That may seem mad to some, and like I say I've not really taken in what happened today, but had we got the first goal today I reckon we'd have gone on to win and things would look very different because we've been looking good recently. The side isn't far off being a good Championship side, a couple of signings (including a left back, Lynch was woeful) and we can stay up quite comfortably.

A very bad day, let's hope we bounce back at Norwich and get ourselves out of the drop zone.

Today was every bit as bad as the non-performances away to Coventry and home to Plymouth when we last went down. Which is worrying...

Today was fucking awful.
    Moloney played well, and Camp did a afew good saves & when Tyson came on he did well. Everyone else, needed to be abit quicker and at least do something with the ball.
    Earnshaw, His touch and control today was rubbish, He couldn't run..and the long ball played up to him didn't work, as their tall defenders had it easily.
    Lynch, I said in the past he's been doing okay, but today he was shite!
    Davies, Felt bit sorry for him..Came on he looked like he wanted to do well..but didnt.
    Perch, was invisiable.
    Cohen, tried to create..

Our fans joining in when Donny were one touching it around, and Wes Morgan going through everyone like a tank were the only good bits about the game.

Today, it was a game i thought we could win, and at least get out the relegation zone. Luckily we are still in the position where we started the day off at.

I'm pissed off, and CC has one game to save himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    Today was fucking awful.
    Moloney played well, and Camp did a afew good saves & when Tyson came on he did well. Everyone else, needed to be abit quicker and at least do something with the ball.
    Earnshaw, His touch and control today was rubbish, He couldn't run..and the long ball played up to him didn't work, as their tall defenders had it easily.
    Lynch, I said in the past he's been doing okay, but today he was shite!
    Davies, Felt bit sorry for him..Came on he looked like he wanted to do well..but didnt.
    Perch, was invisiable.
    Cohen, tried to create..

Our fans joining in when Donny were one touching it around, and Wes Morgan going through everyone like a tank were the only good bits about the game.

Today, it was a game i thought we could should win, and at least get out the relegation zone. Luckily we are still in the position where we started the day off at.

I'm pissed off, and CC has one game to save himself.
    Fixed.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Disgraceful performance. If we sign Lynch in January CC really has gone mad, he's been absolutely rubbish for us.

Also
    I saw Paul Smith in the Box things in the Brain Clough stands..he didn't look too bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Doyle.Nffc
    Today was f**king awful.
    Lynch, I said in the past he's been doing okay, but today he was s**te!
    Perch, was invisiable.
    Cohen, tried to create..

Today, it was a game i thought we could win, and at least get out the relegation zone. Luckily we are still in the position where we started the day off at.

I'm p**sed off, and CC has one game to save himself.
    And off the pitch "how many cops does it take to restrain a Doncaster Grandad" - what made me laugh was when the young girl/woman then tried to join in.. Not sure what started it but definitely not a good example to set to any kids seeing that from the old bloke..