Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default Americas Shutdown

    I have just read an article by Max Hastings, from the Daily Mail on line......I always find his articles thought provoking, even if at times not always agreeing.

    Today's is about the current stand off happening in American politics, very informative.

    A ever if anyone can link the article, I am sure other would also 'enjoy' the information.

    Thanks.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    This is a serious request, absolute and honest, Scouts Honour !


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Darkest Wiltshire
    Posts
    3,337
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Thanks Phooey !.


  6. #5
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Excellent article.

    Oh FFS.

  7. #6
    Who cares Anyway...?
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chilwell (The posh end of Beeston)
    Posts
    4,809

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown




  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,495

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Alex Jones has been at his rampant best this week.
    Some of the stuff he comes up with is fucking golden


  9. #8
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by windmill View Post
    Alex Jones has been at his rampant best this week.
    Some of the stuff he comes up with is fucking golden
    Some of the stuff he spouts makes you think maybe he could be onto something then other theorys are so out there that it clouds the things that could be true.....


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    15,273

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    The USA has 5 times the population of the UK and 40 times the land mass so comparing the two is problematic to say the least. The huge cultural differences in the US between the liberal Sea-boards and the conservative Flyover States are far greater than anything in the UK.

    Interesting that when Europe is moving away from Socialism and Big Government the Obama Administration is wanting to impose it.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,495

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by No 5 Terry Wilson View Post
    Some of the stuff he spouts makes you think maybe he could be onto something then other theorys are so out there that it clouds the things that could be true.....

    He's definitely a CIA Agent!


  12. #11
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by windmill View Post
    He's definitely a CIA Agent!
    I love it how he calls us brits red coats for having an NHS


  13. #12
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    He's a nob.

    "Charlie don't surf for his hamburger momma!!"

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,495

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post
    He's a nob.
    I don't think any sane person would question that tbf.
    Like terry says. There is a lot of truth in what he says but then goes a step further and discredits virtually everything he says. A bit like David Icke and his ram kings about world leaders being reptilians.
    The problem with those mis info agents is that because there are consipary theorists. Then the wider publi believe that every theory is total hogwash.
    Of all the conspiracy events over the years all of them have official versions. Which ones are the truth tho?


  15. #14
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,225

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    When something goes off in the USA ie sandy hook or Boston bombings you just know Jones is gonna cone out and say it's the governments ploy to get their guns.... Some of the stuff they show does make you think especially eye witness stuff which are changed as time goes on..... Who knows?


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canoe on the Trent
    Posts
    3,194

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Couldnt give a fook.

    Genuinely. Gave up on giving a toss on owt political a while back.


  17. #16

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Alex Jones never seems that mental on the one show.


  18. #17
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windmill View Post

    I don't think any sane person would question that tbf.
    Like terry says. There is a lot of truth in what he says but then goes a step further and discredits virtually everything he says. A bit like David Icke and his ram kings about world leaders being reptilians.
    The problem with those mis info agents is that because there are consipary theorists. Then the wider publi believe that every theory is total hogwash.
    Of all the conspiracy events over the years all of them have official versions. Which ones are the truth tho?
    They wouldn't be theories if you could prove they happened, they'd just be 'the truth'.

    My main problem with Jones is his ignorance. He plucks little things out of the air then states them as facts. Or he uses a newspaper article as 'proof'. During any debate, he simply tries to turn it into a Who Can Shout The Loudest Tournament. He refuses to listen to the other side of the debate and mostly just ignores the other person completely while he angrily yells his opinions. Any evidence to debunk his claims is also ignored or he accuses that person of being 'in on it'.

    He's just like those fourteen year old wannabe intellectuals who oppose the government because they think it makes them cool while they hang their posters of Citizen Smith on their bedroom walls.


  19. #18
    Weltmeister
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Executive Lounge
    Posts
    73,414

    Default Re: Americas Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post
    He's just like those fourteen year old wannabe intellectuals who oppose the government because they think it makes them cool while they hang their posters of Citizen Smith on their bedroom walls.
    Alas if they ever followed any of Citizen Smith's policies (or, God forbid, those of "El Che") they might actually be on to something.

    „The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

  20. #19
    Senior Pol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Echo Beach
    Posts
    4,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

    Alas if they ever followed any of Citizen Smith's policies (or, God forbid, those of "El Che") they might actually be on to something.
    Indeed.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •