Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Town

Default Mansfield Town

Apologies if there's already a thread..

Just watched East Midlands today, their owner seems to think they are a championship club

I know he needs to have ambition.. But deluded much? Good start or not they'll be very lucky to make the playoffs IMO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

Default Re: Mansfield Town

Even Notts County can laugh at this

I'm still baffled that bumbling idiot has a wife like that

Money talks I suppose

I suppose if Yeovil, Bournemouth and Donny can be in the championship. League 2 club really though ain't they? League one if lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Across the Road View Post
    I'm still baffled that bumbling idiot has a wife like that

Money talks I suppose
    She's fucking minging though.

I'm originally from Mansfield, so I have an interest here. It does look like the Stags are now being run properly, and are doing pretty well. If the likes of Yeovil can make the Championship, why can't Mansfield Town? Good luck to them - I always look for their results.

Banned

Paul cox will be our next manager

Stags have always flirted around the old division 3/division 2 boarder. Like others have said, if the likes of Yeovil, Doncaster, Bournemouth and Derby can play at this level, why can't they? Infact arn't Scunny in league 2? It wasn't long ago they were in the championship (or have i got mixed up?). I know Plymouth were at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Stags have always flirted around the old division 3/division 2 boarder. Like others have said, if the likes of Yeovil, Doncaster, Bournemouth and Derby can play at this level, why can't they? Infact arn't Scunny in league 2? It wasn't long ago they were in the championship (or have i got mixed up?). I know Plymouth were at one point.
    If they were to win promotion in the next few seasons they'll have some momentum behind them, and that can be crucial in the lower divisions. Scunny, Doncaster and Southend went from League Two to the Championship in only a couple of years, so Mansfield could easily do it.

Their Wiki page says that the last time Mansfield were in the second tier was 1977-78, and they were relegated after one season.

I'd love Mansfield to get into the championship and it's a fantastic ambition for the club to strive for.

Of course, they've ultimately got to focus on not falling back out of the football league again, which they should do this season. A big task but it signals the owners long term ambitions I guess as it's realistically gonna take years to achieve.

Last one standing

I'd also like to see them get as high as the championship. There's a fondness for Mansfield Town that just doesn't exist with our nex door neighbours Notts County.

Where's me hammer?

Your not alone, when they played Darlington at Wembley I went and saw loads of people I see in and around the city ground.

Be nice to see forest in the prem, stags in the championship, derby in the 3rd tier having a local derby with county flirting with going out of business on a regular basis.

Rice 34

I like them both to do well but Stags fans seem a bit less bitter about us in my experience.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

I like Stags, their fans were singing 2-0 to the Nottingham to the spirites after we both beat our Derbyshire rivals the other week

I know a lot of people who support Mansfield and Forest. Next door neighbor is a season ticket holder at both

The Foam Hand

Myself and a lot of friends went to watch Mansfield fairly often years ago if Forest (or whichever club they supported) had a crap game, I only live a few miles from the ground. Not keen on their owners at the moment though, I know John Radford has done a lot of good for them but him and his wife give the club a proper tinpot feel. It was cringeworthy when they were on TV before the Liverpool game.

The club has always arguably had the potential to punch above its weight but its the town itself that lets them down. They just dont turn out. They failed to get close to selling out in the midweek Cup game against arch rivals Chesterfield, it was a poor turn out in the friendly against Forest and I dare say (without checking) they haven't anywhere near sold out all season. This is a club that desperately wanted to get back into the football league for years and the ground only holds something like 8k.
    Its a shame really.

One of the reasons I came down to this thread was I've just been reading one of their pages, some fans are calling for Cox's head, already
    Seems fans of every club in every league have short memories and zero patience.

there seems to be a feeling of underlying unrest ready to boil over at Field Mill....assistant manager dropping down four leagues just to get a game after being the virtual star man last season,owner putting pressure on cox to get promoted with his recent comments,cox being ecstatic one week and mightily p'd off the next, gates hovering at around 3 thousand when they hoped for 5/6......(good away numbers though strangely enough)...time will tell..................much prefer them to Meadow Lane Dairy FC though!.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by trent end loyal View Post
    gates hovering at around 3 thousand when they hoped for 5/6......(good away numbers though strangely enough)...
    They have a loyal core of support. They took 1k to a midweek game against Lincoln in the Conference and 2k to Alfreton midweek. But they cannot seem to expand beyond the 3k at home. Considering the size of the town and its surrounding area it should be better.

I don't know if this is a common feeling amoung people my age but I resent Mansfield. Our school used to get tickets to see Forest, odd coaching days on the local rec etc. Mansfield? Nothing. They never really gave a toss about the local fanbase, and with the low gates, i don't understand why they don't give out a couple of 1000 tickets to local schools once a month.

The Foam Hand

True that. I have no recollection of them ever being involved with the local community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    They have a loyal core of support. They took 1k to a midweek game against Lincoln in the Conference and 2k to Alfreton midweek. But they cannot seem to expand beyond the 3k at home. Considering the size of the town and its surrounding area it should be better.
    Hardly the other side of the country is it?

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by BillySharp24 View Post
    Hardly the other side of the country is it?
    No but putting it into perspective, its still good for a club that averaged 2.5k at home in the Conference (at the time). Plenty of League 1 and 2 clubs cant manage that.

Derby to Hull isn't a million miles away to be fair...

Any listening to matchtalk?

Talks a good game does Cox.

Most of it probably bullshit

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I don't know if this is a common feeling amoung people my age but I resent Mansfield. Our school used to get tickets to see Forest, odd coaching days on the local rec etc. Mansfield? Nothing. They never really gave a toss about the local fanbase, and with the low gates, i don't understand why they don't give out a couple of 1000 tickets to local schools once a month.
    Our school got nothing from forest, notts or the stags. We got no scouts from the city for any of the schoolboy sides or anything. Hardly miles away from anywhere is it Eastwood?