Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 486

Thread: Mansfield Town

      
  1. #51
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,468

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Kempton Park racecourse.
    It says Hurst Park, Surrey on wiki, is that the same place?
    I remember reading the logistics and construction cost way more then the actual stand. I'll try to find the link...

    Edit: More info here http://www.stagsnet.net/fm/history/History.html

    An interesting picture of the new stand being built over the old one...

    West01.jpg

    Last edited by Bryn Gunn; 19-07-14 at 14:26.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,156

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    It says Hurst Park, Surrey on wiki, is that the same place?
    The story came out in the '70s that it originated from Kempton Park, but your findings are good enough for me. At least I was right about it being from a racecourse located in Surrey.


  4. #53
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,468

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Well, I know friendlies mean nowt, but get your money on Leeds to go down this season. They were absolutely shocking tonight; Mansfield Town 2 Leeds United 0.


  5. #54

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Stags will be right in contention this season.


  6. #55
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Lichaj of the Tiger View Post
    Stags will be right in contention this season.
    Fiver on Stags to get relegated


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The wrong end of the county
    Posts
    1,744

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    Christ my really local team is AFC Mansfield, that new club that plays at Forest Town Welfare. Shudder

    Ha ha, mine too. Didn't they win most of their matches by 6 or more goals last season ?

    Will try and catch one of their matches this season as it's only up the road.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,732

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Spoiler: sexist post following.

    I read a story about the leading scorer of Mansfield Town signing an extension of his contract; then I read a comment by the manager of the club who is delighted by the signing and "very grateful to Carolyn Radford for getting this over the line"; then I realise that the lady in question is the owner's wife; and then I see that the story in the official website of the club is illustrated by this picture:



    They do realize that the whole scene (the stance of the "chief executive officer" / boss's wife, graceful yet sufficiently dominating, the discreet mention of the boss on the same desk, the cheaky smile of the player) is like a trailer for a porn film, right?


  9. #58
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,468

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Spoiler: sexist post following.

    I read a story about the leading scorer of Mansfield Town signing an extension of his contract; then I read a comment by the manager of the club who is delighted by the signing and "very grateful to Carolyn Radford for getting this over the line"; then I realise that the lady in question is the owner's wife; and then I see that the story in the official website of the club is illustrated by this picture:



    They do realize that the whole scene (the stance of the "chief executive officer" / boss's wife, graceful yet sufficiently dominating, the discreet mention of the boss on the same desk, the cheaky smile of the player) is like a trailer for a porn film, right?
    Saw that earlier. It got some comments on Twitter.

    Danny Rose is a smart little player, he caused Cardiff loads of problems, this is good news for Mansfield.

    Carolyn has come across more professional in recent years, in the earlier days you got the impression it was just the gaffers dolly bird.


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,336

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Carolyn has come across more professional in recent years, in the earlier days you got the impression it was just the gaffers dolly bird.
    She's done a good job at Mansfield.

    She will always get stick because she's good looking and married a rich ugly bloke. Ironically most of the stick I hear is from women.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Carolyn has come across more professional in recent years, in the earlier days you got the impression it was just the gaffers dolly bird.
    Not half.


  12. #61
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,468

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    That article is very bias towards the negative.
    She isn't even in the picture of two random escort girls and they fail to mention she's got a degree in law.
    Typical national rag, dragging somebody through the gutter for their past.


  13. #62
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,468

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Danny Rose goals




  14. #63
    PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO
    Guest

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Saw that earlier. It got some comments on Twitter.

    Danny Rose is a smart little player, he caused Cardiff loads of problems, this is good news for Mansfield.

    Carolyn has come across more professional in recent years, in the earlier days you got the impression it was just the gaffers dolly bird.
    she was on Womans Hour on Radio 4 in December, i thought she came over really bad, i guess the programme was about sexism in football and obviously she attracts attention but she was very pompous about the name calling, i think if she took it more as good fun and banter she would win all the stags fans over but even the interviewer seemed a bit frustrated about her attitude, if she was a hooker it's not a really a problem but she could make end up making it into one, as of now i haven't got the time of day for her, though i want to like her but she seemed in denial, must say she looks stunning and could be an awesome icon for MTFC but the sooner she can accept the facts and get a sense of humour the better for her


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,414

    Default Re: Mansfield Town


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,732

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Hilarious. And with Randall at 1:03.


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,414

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Hilarious. And with Randall at 1:03.
    Oh yes, didn't notice that before


  18. #67
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,279

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Brilliant!


  19. #68
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,468

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    she was on Womans Hour on Radio 4 in December, i thought she came over really bad, i guess the programme was about sexism in football and obviously she attracts attention but she was very pompous about the name calling, i think if she took it more as good fun and banter she would win all the stags fans over but even the interviewer seemed a bit frustrated about her attitude, if she was a hooker it's not a really a problem but she could make end up making it into one, as of now i haven't got the time of day for her, though i want to like her but she seemed in denial, must say she looks stunning and could be an awesome icon for MTFC but the sooner she can accept the facts and get a sense of humour the better for her
    Aye don't get me wrong, there's still plenty to cringe about.


  20. #69
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,422

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    “So, Carolyn, what was it that first attracted you to the multimillionaire John Radford?”

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    The Football Ramble Podcast did an interview with her a few months ago and she came across okay in my opinion and even admitted that she had no idea what she was getting into when they purchased the club. BUt there was a few things she said that didn't sit well with me such as "being a woman there are certain things I can do to infulence players/staff we want that men can't" comments like this are never going to help you change the image the public have of you.


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,732

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    If I understand correctly, both Nottinghamshire clubs (Notts County almost certainly, Mansfield possibly) will compete along with two other clubs for one ticket into League One, right?

    If one of them succeeds, I still think it is very important to establish a steady flow of loans into them. You can send young promising players in need of playing time, or even more mature deadwood which you wish to offload and cannot find another team to send to.

    I know most of you hate Notts County passionately, yet realistically it is a necessary connection even if they're the Nottinghamshire club that makes it. I really see little point in loans to League Two teams except for 18-year olds. Anyone older than that should play League One football.


  23. #72
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,928

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    If I understand correctly, both Nottinghamshire clubs (Notts County almost certainly, Mansfield possibly) will compete along with two other clubs for one ticket into League One, right?

    If one of them succeeds, I still think it is very important to establish a steady flow of loans into them. You can send young promising players in need of playing time, or even more mature deadwood which you wish to offload and cannot find another team to send to.

    I know most of you hate Notts County passionately, yet realistically it is a necessary connection even if they're the Nottinghamshire club that makes it. I really see little point in loans to League Two teams except for 18-year olds. Anyone older than that should play League One football.
    Most of us dont hate Notts County as they have never really been competition in our life times. Jokes aside its not really a rivalry its more of a one way street in that they hate us.

    Best way to describe it is like being in the eldest year at school and having a girlfriend... and a kid in the 1st year of school who you have no connection with, hating you because they fancy your girlfriend.

    You dont hate them, you dont really understand why they hate you, they are just a bit "meh".

    I have lived in Nottinghamshire most of my life and i have never met a Notts county fan.... but i have met loads of Derby fans for example.

    The hatred is saved for Derby and Liverpool.

    Last edited by Barry; 15-04-18 at 09:04.

  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,732

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The hatred is saved for Derby and Liverpool.
    Should I dare to ask why the hatred towards Liverpool or do I bring back too many memories?


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,833

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Most of us dont hate Notts County as they have never really been competition in our life times. Jokes aside its not really a rivalry its more of a one way street in that they hate us.

    Best way to describe it is like being in the eldest year at school and having a girlfriend... and a kid in the 1st year of school who you have no connection with, hating you because they fancy your girlfriend.

    You dont hate them, you dont really understand why they hate you, they are just a bit "meh".

    I have lived in Nottinghamshire most of my life and i have never met a Notts county fan.... but i have met loads of Derby fans for example.

    The hatred is saved for Derby and Liverpool.
    Liverpool fans probably think we're the first year hating them for having the girlfriend we fancy though.

    Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  26. #75
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,928

    Default Re: Mansfield Town

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Liverpool fans probably think we're the first year hating them for having the girlfriend we fancy though.

    Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    That goes without saying... in fact i bet some of their newer fans would only think that we'd only ever played them in the cup.... thats if they'd ever heard of us.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •