Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McClaren admits he was ''too ambitious'' at Forest

Banned

Default McClaren admits he was ''too ambitious'' at Forest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24352110

Fair play to him, quite an honest assessment to make. Would have been easier, though tactless, to just say the board didn't support him. Admitted he probably started to run before we could walk. Having said that, he still had a damn fine side to build on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: McClaren admits he was ''too ambitious'' at Forest

Jesus. So much meaningless bullshit and rehearsed excuses I wouldn't know where to begin ripping it all to shreds. Watching that has just reminded me how lucky we are to be shot of that clueless, vapid charlatan.

He is a clown but I don't think its bull that he was sold a different prospect to what he got in terms of club ambition and the backing to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    Jesus. So much meaningless bullshit and rehearsed excuses I wouldn't know where to begin ripping it all to shreds. Watching that has just reminded me how lucky we are to be shot of that clueless, vapid charlatan.
    agreed.

living in Derbyshire im surprised that quite a few sheep see him as the next messiah...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jerellis1 View Post
    Not alot one can add, great post !.

backpedalling like fuck as he comes in the door

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Credit to him for admitting his errors. Still kidding himself he did a good job second time round at 20 though.

He'll be ok for the firts 6-9 months I reckon. Still learning his trade at this level though.

"When this "Town" gets rocking......"

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

TBH I think if he had, had that kind of outlook here, he would have got more time. Unfortunately we were already challenging for promotion and he turned us into a shambles and then Cotteril took us to the brink.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Red Hat View Post
    He is a clown but I don't think its bull that he was sold a different prospect to what he got in terms of club ambition and the backing to go with it.

But surely he should have researched the club and chairman better, and speak to former Forest managers to get an 'idea' before accepting the job.

The funniest thing is his hair

Oh my lord what a crock of shit! That's exactly the same as when asked in a job interview "what would you say is your greatest weakness?" the hopeful comes out with something like "Oh I try too hard" or "I'm just a perfectionist, too good at what I do I would say".

So no not fair play to him at all, don't try and big yourself up when you fail at something, that's not admitting defeat that's hyperinflation on a douchebag scale.

winnits

Forest too ambitious for him, so he's settled for Derby

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

McLaren is a wishy washy yesh man.

He's just a bit of a tit

I think his time with us is clouding a lot of Forest fans judgement about him, yes, his time with us was awful, but if he can get the derby players playing how he wants ( which he wasnt really able to do with us, not that he had the time to be able to do it ) i think he could be a decent manager for them, he is a very good coach of players, if he can get his tactics right, then i dont think we will be laughing for long.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    I think his time with us is clouding a lot of Forest fans judgement about him, yes, his time with us was awful, but if he can get the derby players playing how he wants ( which he wasnt really able to do with us, not that he had the time to be able to do it ) i think he could be a decent manager for them, he is a very good coach of players, if he can get his tactics right, then i dont think we will be laughing for long.

fair comment, do you think Forest would have Finished top ten if SM had stayed a full season?

I personally think he'd have had us relegated.

It annoys me when people cannot spell his name correctly

Looking Hairy

Aye, he was being incredibly ambitious. Nobody has ever been relegated by Christmas before.

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

I never knew it was 2 c's in McClaren never Cmon on Ginger its a very honest mistake considering the famous McLaren driving is spelt as such its not like people spelling Forest with two r's.

Senior Doom Monger

McClaren is so poor he can't even have a sensible name spelling.

He's a top coach with top players. With poor players, he's a poor coach, simple. He'll fail at Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I never knew it was 2 c's in McClaren never Cmon on Ginger its a very honest mistake considering the famous McLaren driving is spelt as such its not like people spelling Forest with two r's.
    NO I'm not having it

Bad enough with the illiterate twonks on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post
    The funniest thing is his hair

Is the picture that follows that one of Paul Daniels pulling an egg out of his mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFaithful View Post
    Oh my lord what a crock of shit! That's exactly the same as when asked in a job interview "what would you say is your greatest weakness?" the hopeful comes out with something like "Oh I try too hard" or "I'm just a perfectionist, too good at what I do I would say".

So no not fair play to him at all, don't try and big yourself up when you fail at something, that's not admitting defeat that's hyperinflation on a douchebag scale.
    That's the worst 'bigging up' i've ever seen. It seems like he is saying that he is a slightly better manager than Non League Nige.

"I've come in, Nigel has already done a really good job, and I might screw up like I did at Forest, so i'm not going to make any changes, or bring any players in."

He's just one of those managers who thinks he's a tactical genius and will baffle players with science. That will always be his downfall when working with players at a lower level. It's a simple game made complicated with him.

Also, he is such a massive tool.

This is his problem. I think when people listen to him, he comes across as if he doesn't believe his own contrived and cliched sentences. Then he sort of goes off track, and does a nervous smile as if to get the interviewer back on side to agree with him for reassurance. He's a needy sort, rather than a true leader.

He's talking about knowing the situation at Derby and not reading the situation well enough at Forest but hang on, he was given a 3 year deal by Forest and 2 and a half years at Derby. It's funny that if you speak to most Middlesbrough fans they will attribute his relative success there to Steve Gibson rather than McClaren.

The fact is, this guy wants money to spend straight away at every club and he wasnt given that at Forest and he didnt like it. He was constantly moaning in the press about it before deciding to jack it in when he couldn't build team spirit or get a good result for love nor money. He's a con-man. He inherited a very good FC Twente side who Steve Cotterill could have taken to at least 3rd place. There's only one thing I want to thank him for, and that's bringing back Andy Reid to the club. And then for leaving before things got any worse.

So that's two things really.

Last edited by BryanRoy22; 01-10-13 at 19:08.