Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clough Documentary

Default Clough Documentary

I am for a clip on youtube, its some ropey footage of a documentary and it shows a clip of the Sheff Utd fans chanting his name before an interview where he almost breaks down after. Anyone know what I am talking about?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Clough Documentary

Forest v. Sheff U was the last home game under the great man's reign.

Yeah, its the interview clip I am after

The one when the interviewer says "We're going to miss you Brian" and Cloughie gets emotional.... Going to go to Barbara and the grand kids...?

Got it at home somewhere - might even be on VHS! IIRC it was a report on EMT or equivalent 20 years ago. Can't help with link and I'm overseas at the moment.

I'd cry like a baby watching it 100% for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I am for a clip on youtube, its some ropey footage of a documentary and it shows a clip of the Sheff Utd fans chanting his name before an interview where he almost breaks down after. Anyone know what I am talking about?
    Is this the one?

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    The one when the interviewer says "We're going to miss you Brian" and Cloughie gets emotional.... Going to go to Barbara and the grand kids...?

Got it at home somewhere - might even be on VHS! IIRC it was a report on EMT or equivalent 20 years ago. Can't help with link and I'm overseas at the moment.

I'd cry like a baby watching it 100% for sure.
    I think the interviewer says something along the lines of "its been an honour" and Clough goes to say something and chokes up.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Is this the one?

No, sifted through quite a few last night

I've watched it on Youtube before. It's in a few parts. I couldn't find it the last time I looked either.

Footy Manager Researcher

It's a the end of "Brian Clough The Greatest Manager England Never Had" we'll at least part of it is.

It's all about mid-table...

I've still got that on VHS in the attic somewhere, I still remember the words

Clough: Barry, will you excuse me, thank you for asking me to be interviewed and now I'll go back to Barbara and me grandchildren.

Barry Davies: It's been a pleasure knowing you sir

Clough (tears filling his eyes has he shakes his hand and puts his arms around Davies): Aah aah aah (the noise he makes-not laughing)

Davies: Hope to see you back sometime.

Clough nods, kisses him and walks down the tunnel.

Senior Doom Monger

Watched the clips and read the thread with tears in my eyes.
    He was part of my life, and it made me feel sad for what has been and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I know the one, doesn't seem to be on Youtube anymore.

Yes Raymondo ... That was a choker of many chokers. I think the I/V was shown on the MOTD highlights that night & it is when Barry Davies says " It's been a pleasure knowing you sir" ... which impacts on Cloughie. I've got loads of clips similar on website but I cannot find this one. Would love to & will keep trying!

[
    This is the interview shown on match of the day after the final home game after sheff utd game 92/3. BBC east midlands showed some of it in a tribute programme as well.

QUOTE=Raymondo Ponte';1855899]I've still got that on VHS in the attic somewhere, I still remember the words

Clough: Barry, will you excuse me, thank you for asking me to be interviewed and now I'll go back to Barbara and me grandchildren.

Barry Davies: It's been a pleasure knowing you sir

This is the interview, shown on match of the day after the sheff utd home game mate for reference.

Clough (tears filling his eyes has he shakes his hand and puts his arms around Davies): Aah aah aah (the noise he makes-not laughing)

Davies: Hope to see you back sometime.

Clough nods, kisses him and walks down the tunnel.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Forest forever & Raymondo ... I've got lots of links I have put together about Cloughie but I can't find 'this' actual video clip anywhere, of that so emotional piece of dialogue ...
    http://www.google.co.uk/?zpbw_compId...JYqRM4GofT2YAg - will keep searching for that clip!
    http://www.google.co.uk/#!brian-clough/cktd

Last edited by newarkneil; 22-09-13 at 13:04.

I've found just about everything but those few lines between Barry Davies & Cloughie. There is the bit where BC hugs BD and BD say's "what you going to do with yourself?" etc but the bit Raymondo & Forest Forever refer to and remember perfectly, just appears to have gone.
    Anyone else help please?
    http://www.google.co.uk/?zpbw_compId...YqRM4GofT2YAg#! - there are loads of great clips in here but not that bit. Will keep trying!

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by newarkneil View Post
    I've found just about everything but those few lines between Barry Davies & Cloughie. There is the bit where BC hugs BD and BD say's "what you going to do with yourself?" etc but the bit Raymondo & Forest Forever refer to and remember perfectly, just appears to have gone.
    Anyone else help please?
    http://www.google.co.uk/?zpbw_compId...YqRM4GofT2YAg#! - there are loads of great clips in here but not that bit. Will keep trying!
    Excellent links there Newarkneil

Fished that Video out of my attic last week (took me two hours to find it!!), has the full MOTD programme and I also taped the tributes of East Midlands today and some other stuff on the video as well. I must have rewinded the Clough/Davies clip 50 times I need to get it recorded onto a DVD.

I found my copy of Cloughie The Legend which was a Nottingham Evening Post souvenir in tabloid newspaper format.

There is a piece wriiten by Tommy Lawton that's titled "He's up there with soccer's very best" if anybody wants me to type it out?

I no longer have the interview with Barry Davies & BC ... got loads of clips etc but wish I had the one in question ... 'It's been a pleasure knowing you sir' ... can anyone load it onto you tube etc if they have it please? ... I will keep searching ... might even try and contact MOTD

Pm neil & i'l sort it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Is this the one?

I always end up with tears in my eyes watching this.

Our hero.

Given how great he was for us we ought to sing his name for a minute at an agreed time in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    I always end up with tears in my eyes watching this.

Our hero.

Given how great he was for us we ought to sing his name for a minute at an agreed time in every game.
    I'm all for that

Dancing in the Trent End

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post

As much as I can see your point, I think it's a bit of a scouse idea. The spontaneous Clough chants are always the best, home or away. What I would love to see however, is a flag with his face on it (Which admittely is what the scousers do as well )

Thank you for this thread, has brightened up an otherwise dull day in sunny Afghanistan. Rewatched some great docs' oh and I think I got some dust in my eye too.