Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abdoun Highlights Reel vs Middlesborough (video works this time!)

Default Abdoun Highlights Reel vs Middlesborough (video works this time!)

Youtube still wasn't having it so I uploaded to Vimeo. Should work alright now. Abdoun!

(Mods - if you could delete the dud thread that would be grand. Cheers)

Last edited by tropix; 20-09-13 at 21:50.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Abdoun Highlights Reel vs Middlesborough (video works this time!)

This fellow is superb ! ... has too be first choice on the team sheet and behind all the good things on Tuesday night ! ... We love Abdoun , I say we love Abdoun!

Banned

They were alot more highlights than that if you watched the whole game....

I feel sorry for him as hes too good for our team.

Trying to play a one two with derbyshire

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    They were alot more highlights than that if you watched the whole game....

I feel sorry for him as hes too good for our team.

Trying to play a one two with derbyshire
    I was hoping to put more in but I only had retroboy's 9 minute highlights as source material. Impossible to find the whole game

Banned

Wasnt having a go

He did a version of the Ronaldinho thing where he flicks it one way and then the other with the same foot. Way too good for this level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    He did a version of the Ronaldinho thing where he flicks it one way and then the other with the same foot. Way too good for this level.
    Yep, got a free-kick for it

was pinging the ball around aswel.

Even raddy looked poor compared to him

Yeah, from looking on youtube I can see this seems to be one of his favoured tricks so hopefully we can look forward to more of that.

Also, no highlight footage of this anywhere but there was one moment where the ball was going out from a goal kick and Abdoun stretched out and kept it in, and in one touch lifted it back over the Boro players head - it was class.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSaver View Post
    Yeah, from looking on youtube I can see this seems to be one of his favoured tricks so hopefully we can look forward to more of that.

Also, no highlight footage of this anywhere but there was one moment where the ball was going out from a goal kick and Abdoun stretched out and kept it in, and in one touch lifted it back over the Boro players head - it was class.
    Soft feet

Think that's his signature move... it's all over the Olympiakos videos. Hopefully he'll do it to Jake Buxton

Okay I might be on the verge of taking it all back and saying he's actually very good, but my main concern is that for all of his fancy flicks and tricks his end product is questionable.

He is in the trickery department what Franz Carr was to the pace department - great for that tiny aspect of his game, but as Cloughy put it "the best corner flag hitter in the business".

Quote Originally Posted by DillyBavies View Post
    Okay I might be on the verge of taking it all back and saying he's actually very good, but my main concern is that for all of his fancy flicks and tricks his end product is questionable.

He is in the trickery department what Franz Carr was to the pace department - great for that tiny aspect of his game, but as Cloughy put it "the best corner flag hitter in the business".
    You have seen something different to me then. If you look at his record before he joined us he produced the most assists in the Greek league for 3 seasons running. He was pinging crosses in against Boro but there wasn't anybody there to get on the end until Hendo was playing (hence why Hendo should be playing every game if his body can take it). As many have said he is more than happy to play the simple ball when it is on and isn't greedy. Some of the passes he made simply weren't read by players who generally aren't of the same standard.

This guy is the real deal of that there is no doubt. You are currently the only doubter but I am confident you will change your view as he plays more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    You have seen something different to me then. If you look at his record before he joined us he produced the most assists in the Greek league for 3 seasons running. He was pinging crosses in against Boro but there wasn't anybody there to get on the end until Hendo was playing (hence why Hendo should be playing every game if his body can take it). As many have said he is more than happy to play the simple ball when it is on and isn't greedy. Some of the passes he made simply weren't read by players who generally aren't of the same standard.

This guy is the real deal of that there is no doubt. You are currently the only doubter but I am confident you will change your view as he plays more often.
    By that logic then the Greek league must be of a higher standard than ours full of better quality players who do "get it".

Or their defences are woefully worse than ours and his crosses are more effective.

What I saw was not the "oh wow he just did a great trick" but the "oh wow his cross was straight onto the head of a defender" or "oh wow his "pass" went straight to one of their players" or "oh wow he just played the ball into the feet of a player surrounded by defenders" or "oh wow, he just lost the ball and 30 seconds later they've scored".

I'm looking at the end product because that is all that really matters, not the fancy footwork that lead up to it.

I really like the guy as a person, he seems from his interviews to be a genuine, honest, hard working player, but I get the feeling he'll be here for 1 or 2 seasons, not really make much of an impact, then go back to Greece.

I hope I'm utterly and totally wrong, since I want the best for Forest, and if he's Ronaldo MkII then fantastic, I just don't think he is.

By that logic then the Greek league must be of a higher standard than ours full of better quality players who do "get it".
    not really, the logic implies that Olympiakos, not the entire league, 'got him', this is a champs league team, the best team in Greece, and a team he had been playing with a lot longer than he has with us.

nice video!

From the evidence of that montage, he gave the strikers a number of shooting opportunities in the first half, while they were facing goal, they just didn't take them. What this season is proving is that our strikers really are rubbish - there was a debate last season about whether we were creative enough to score goals. But no, they're rubbish.

what a player!!! just hope he's still here after january

Or their defences are woefully worse than ours and his crosses are more effective.

What I saw was not the "oh wow he just did a great trick" but the "oh wow his cross was straight onto the head of a defender" or "oh wow his "pass" went straight to one of their players" or "oh wow he just played the ball into the feet of a player surrounded by defenders" or "oh wow, he just lost the ball and 30 seconds later they've scored".

I'm looking at the end product because that is all that really matters, not the fancy footwork that lead up to it.

I really like the guy as a person, he seems from his interviews to be a genuine, honest, hard working player, but I get the feeling he'll be here for 1 or 2 seasons, not really make much of an impact, then go back to Greece.

I hope I'm utterly and totally wrong, since I want the best for Forest, and if he's Ronaldo MkII then fantastic, I just don't think he is.
    The Greek League I would imagine is a decent level. He has played a lot at CL level and been effective there. I would like to think I can spot a decent player when I see one and he is definately that. Don't forget he is still trying to get up to match fitness so will only get better and as he gets used to Championship football and his team mates. My biggest concern is that somebody from the Prem will scout him and he will move on before we get the real benefit of his talent.

There are probably more passes to Forest players around the box in that clip, than Carr in his career with Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry Augustus View Post
    From the evidence of that montage, he gave the strikers a number of shooting opportunities in the first half, while they were facing goal, they just didn't take them. What this season is proving is that our strikers really are rubbish - there was a debate last season about whether we were creative enough to score goals. But no, they're rubbish.
    I agree we need a proper full on goal scoring striker, even B Sharp would be a good addition, but looks like we aint getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    There are probably more passes to Forest players around the box in that clip, than Carr in his career with Forest.
    Cox had at least a couple of half chances from his passes.

winnits

I think Cox was understandably shocked at the ball coming in from the flanks right to his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    The Greek League I would imagine is a decent level. He has played a lot at CL level and been effective there. I would like to think I can spot a decent player when I see one and he is definately that. Don't forget he is still trying to get up to match fitness so will only get better and as he gets used to Championship football and his team mates. My biggest concern is that somebody from the Prem will scout him and he will move on before we get the real benefit of his talent.
    I think it's easy to be swayed with the "they played CL football" argument, but the best team in any poor league gets to play CL, it doesn't mean they are actually any good, just the best of a really bad bunch.

His stats look great from his time in Greece, but you know there have been strikers for example who have had great goal scoring stats at a lower level, the vast majority can't do it at a higher level.

I hope he does really well, but I get the feeling he's a Fawaz player and isn't as good as everyone is imagining. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.
    I wouldn't worry, I think you will be.