Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    Looking Hairy

Default The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Samuel (on credit)

I genuinely can't decide. I own both the 360 and the PS3 right now and although the PS3 has won out in terms of what I use the most, I cannot make my mind up on the next gen.

On one hand, the Xbox One has Kinect, Titan Fall, Sky Go and does seem to get the best of exclusive content on multi-platform games. A lot of games are produced using Xbox gear too.

On the other hand, the PS4 is cheaper, is a better machine, has PS+ (miles better than XBL) and the big exclusive - Naughty Dog.

I think the price and prospect of Uncharted games will win out in the end, but it's close.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: PS4 or Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    I genuinely can't decide. I own both the 360 and the PS3 right now and although the PS3 has won out in terms of what I use the most, I cannot make my mind up on the next gen.

On one hand, the Xbox One has Kinect, Titan Fall, Sky Go and does seem to get the best of exclusive content on multi-platform games. A lot of games are produced using Xbox gear too.

On the other hand, the PS4 is cheaper, is a better machine, has PS+ (miles better than XBL) and the big exclusive - Naughty Dog.

I think the price and prospect of Uncharted games will win out in the end, but it's close.
    I ain't a fanboy or anything daft like that but didn't the Xbox have a red ring of death? then the 360 defo had the red ring of death meaning Microsoft didn't learn their lesson that's enough for me to stick with sony into the next gen. One of my mates has had four 360 ' S over the years all that had the red ring of doom.

I think gamers will go for PS4. XBox have incorporated internet, TV and a host of interactive services in their package. So much that could go wrong and with MS' track record, something probably will.

I'll wait out about 6 months to a year to see any problems ironed out, reviews and better deals. I'll probably still be playing with GTA 5 then anyway!

Last edited by Trents; 10-09-13 at 20:59.

Last one standing

PS4 for me. But not for another year or so, zero rush to jump straight into the next generation.

I'll probably buy the Xbox as I've had the last 2 machines and liked them. Seeing as it comes with FIFA, it makes sense to me to buy it from the start date rather than shell out for FIFA on the 360, then again for the One.

I've had 2 360s since it came out and never had a problem with XBL but then I don't game online that much. I'm used to the Xbox controller and the exclusives are more to my taste so I have no reason to change. I would like a PS4 as well when the price is right as there will be a few games I'll want to play.

Looking Hairy

XBL is a good service but if you're comparing them side to side then there's no competition. Playstation Plus gives you genuine top quality games every month for free. I can't play them quickcenough.

Samuel

I recently got Playstation Plus, I've had Saints Row 3, NFS Most Wanted and AC3 to play. That's the 40 quid paid for!

If you can only afford one then the PS4 - Sony could well become the last japanese console manufacturer and a world with JRPG and generaly japanese gaming weirdness is just too bleak to contemplate. We'll be left with millions of shooters and yearly updates and very little originality. Thus spoke the tart

Titanfall is only a timed exclusive (it's also on PC anyway) so will likely be on PS4 eventually. Also I find MS release decent games and exclusive content early to get sales then just stop bothering after a year or so, Playstation are generally better at producing exclusives in the long run.

XBL is a good service but if you're comparing them side to side then there's no competition. Playstation Plus gives you genuine top quality games every month for free. I can't play them quickcenough.
    Microsoft has just started doing it too.

If you're putting them side by side surely the determining factor of how good the online gaming is isn't how many free games you get but the speed, reliability, not having to download a million updates, the frequency of which the network gets hacked and has data stolen etc...

and how often they perv on you through kinect!

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTart View Post
    If you can only afford one then the PS4 - Sony could well become the last japanese console manufacturer and a world with JRPG and generaly japanese gaming weirdness is just too bleak to contemplate. We'll be left with millions of shooters and yearly updates and very little originality. Thus spoke the tart
    Agreed 100%.

It's going to be a PS4 for me, but probably not until next year when the inevitable teething issues have been ironed out.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Yeah, I'm slowly coming to terms with n ot having one at launch. Will buy GTA5 and maybe GT and the new FIFA to tide me over or see if I can hold onto FIFA 13 till I Get a PS4

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Microsoft has just started doing it too.

If you're putting them side by side surely the determining factor of how good the online gaming is isn't how many free games you get but the speed, reliability, not having to download a million updates, the frequency of which the network gets hacked and has data stolen etc...
    Yeh, with ancient games and not many of them. PSN has no connectivity problems at all in my experience. Fast speeds, ultra reliable and the match of XBL in every capacity. Plus it's free, PS+ is an option unlike XBL.

Bottom line, PS+ gives you cloud save files, automatic daily updates and uploads while you sleep and a range of games so good that you can't complete them quickly enough. I don't believe XBL does any of that, but costs more.

Well after seeing the that Sony have halted anymore pre orders and its expected there will be no more consoles until after Xmas I might well sell my launch day console on eBay for a nice little profit

Just so people no as good as PS+ is it will be mandatory to play online just like xbox live gold, so it won't be free anymore also Gakai which is the service that will be able to stream PS3 games won't be available until sometime in 2014.

Yeh, with ancient games and not many of them. PSN has no connectivity problems at all in my experience. Fast speeds, ultra reliable and the match of XBL in every capacity. Plus it's free, PS+ is an option unlike XBL.

Bottom line, PS+ gives you cloud save files, automatic daily updates and uploads while you sleep and a range of games so good that you can't complete them quickly enough. I don't believe XBL does any of that, but costs more.
    There is barely any difference between the 2 from the sound of it. I've paid £20 for my XBL 3 years in a row, plus made some of that back in nectar points, thank you ebay! There's no issue of loyalty for me anyway. I have not needed to use cloud, an update, you press A and it does it and XBL has always been working (unless my net is down). I'd have the same usage if I had a PS. As long as it's running ok there's no problem.

Xbox has only just started giving away free games. But they're not exactly going to give brand new games away are they! Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, AC etc aren't old enough that they aren't up to scratch now but are old enough that they won't be selling brand new copies of them.

Not sure I want Fifa 14 with Xbox One now I've played the demo. I certainly wouldn't buy it new for full price. It's more limited than ever in it's progession now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    There is barely any difference between the 2 from the sound of it. I've paid £20 for my XBL 3 years in a row, plus made some of that back in nectar points, thank you ebay! There's no issue of loyalty for me anyway. I have not needed to use cloud, an update, you press A and it does it and XBL has always been working (unless my net is down). I'd have the same usage if I had a PS. As long as it's running ok there's no problem.

Xbox has only just started giving away free games. But they're not exactly going to give brand new games away are they! Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, AC etc aren't old enough that they aren't up to scratch now but are old enough that they won't be selling brand new copies of them.

Not sure I want Fifa 14 with Xbox One now I've played the demo. I certainly wouldn't buy it new for full price. It's more limited than ever in it's progession now.
    I've heard the current gen versions of FIFA are just 13 with an update and its next gen where the improvements are made. Of course I can't verify this. XBL is pretty good better than PSN anyway but PSN is free and PS+ is way better than XBL's free games they give one game a month from years ago (AC2 can be bought for about a fiver if your desperate) but PS+ you get around 5 games with at least one from the past year of course the downside is it's more a rental than free. to each their own in the end it's still going to cost £40pa to kill people online whoever you choose.

Me I prefer Playstation and the £80 cheaper console is just icing on cake.

Ps4 for me, it's cheaper and it's supposed to be twice as fast. Simple choice really. Plus I never like Microsoft's stance on second hand games and their backtrack once the out pouring of disgust came their way. Showed they care more about money than gaming. I get they need to make money but that decision initially was wrong.

Senior Pol

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Ps4 for me, it's cheaper and it's supposed to be twice as fast. Simple choice really. Plus I never like Microsoft's stance on second hand games and their backtrack once the out pouring of disgust came their way. Showed they care more about money than gaming. I get they need to make money but that decision initially was wrong.
    I think most companies care more about the money, hence why there's a new call of duty every year along with new FIFAs and so on. They know people will buy them so there's little risk.

Not just games either, it happens with all creative media; films, telly, even books are getting like it. It seems to be the modern way, create a franchise and milk it for all its worth.

Last edited by BloodyHell; 14-09-13 at 10:49.
    "Charlie don't surf for his hamburger momma!!"

PS4 is running DDR5 RAM and Xbox1 only has DDR3 i think.

That factor alone could save approximatley 1000000 hours of your life if you play them enough.

I think I will be getting the PS4, I have both the 360 and the PS3 and just think the Xbox is all abit tacky. I'm not fussed about next gen console till Elder Scrolls Online is out anyway.

Banned

Edge have apparantly done some tests and the ps4 is approx 50% faster....

Il be getting a ps4 but not for a long time. Mostly shit games and hardware at the start of a consoles life

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Edge have apparantly done some tests and the ps4 is approx 50% faster....

Il be getting a ps4 but not for a long time. Mostly shit games and hardware at the start of a consoles life
    Fifa 14 on release... sorted

PS4