Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2206
  1. #2151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,188

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    What about blisters from doing that fucking triathlon on GTAV?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,838

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Remember that side mission in GTAV where you're just running around a desert for 30 minutes so you can join Scientology.


    That can fuck right off.

    Last edited by Liaminho; 19-07-19 at 19:44.

  4. #2153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,188

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Yup did the rubber band trick for that one Nice reward at the end of that one. What a game.


  5. #2154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,188

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    My favourite was fiddling the stock market by investing in companies and then taking out competitors to make yourself mega bucks.


  6. #2155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,188

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Two Point Hospital, basically a Theme Hospital remake, has finally been announced for consoles.


  7. #2156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,358

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Found it very hit & miss myself mate. It's well overhyped imo, the 360 Nier is WAY better all round.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    I have just finished it, played the three play throughs and got the main endings. It was one of the most depressing games I think I have ever played, there is literally no happiness in it all.


  8. #2157
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    24,533

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I don't have the patience to platinum any game. My interest would have long evaporated by the time I had completed everything needed for it.
    I got the platinums for Secret of Mana and Spider-man.

    With Mana, it was easy to get all the trophies - just time consuming. Some of the rare armour pieces took hour and hours of loot farming to acquire.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  9. #2158
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    15,900

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Probably the best fallout based meme on twitter ever created

    https://twitter.com/mightbekorra/sta...759221760?s=21


  10. #2159
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dangerously close to Infernos
    Posts
    23,657

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    FINALLY!!!

    E. Honda coming to Street Fighter V




  11. #2160
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    77,955

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    YES.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  12. #2161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,358

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Can't decide if I should get God of War, I played one of the games years ago and it seemed a bit empty and repetitive with no real story.


  13. #2162
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,692

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Can't decide if I should get God of War, I played one of the games years ago and it seemed a bit empty and repetitive with no real story.
    I think the new one looks shit tbh. The first one was fucking brilliant, but then each game after felt recycled.

    I don't like the look of the new Kratos. In the old ones he was an absolute bellend with nothing more than killing on the brain, whereas in this one he seems to be a soft touch who's caring for his son. A bit Last of Us, and that bored me senseless.


  14. #2163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    I think the new one looks shit tbh. The first one was fucking brilliant, but then each game after felt recycled.

    I don't like the look of the new Kratos. In the old ones he was an absolute bellend with nothing more than killing on the brain, whereas in this one he seems to be a soft touch who's caring for his son. A bit Last of Us, and that bored me senseless.
    Played all GOW and the latest is levels above - a true masterpiece. Yes, it's moved on from the button mash mayhem of the previous titles, and, yes, the game is more story focused, and what a story by the way, but the action sequences are epic and the heart of the old GOW is still there. The dual control aspect of Kratos and and his son is brilliantly conceived.

    GOTY for me last year.

    PS it also has one of the best weapons in all of gaming history. And, the moment where he finds...no I won't spoil it.

    Last edited by Fitzcarraldo; 03-08-19 at 09:19.

  15. #2164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,229

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    My occasional foray into this thread to ask about VR, is it on your gaming radar yet?

    doyen of boomer energy

  16. #2165
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,834

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    My occasional foray into this thread to ask about VR, is it on your gaming radar yet?
    What do you mean by radar?

    I'd love PS VR, but the price isn't quite there for me yet (and I feel a bit uneasy about buying second hand).

    I've not seen much of interest from the other makers of VR (Oculus, HTC and etc.) Because I don't think they have the pedigree to push it beyond novelty things. I don't trust Sony to get it right with their track record (Vita, PS TV, etc.) so it'd have to be cheap for me to get.


  17. #2166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Incognita
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Brought the PSVR at launch and it rarely sees the light of day. I'm more of a sit down gamer when I have a couple of hours to spare at the weekends.

    It now mostly comes out when family visit - the nephews love it.

    Saying that, had a couple of hours blast on the latest Tetris and that was good fun. Enjoyed Skyrim too but I think that was more to do with the novelty of the change in perspective on an already great game.


  18. #2167
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,692

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Played all GOW and the latest is levels above - a true masterpiece. Yes, it's moved on from the button mash mayhem of the previous titles, and, yes, the game is more story focused, and what a story by the way, but the action sequences are epic and the heart of the old GOW is still there. The dual control aspect of Kratos and and his son is brilliantly conceived.

    GOTY for me last year.

    PS it also has one of the best weapons in all of gaming history. And, the moment where he finds...no I won't spoil it.
    Sound promising.

    Has he become a fanny though? I'm tempted to give it a whirl, but I proper can't be arsed with a boring dad-son story. I want someone who's a murderous Billy Davies type anti-hero.


  19. #2168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,229

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    What do you mean by radar?

    I'd love PS VR, but the price isn't quite there for me yet (and I feel a bit uneasy about buying second hand).

    I've not seen much of interest from the other makers of VR (Oculus, HTC and etc.) Because I don't think they have the pedigree to push it beyond novelty things. I don't trust Sony to get it right with their track record (Vita, PS TV, etc.) so it'd have to be cheap for me to get.
    your answer is exactly what I mean by on your radar


  20. #2169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,229

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    So if I'm specific is Blood & Truth and/or Beat Sabre on your radar?

    ###########

    My interest here is our spatial audio engine which has a general application that includes VR and gaming is coming to the end of development and I'm starting to think about market segments again... triple AAA games is an area we're still not convinced that efforts will pay off yet, eventhough Blood & Truth is the first VR game to get to No1 on the ALL GAME CHART and Beat Sabre sales of off the chart in relative terms


  21. #2170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,838

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    My occasional foray into this thread to ask about VR, is it on your gaming radar yet?
    Bought a HTC Vive last year. Played it solidly for 2 weeks and never touched it again.

    Waste of £600 in all honesty. Only game worth playing is Super Hot.


  22. #2171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,229

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Bought a HTC Vive last year. Played it solidly for 2 weeks and never touched it again.

    Waste of £600 in all honesty. Only game worth playing is Super Hot.
    interesting. And you don't think you'll go back to it? is the lack of games? the style of games? space needed etc? set-up?

    the big shift at the moment is the untethered kit like the Oculus Quest - will that make a difference?


  23. #2172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,838

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    interesting. And you don't think you'll go back to it? is the lack of games? the style of games? space needed etc? set-up?

    the big shift at the moment is the untethered kit like the Oculus Quest - will that make a difference?
    Lack of games mainly and style. Big developers like Bethesda would rather port their existing games like skyrim and fallout to VR rather than develop a game with VR in mind. These big open world games on paper sound amazing in VR but to actually play them is a nauseous mess. I rarely get motion sickness but 30 minutes in those games is enough to make me run to the toilet.


  24. #2173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    24,188

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I've not followed VR too closely but don't think it lends itself to games you spend 100-200 hours on at all. Games like CoD/Battlefield and FIFA/sports games, when the tech is good enough, that is when VR will be cool I think.


  25. #2174
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    46,617

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Was having a chat with my eldest and his mate last night about the best way to kill a stranger in a game on online multiplayer...and in best we mean walking about behind you and kecking you, where you know the person killed will defo be pissed off it happened.

    He claims sniping someone who is camping looking for a snipe of their own, I went for the good old speculative grenade throw from distance... thinking back to the MW2 days I could land a grenade on a six pence, thoughts?

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  26. #2175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,358

    Default Re: The LTLF video game thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    A friendly fire situation always infuriates


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •