Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1836
    Not banned, just being a pillock

Default Re: PS4 or Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Fair enough! As long as you don't go proclaiming the Dreamcast was the console to end all consoles we're on the same wavelength
    My girlfriend at the times little brother got one on launch day. I only remember house of the dead being a decent game on it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bad girls do it well

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    My girlfriend at the times little brother got one on launch day. I only remember house of the dead being a decent game on it.
    I remember going round to my mates house on launch day to play on his. I hadn't been so underwhelmed since we got our Amiga CD32!

I remember going round to my mates house on launch day to play on his. I hadn't been so underwhelmed since we got our Amiga CD32!
    Underwhelmed? How do you feel for me, i genuinuely asked for a mega drive and got a phillips CDI.

Bad girls do it well

Underwhelmed? How do you feel for me, i genuinuely asked for a mega drive and got a phillips CDI.
    That thing with the ridiculous controller? I do feel for you mate

That thing with the ridiculous controller? I do feel for you mate
    My old man brought it with the encylopedia as well which was 200 quid on its own.... the CDI unit was just shy of 300... so there i was xmas day hoping for a megadrive and i had to look happy with this phillips thing... cos it was fucking expensive... the encylopedia though was to be fair, awesome.

lol

HA

Just got Star Wars Battlefront for £3.50. Can't be bad for that price surely...

Forza 5 and Oxenfree both free currently as well. Been some crackers on Xbox gold and in the sales recently. Plenty to keep me going until Red Dead 2 is out.

Picked up the new Life Is Strange and Tacoma as well. Both excellent but Tacoma is a little short for £20. Few hours gameplay, which is a shame as it's a great sort of story driven/puzzle lite game. At least it's going to a good indie developer I suppose and I did get Gone Home by the same people for bugger all.

Mate sent me this link, not a Dungeons & Dragons man but I'm definitely stoked by the 90's connection.......

https://www.finder.com/odd-gods-hands-on

Apparently whether you're good or bad depends on your music tastes. The more rebellious/Billy Davies you are, the more of a good guy you are; the more of a boyband, mainstream, corporate pussy-whipped McClaren type you are the more evil you are.

Can't wait to give it a blast and kill some Take That fans.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

As I've always been lucky to be off work/uni/school for a decent amount of time around Crimbo I've always had a 'Christmas game' to concentrate on whilst eating copious amounts of rubbish.

Last year I picked 'Beyond Two Souls' but couldn't finish it because the game was so intense on the 'feels' that I just had to abandon it and play on other things.

Well today I sat down and actually finished it and I'm just astounded by how great the game was. Like an amazing book, movie, whatever. It properly had me going. I'm an emotional wreck!

A masterpiece, but shouldn't be surprised from the guys who created Heavy Rain as well. Can't wait for Detroit now.

They see me trollin'

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but you console fairies need to a decent computer rig instead

I have one, yet still prefer my PS4 Pro.

Left Winger

Just get a Mac.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Bad girls do it well

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Just get a Mac.
    You'll need one in this bloody weather

I built a good spec PC a while back for FM/Sim City and PC gaming just doesn’t appeal to me. Slobbing on the sofa playing on a big tv with a pad and not worrying about having to upgrade the console is just fine.

I’ve not long finished Assassins Creed Origins and it’s a return to form. Leaning more towards RPG elements is the way forward for the franchise plus the game looks brilliant on Xbox One without the hype of the new consoles or 4K TVs etc (load of bollocks that is).

There were some amazing sales on a Black Friday. I got the new Wolfebstein, think that was £15 or so and Watch Dogs 2 for like a tenner, as well as a couple of other indie games for a few quid. There were some ridiculous prices.

Also sold my PS4, I played Uncharted 3 which was great and then I started Last of Us which kind of started a bit slow and I never got back into it. They are both action adventure games but not quite the masterpieces the fanboy hype would have you believe. They’re no different to the last couple of Tomb Raiders really.

Bad girls do it well

I used to build gaming rigs but I find the whole PC game ecosystem a lot more of a faff than consoles, so I just have a PS4 now, even though it's got worse specs than my old PC build. It's just easier.

Left Winger

I went to my local electronics retailer (Saturn.de) to pick up a copy of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, only to discover the version sold here is somewhat censored to remove all Nazi symbology in line with German law.

So I shall have to wait until my next trip to the U.K. to pick up the “uncensored” version there.

#FirstWorldProblems

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    As I've always been lucky to be off work/uni/school for a decent amount of time around Crimbo I've always had a 'Christmas game' to concentrate on whilst eating copious amounts of rubbish.

Last year I picked 'Beyond Two Souls' but couldn't finish it because the game was so intense on the 'feels' that I just had to abandon it and play on other things.

Well today I sat down and actually finished it and I'm just astounded by how great the game was. Like an amazing book, movie, whatever. It properly had me going. I'm an emotional wreck!

A masterpiece, but shouldn't be surprised from the guys who created Heavy Rain as well. Can't wait for Detroit now.
    Picked both those up in a 2-in-1 PS4 package over Xmas, but they were both scratched to fuck and wouldn't work so took 'em back.

Will get again later in the year.

I'm not sure you'd be into 'em Alf. They're like playable films.

Finished Yakuza 0 over the weekend. What a mental, fun, and funny video game. An open world game set near Osaka and Tokyo in 1988 playing as two hard as nails Japanese blokes trying to save someone.

Got Yakuza Kiwami on the go now, can't wait to play 6 in March!

Well into single player games at the moment, retreated a bit from online games as CoD turned into a bit of a letdown in the end. Really enjoy escaping for an hour or so everyday.

Best served cold

I've been playing Mass Effect Andromeda as it's free on EA Access. With all the negative reaction it got I went in with really low expectations but have ended up enjoying it. It's not as good as the previous 3 Mass Effect games but it's not as bad as people made out.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Definitely getting old. I got a few games for Xmas, and have had that much trouble getting them to actually work it's riddick.

One I played about 5 hours of, then the PS4 downloaded an update, and then it wouldn't load the save.

Consoles are fucking stupid now IMO. They're trying to be PC's, and it's rank for those of us just just like to plug in & play.

Updates, patches, fixes etc. Oh for the day when they'd just release a good finished game which worked.

Bad girls do it well

I've been hammering Street Fighter V of late but boy is it brutal online. Some of these guys must spend entire weeks practising.

Still waiting for the Final Fantasy VII remake which will probably never materialise

I've been hammering Street Fighter V of late but boy is it brutal online. Some of these guys must spend entire weeks practising.

Still waiting for the Final Fantasy VII remake which will probably never materialise
    Played through FF4 over Xmas whilst I was badly. Really enjoyed it tbh, even though it's old it was still a simple fun game, and funky little story.

Bad girls do it well

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Played through FF4 over Xmas whilst I was badly. Really enjoyed it tbh, even though it's old it was still a simple fun game, and funky little story.
    Have you ever played FF6 Alf? Generally considered the best of the series. I only played it for the first time last year and it is indeed a cracker. Definitely worth a go if you're into FF / RPGs.

Have you ever played FF6 Alf? Generally considered the best of the series. I only played it for the first time last year and it is indeed a cracker. Definitely worth a go if you're into FF / RPGs.
    It's on the list mate. Gonna work through em chronilogically (I started at 4 coz the others just felt too old, but 4 took me back to the SNES days).

Started 5 t'other week and chipping away at it. Love it so far, great combat system, very different. Have played 10 back when I had a bone graft and was housebound for a few months in my 20's. Thought it was mint.