Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Martin

Default Lee Martin

Martin to return to Old Trafford

Martin has not featured for Forest in recent games

Nottingham Forest midfielder Lee Martin will return to Manchester United when his loan spell ends.

Martin, who has not featured in recent weeks for the Reds, will return to Old Trafford after Forest's match at Norwich City on 28 December.

Manager Colin Calderwood has said talks are ongoing to try and keep loaned players Lee Camp and Joel Lynch at the City Ground beyond the end of the year.

Their loan spells also expire after the Norwich match.

Calderwood also announced Forest defender Wes Morgan will have to undergo hernia surgery.

Calderwood told the club website: "As long as he is okay to play and train we will leave it for now but monitor things carefully.

"He needs an operation and we will look at the opportune moment to do that."

Source:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...st/7797704.stm

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Lee Martin

If he start walking he can get the Manchester by the 28th :P

One game wonder really, He has got talent. If he ever showed it.
    He's been to so many clubs on loan, not really done much for any

I don't think it'd be fair to completely judge him based on what we've seen. We've seen the good and the bad, both in equal amounts. He's not really had a prolonged run to get into his stride. He's obviously a talented lad.

Really, we got him in because Anderson, Davies, Moussi, Earnshaw, Tyson, Garner and McGugan etc had injuries. Now we're not struggling for players and he understandably struggles to get into the squad.

He helped us win at least one game, so thanks for that cracking goal Lee!

nakkernino del clusto

Rather have his loan extended than Lynch's

Quote Originally Posted by clusternakker
    Rather have his loan extended than Lynch's
    Once Benno is back to 100% fitness, I expect Lynch will be there simply to cover him (in my opinion hes adequate as cover).

Martin leaving will free up a loan slot, as will signing Lee Camp permanently in january (I assume Colin will be attempting too)

With Porter rumoured to be signing for us, and 2 potential additional loan signings, our squad could look better in january IF we finally get the january transfer maket right

Thank god!

Don't get me wrong I refuse to deny he has talent somewhere. Very arrogant though remember this loan spell was supposedly meant to be him fighting for a permanant move. I have never seen any desire to want to play for us from him.

He will never make it in football because he thinks he is a lot better than he is. Maybe he has been talking to Ronaldo too much?

I think a lot of people will say he is great and think it has to be the case solely because he is from Manchester United. One of my mates told me after watching him he should've an automatic spot in the side each week. Turns out he only saw him against Watford! For me he has never impressed in any other game this season.

His highlight should be the pathetic dive he made when 1 on 1 with Speroni when we played Palace at home never seen such a bad attempt from a Man Utd player before! Sir Alex will be ashamed!

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    Very arrogant though remember this loan spell was supposedly meant to be him fighting for a permanant move.
    Who said that? A few people on here perhaps, but I don't recall any club official or the player himself saying anything like that. This is a bit like when you repeatedly posted saying Paul Fletcher was supposed to be a "hard man" when nobody ever said anything like that, especially the press and player himself.

I think a lot of people will say he is great and think it has to be the case solely because he is from Manchester United.
    Again, I don't think there were many, if any, people that said he was great "solely" because he's a Man Utd player.

winnits

The interesting thing is whenever Forest players are doing the 'in the community' type stuff, Martin is usually amongst them - hospital visits and suchlike. That's not the actions of someone who's arrogant and desperate to get away.

Fair play to him, and I for one am sorry that things didn't seem to work out.

Victor Meldrew

I think he was actually very humble. Our humblest loan star since Michael Stewart. I think we should keep him, he'll be brilliant in three years time. What we should have done was get him a Pizza delivery round. It's hard to be arrogant whilst doing that. The helmet would also have spoiled his hundred quid haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Santasleftpeg
    Who said that? A few people on here perhaps, but I don't recall any club official or the player himself saying anything like that. This is a bit like when you repeatedly posted saying Paul Fletcher was supposed to be a "hard man" when nobody ever said anything like that, especially the press and player himself.
    He did say that himself. When he first came here he did interviews with the NEP saying how pleased he was with his new found role at the club and how it was now time to look for regular first team football and settle down here. He most definately wanted a permanant at the beginning. He came in and either stated it or was suggesting and implying it. Carl Fletcher came in and was described by both OS and NEP as a "hard man" It was one of his key attributes apparently. I think anyone that feels he did well in his time here should look to someone defending him, cannot even remember his first name when he only went a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Santasleftpeg
    Again, I don't think there were many, if any, people that said he was great "solely" because he's a Man Utd player.
    I don't mean to patronise anyone on here with that statement but it certainly seemed to be the case amongst many. Some on here and some I talk to out of this forum but it was all a similar thing. I know alot of people at school eventually admitted the fact he was from Man Utd was the basis of thier decision that he was a good player. Same on here in the early stages of his loan spell people used to defend him with the idea that "Man Utd would not still have him on their books if he was a rubbish player" I don't and didn't base my opinions on the club he came from but how he played for us. Therefore he is a poor player in my eyes.

To support my view on how he played for us let's consider: He played for Sheffield United last year and they may have been interested aswell as ourselves this year, if he was that good they would've been offering him a permanant deal. The amount of championship clubs Martin has been on loan to over the past few years is huge and not one of them has offered him a permanant move including a struggling side in the relegation zone with injury issues and a low amount of attacking prospects... Good player he is.

Well everyone has there opinions but I think I would like to see him be successful somewhere as I don't take enjoyment seeing players fail especially young ones.

Well, I've just read the articles on Carl Fletcher on the OS (not that I needed to) and not once was the term "hard man" used. Terms like "ball winner" and "hard working" were though. I suspect it's the same in the NEP.

There's not a lot about Lee Martin on the OS either, let alone him talking about permanant moves.

I think you need to go to Specsavers and get "your eyes" tested.

Saw Lee Martin down nottingham city centre last friday night , so i thought i would ask him about what he thinks to colin calderwood , he said to me that colin is not the right man for forest and has not given him the time at the club and he thinks us the fans deserve better this season and the only way to do that is to drive coliin calderwood out of the club he also said he is sad to be going back to manchester united and hopes to come back to us in near future when we have a new manager , but he had been drinking so lol .

nakkernino del clusto

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-One
    Saw Lee Martin down nottingham city centre last friday night , so i thought i would ask him about what he thinks to colin calderwood , he said to me that colin is not the right man for forest and has not given him the time at the club and he thinks us the fans deserve better this season and the only way to do that is to drive coliin calderwood out of the club he also said he is sad to be going back to manchester united and hopes to come back to us in near future when we have a new manager , but he had been drinking so lol .
    As you say he'd been drinking, but really, what would he know whats right for Forest, all he truly knows is that he should have put more effort in.

Labelling him arrogant or rubbish based on his performances for Forest is just plain daft. He is undoubtedly a skillful player - he's fast, has a good first touch and has the technical ability to beat a defender.

Unfortunately he tended to try to beat the same defender over and over, and often picked the wrong attacking option. Defensively he was shocking, but not due to laziness - he just didn't have a clue how to tackle or how to position himself.

These are problems that can be sorted out through good coaching - he has the potential to be a very good player. He needs to be at a club where a manager will force him to learn the basics of the game and give him a clip around the earhole when he overdoes the showboating. That's man utd's job, not ours - unless he were to sign for us full time (which obviously isn't going to happen).

Ultimately it's probably the right decision to let him go back to Man Utd - we need players who are going to produce results for us straight away, not 12 months down the line. But then again, were Anderson to get injured we would be left painfully short of creative midfield options.

I think he is one of those players where one day it might all click into place and he will be a top class player. It will only happen though if he shows a bit more maturity and hard work.

I have read several stories on here about Lee Martin talking to fans in nightclubs, on facebook and at the ground and not saying very constructive things. If these stories are true he has to learn to accept the manager is in charge, whoever he is and just get his head down and work.

If he shows a more mature and professional attitude he has the attributes to be a decent Premiership/ championship playerr. If he dosn't then football is full of players with unrealised potential because their head was in the wrong place. He will join them in the reserves / lower league/ non league.

[quote=mouldy ]

He will never make it in football because he thinks he is a lot better than he is. Maybe he has been talking to Ronaldo too much?

Yeah Ronaldo's well shit.

[quote=Zeus ]

Yeah Ronaldo's well s**t.
    Yeah well Ronaldo is still an arrogant twat.

Lee Martin shows a lot of similarities. Over does everything, works hard when he wants to and enjoys the odd dive here and there.

At least Ronaldo can show his true potential.

All I can do is judge him based on his performances for forest. Based on his performances for forest he is a crap player. Attitude and ability wise. If he was a talented player that needed a bit of coaching Sheffield United or we would've snapped him up. A manager at this level should be able to see someones potential we did with McCleary, McGugan etc. and gave them oppurtunities to prove themselves. Martin came in we gave him his oppurtunity and now he is heading back to Man Utd.

nakkernino del clusto

Ronaldo is the best player in the world though. Martin shows no similarities to Ronaldo whatsoever.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world though. Martin shows no similarities to Ronaldo whatsoever.
    In terms of talent and ability no.

In terms of attitude most definately yes.

There is a certain arrogance. He may not show it when talking to people or in front of the cameras when being interviewed but he most certainly demonstrates when playing. Selfishness on the ball, taking on too many players and doing all these fancy flicks etc. showing off essentially.

Ronaldo can do this because he has the ability and talent to do so. Martin can't so he plays badly and makes himself look daft.

nakkernino del clusto

In terms of talent and ability no.

In terms of attitude most definately yes.

There is a certain arrogance. He may not show it when talking to people or in front of the cameras when being interviewed but he most certainly demonstrates when playing. Selfishness on the ball, taking on too many players and doing all these fancy flicks etc. showing off essentially.

Ronaldo can do this because he has the ability and talent to do so. Martin can't so he plays badly and makes himself look daft.
    Ronaldo's attitude and application to football is what has brought him on to become the best player in the world, the development from when he first arrived to current situation has been phenomenal, a lot is coaching but the aptitude and attitude of the player must be spot on. Take Rooney for example, another great talent but hasn't progressed in the way Ronaldo has, and that is down to attitude.

Ronaldo's attitude and application to football is what has brought him on to become the best player in the world, the development from when he first arrived to current situation has been phenomenal, a lot is coaching but the aptitude and attitude of the player must be spot on. Take Rooney for example, another great talent but hasn't progressed in the way Ronaldo has, and that is down to attitude.
    Ronaldo spends more time on his arse than he does on his feet. That is bad attitude in anyones books.

He signs long term agreements then decides to tell the world how he would rather go play for Real Madrid than his current club. He demands large sums of money per week in order for Man Utd to keep him.

Then he comes on after games claiming he needs more protection from referees after dramatic, over the top drops to the floor and rolling around for about 5 minutes screaming in "agony"

That is no good attitude. I am sure before he became a big star he worked hard and was a good player now he has the money and the fame though his attitude has gone in the complete reverse.

Mouldy you do truly talk some tripe...... Martin has already made it in football you fool he is a professional player earning money you can only dream of. He will find his niche somewhere but not with us. Getting into comparisons to Ronaldo just makes you look daft frankly. His attitude is good enough to make him an international, a top goal scorer, a player any club in the world would jump at with fees in the 100 million mentioned.

His theatrics are in part no worse than any other continental player and also in some way as a direct result of the battering he gets in every game. Martin is in no way shape or form any where in his league in any department.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Red
    Mouldy you do truly talk some tripe...... Martin has already made it in football you fool he is a professional player earning money you can only dream of. He will find his niche somewhere but not with us. Getting into comparisons to Ronaldo just makes you look daft frankly. His attitude is good enough to make him an international, a top goal scorer, a player any club in the world would jump at with fees in the 100 million mentioned.

His theatrics are in part no worse than any other continental player and also in some way as a direct result of the battering he gets in every game. Martin is in no way shape or form any where in his league in any department.
    I am only comparing attitudes not talents. Something which I made quite clear in an earlier post. If people cannot accept this guy is not good enough that isn't my problem please feel free to give him the benefit of the doubt for whatever ridiculous excuses you choose to compliment him with. I am judging him based on what I've seen on him and he is a Ronaldo wannabe that's all I'm saying. Nani at Man Utd is also a Ronaldo wannabe and doesn't mind making it obvious either at least he has some talent to get into the Man Utd side though.