Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Most Successful Transfer Window?

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Most Successful Transfer Window?

Can't think of any others that were better post-Prem?

Seems as if things are working well together at top level too

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...s-1039265.aspx

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies has spoken to Forest Player of his delight at the dealings he and his chairman made during the summer transfer window.
    The Reds saw an influx of nine new signings, all of which have contributed to a fantastic start to the new season.

Forest were working on deals for four new players right up until Monday’s deadline but opted to pull out of negotiations after seeing valuations rise beyond a level they deemed sensible.

And the manager was fully supportive of his chairman’s decisions.

The Reds boss said: “The one thing you can’t do is criticise the enthusiasm and commitment of Fawaz and his family. Before I came into the club, and ever since, he has given absolutely fantastic support and he’s tried to do all he can to move this club forward.

“At the same time he’s a very good businessman – he knows the valuation of certain things and certain people. We will not be bullied in to paying over the odds for players who we don’t think meet the valuation.

“The chairman and I are very proud of the business we have done in the transfer market. We’ve brought in nine players, spent over £5million and done a good bit of business by selling Adlene Guedioura to Crystal Palace – we got some very good money for him.

“Of course, we missed out on some key signings but a valuation is a valuation. We won’t be stupid – we had a certain figure in mind for each player which we weren’t prepared to go above.

“All in all I’m delighted with the business we’ve done - it’s been a very positive transfer window for the club.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Most Successful Transfer Window?

But what happens when the Gueddy money runs out?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies has spoken to Forest Player of his delight at the dealings he and his chairman made during the summer transfer window.
    The Reds saw an influx of nine new signings, all of which have contributed to a fantastic start to the new season.

Forest were working on deals for four new players right up until Monday’s deadline but opted to pull out of negotiations after seeing valuations rise beyond a level they deemed sensible.

The Reds boss said: “The one thing you can’t do is criticise the enthusiasm and commitment of Fawaz and his family. Before I came into the club, and ever since, he has given absolutely fantastic support and he’s tried to do all he can to move this club forward.

“At the same time he’s a very good businessman – he knows the valuation of certain things and certain people. We will not be bullied in to paying over the odds for players who we don’t think meet the valuation.

“The chairman and I are very proud of the business we have done in the transfer market. We’ve brought in nine players, spent over £5million and done a good bit of business by selling Adlene Guedioura to Crystal Palace – we got some very good money for him.

“Of course, we missed out on some key signings but a valuation is a valuation. We won’t be stupid – we had a certain figure in mind for each player which we weren’t prepared to go above.

“All in all I’m delighted with the business we’ve done - it’s been a very positive transfer window for the club.”
    Yeah I'd say so even with the late departure of Guedioura which has order the mood a little. Defensively we have made great signings for astute fees. Billy said we have paid out £5m but with Pep going out it means that we have only outlayed around £2.5m which is great business.

I really don't think we can complain, as long as we follow it up with 3 or 4 strong loans then we should do well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFaithful View Post
    But what happens when the Gueddy money runs out?!
    At least we'll certainly know that it IS Adidas.

Not that type of player

Has Billy Davies been replaced by a Stepford Wives robot?

“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.”

Summer 2009: Camp, Gunter, McKenna, Anderson, Moussi, Majewski (loan), McGoldrick, Adebola, Blackstock.

These signings turned us from relegation fodder into top-2 contenders. I'd argue that it was probably a more successful window because of the marked difference it made to the side's prospects. I think that with this summer's signings we can expect to improve on last year's 8th place finish, but it remains to be seen if we can compete with the likes of QPR, Watford and Reading over the course of a full season.

I would say last season was very successful. Not because of who we got, but simply because we basically built a team from scratch (excluding a few players). Based on productivity last season definately has to be up there. This season we are building around that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I would say last season was very successful. Not because of who we got, but simply because we basically built a team from scratch (excluding a few players). Based on productivity last season definately has to be up there. This season we are building around that team.
    Great shout. Last season was so good from my POV because the speed at which we acquired players. Some of them have priven to be substandard to what we need to go up (Collins, Gillet etc.) but as squad players they are still good, and considering the few weeks which SOD had to get players it's a massive from me

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Summer 2009: Camp, Gunter, McKenna, Anderson, Moussi, Majewski (loan), McGoldrick, Adebola, Blackstock.

These signings turned us from relegation fodder into top-2 contenders. I'd argue that it was probably a more successful window because of the marked difference it made to the side's prospects. I think that with this summer's signings we can expect to improve on last year's 8th place finish, but it remains to be seen if we can compete with the likes of QPR, Watford and Reading over the course of a full season.
    A great window, that's for sure. What's apparent in both is that we signed players who addressed problem areas and did so very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

#unfinisheddishes

Rice 34

For me it was last year, we rebuilt a sorry team that barely survived and then started pre season with 9 or so senior players, none of which were defenders, that squad finished 8th and had a great shot at promotion for quite a bit of the season. Signings of Guedioura, Sharp, Lansbury were extremely exciting at the time.

No doubting this year we have improved the squad but we wouldn't have been able to without last year's foundations.

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Has alf been replaced by jwjw?

Quote Originally Posted by porks View Post
    Has alf been replaced by jwjw?
    Eh For comparing different transfer windows due to an article on the OS?

Have you been replaced by Teflon Tim?

Banned

It reminds me of the 'superduper public relations' thread thats all...just saying

It reminds me of the 'superduper public relations' thread thats all...just saying
    gotchya. Fair enough!

And we all know what the outcome of that thread was

Not that type of player

#unfinisheddishes

Yea looking at that that was also a very good window and we signed players in pretty much every position. This summer was also very good, but I just think we missed out particularly on a goalscorer, and obviously ultimately lacking a Defensive mid after selling gued. But our squad is bigger now than it was then anyway. Think we do at least need to get an out and out striker and dcm in on loan to have a really good season. Good that billy says he's happy and wasn't prepared to go over the odds on deadline day etc, though you can tell there's a tinge of disappointment. But we just have to get on with it, and difference is now compared with 09/10 we've got the ability to spend again in January to give us that final push in 2nd half of season

How can a window were we bought McGoldrick and Adebola be successful

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum

I was more than pleased with the transfers, I was not upset the fact that we sold Gueds, just the fact we didn't get more money or had a replacement for him lined up, as I said big clubs dont sell ther better players in the last few hours without getting an overpriced fee or a replacement ready. We have made some great signings but clearly lack a striker, but their is another window coming. My concern is last bit what Billy said that they had valuations and did not want to be overpriced, I could of told them from day one that Sako and Leadbitter were not leaving unless you give them what they want Wolves chairman said its either 4 mill or he is not going. We sold Guediora in the last hours and gave the courtesy to Palace not to overprice where everyone else is making us pay large prices, the management team has to see this, just because we let our players go for their worth does not mean anyone else will.

Nothing to do with our transfer window, but West Brom took Lee camp on a rolling contract. I saw a Stoke v West Brom Under 21 team sheet on SSN today and Lee Camp was in goal for West Brom U21s.So he's getting to play regularly.

Banned

This!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    For me it was last year, we rebuilt a sorry team that barely survived and then started pre season with 9 or so senior players, none of which were defenders, that squad finished 8th and had a great shot at promotion for quite a bit of the season. Signings of Guedioura, Sharp, Lansbury were extremely exciting at the time.

No doubting this year we have improved the squad but we wouldn't have been able to without last year's foundations.
    ...and this!

I'd say last year too given the circumstances. Say what you want about SO'D but he helped put together a very good squad in six weeks.