Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,013 of 1013

Thread: Liam Bridcutt

  1. #1001
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,488

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Flattered to decieve in the end. The idea of Bridcutt was much better than the reality.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #1002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    I hope it works out for him and Bolton. Hate to see a team really going through it like they are.

    That is for the fans; for the rest it's a job, for the fans it's a life.


  4. #1003
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,235

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    A good player, and one that should've featured more for Forest to prevent the endless search for more midfielders capable.

    We've finally, it seems, stumbled across ones that are going to get a run of games/seasons. But then I thought that about Bridcutt/Yacob/Bouchalakis. Let's hope we stick behind them and put trust in them for years to come, because Bridcutt deserved better.


  5. #1004
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,870

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Him & Murphs stood out in the preseason bomb squad games. Might not be up to the task here, but still got plenty to offer a side with lesser ambitions.

    Good luck t'lad

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  6. #1005
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    22,068

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Is he on loan - or can we move him to the ex-players section?


  7. #1006
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,280

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    I always wonder if certain players simply don’t fit into the ‘personality’ of the team or manager.

    Because quite often you see players who have higher ability than others get left behind, without being given much of a chance. They can fit into the style of play, so it’s not that.

    Anyway, good luck. A 30 year old captain with energy who can hold well in midfield. Not a bad signing for Bolton.


  8. #1007
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    24,941

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I always wonder if certain players simply don’t fit into the ‘personality’ of the team or manager.

    Because quite often you see players who have higher ability than others get left behind, without being given much of a chance. And they can fit into the style of play, so it’s not that.

    Anyway, good luck. A 30 year old captain with energy who can hold well in midfield. Not a bad signing for Bolton.
    I agree with the principle but Bridcutt wasn't played by Karanka, MON and now Lamouchi


  9. #1008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,669

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I agree with the principle but Bridcutt wasn't played by Karanka, MON and now Lamouchi
    It is an odd one, he was only occasionally fantastic but was also rarely awful. His performance last season against the Geordies was brilliant.


  10. #1009
    Menior Sember
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dystopian Future
    Posts
    24,941

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    It is an odd one, he was only occasionally fantastic but was also rarely awful. His performance last season against the Geordies was brilliant.
    Like I said in a previous post I don't think he really did much wrong. Weird how several managers haven't played him, but then I guess we haven't exactly been light in midfield for the past few years.


  11. #1010
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,669

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Like I said in a previous post I don't think he really did much wrong. Weird how several managers haven't played him, but then I guess we haven't exactly been light in midfield for the past few years.
    Yeah you're probably right.


  12. #1011
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38,870

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    I think Bridcutt simply suffered from being too small in stature for the managers which followed Warbs.


  13. #1012
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    22,068

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Ultimately he was a player with a good attitude, even when left out in the cold for large periods - who put in a shift on the pitch and wasn't afraid to go in with a bit of bite - something which we completely lacked at the time he was signed. All things which are looked on favorably by fans.

    But as I've said many times before, his completely lack of a footballing brain, meant he rarely took up ideal positions and was easily dragged out, exposing the defenders he was meant to be shielding. A crucial failing which drove his previous managers - not just here - to leave him out. It was overlooked earlier in his career as something he could learn as he got older. The fact he never has is why he's now slipping down the leagues.


  14. #1013
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    16,708

    Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Ultimately he was a player with a good attitude, even when left out in the cold for large periods - who put in a shift on the pitch and wasn't afraid to go in with a bit of bite - something which we completely lacked at the time he was signed. All things which are looked on favorably by fans.

    But as I've said many times before, his completely lack of a footballing brain, meant he rarely took up ideal positions and was easily dragged out, exposing the defenders he was meant to be shielding. A crucial failing which drove his previous managers - not just here - to leave him out. It was overlooked earlier in his career as something he could learn as he got older. The fact he never has is why he's now slipping down the leagues.
    Yura bout right Cong, I liked his style and liked him in the team. He was a bit dive in last minute and did get dragged out leaving us a bit exposed so probably explains why he didn't cement a place and was overlooked.

    Never mind, he's history and we can look forward to midfielders with brains who can get us up, I'm just not quite sure who these chaps are?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •