Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Bridcutt

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Liam Bridcutt

......and in full training-kit and bib which, as suspected, clearly suggests that someone on social-media was indulging in a little attention-seeking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Seems the rumours were true but it wasn't as bad as first feared...

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Bridcutt should be captain. Heís excellent. If we can find another midfielder to complement him and replace Vaughan long-term, I think weíll really see the best of him.

I wonder if Warburton dreams of a Bridcutt/McGinn partnership and how good that would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Watson?

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

Praised in the post-match interview by AK, who also tried to explain why he didn't play so far ("he was playing very well when I came here, very unlucky with cards and then injury").

Not banned, just being a pillock

Played well when on

Left Winger

In my humble opinion, I thought his introduction turned the game in our favour.

ĄThe revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.ď

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Something definitely changed the tempo and shape and I donít think it was Vellios.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    +1

I would also like to add that even now, 21 league games later that Jonny Owen pre game montage gives me a raging hard on.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I would also like to add that even now, 21 league games later that Jonny Owen pre game montage gives me a raging hard on.
    Itís absolutely brilliant, isnít it?

ďI hope nobody is stupid enough to write us off?Ē

Not that type of player

It is absolutely brilliant.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    Something definitely changed the tempo and shape and I don’t think it was Vellios.
    Ipswich sat deeper & deeper.

Iím a big fan of Bridcutt and IMO would have him over Colback at the start of next season

There is a lot to like about his enthusiasm and his willingness to want the ball but it's still Colback for me if I had to choose between the two. Just a better passer forward and reads the game better.

Our problem is playing both Watson/Colback and then our transition forward is too slow with the the full-backs, wide-players & #10 not having enough options between them so we probably need a #8 who can creative pass to allow these player more space and time.

Thought he did well off the bench yesterday.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    Something definitely changed the tempo and shape and I donít think it was Vellios.
    Velios made an impact just by being there. Having a second striker gave the Ipswich defence more to think about and Brereton some space to manoeuvre.
    Thatís not belittling Bridcutts impact either. I thought LB did very well too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Our problem is playing both Watson/Colback and then our transition forward is too slow with the the full-backs, wide-players & #10 not having enough options between them so we probably need a #8 who can creative pass to allow these player more space and time.
    Exactly how I see it too. Colback and Watson are both brilliant but if you put what they offered in a Venn diagram I think it'd almost look like one circle.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Exactly how I see it too. Colback and Watson are both brilliant but if you put what they offered in a Venn diagram I think it'd almost look like one circle.
    You reckon we can find someone from the continent for the 'Clayton role' or we will look closer to home ? Realistically he wants the loan players and we need a LB and CF. That is the sort of needs we require.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I’m a big fan of Bridcutt and IMO would have him over Colback at the start of next season
    Yep, same here.

Would have Colback and Bridcutt and utilise them both, sometimes in the same team. Colback against teams who are more slick in possession (Brentford, Fulham), Bridcutt against teams who need it up them a bit more (Cardiff, Millwall) and both against sides who have a bit of both (Villa, Boro).

As for a number 8, Cash *might* be able to do it, with a bit of work over summer. Certainly has the energy to get up and down the pitch, just needs to improve that first touch and decision making a little bit so not to slow down attacks and not get caught on the ball. He'll still probably be used out wide but it's an option, as is Osborn.

.k I m
    I m u mm

You reckon we can find someone from the continent for the 'Clayton role' or we will look closer to home ? Realistically he wants the loan players and we need a LB and CF. That is the sort of needs we require.
    Not sure to be honest. There's the interview where he said he watched Clayton play against his Boro side for Huddersfield when he was first in the job and knew he wanted to sign him for the role after 10 minutes. Watching videos of how Boro played with Clayton in the team under Karanka you can make a solid argument for him (or that position/role) being the most important on the pitch in Karanka's set up. So there's an argument for him just paying a bit more and getting Clayton; he knows the tactics and what Karanka will expect from him and knows the Championship.

Especially makes sense if there's a chance he'll be available with Pulis rebuilding.

Do you reckon Yates sticks around to be 4th or 5th choice centre mid next season? Or would a 6 month loan to a newly promoted team make more sense?

Not sure to be honest. There's the interview where he said he watched Clayton play against his Boro side for Huddersfield when he was first in the job and knew he wanted to sign him for the role after 10 minutes. Watching videos of how Boro played with Clayton in the team under Karanka you can make a solid argument for him (or that position/role) being the most important on the pitch in Karanka's set up. So there's an argument for him just paying a bit more and getting Clayton; he knows the tactics and what Karanka will expect from him and knows the Championship.

Especially makes sense if there's a chance he'll be available with Pulis rebuilding.

Do you reckon Yates sticks around to be 4th or 5th choice centre mid next season? Or would a 6 month loan to a newly promoted team make more sense?
    Would keep him. Watson, Colback, Bridcutt, Yates as your pivot options, with Cash and Osborn if you're desperate.

Looks pretty shit hot to me, better than anything we've had in yonks.

No need to keep Cohen, Vaughan or Bouchalakis then, frees up some monies for other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Would keep him. Watson, Colback, Bridcutt, Yates as your pivot options, with Cash and Osborn if you're desperate.

Looks pretty shit hot to me, better than anything we've had in yonks.

No need to keep Cohen, Vaughan or Bouchalakis then, frees up some monies for other positions.
    Guedioura as well though, which means Yates likely to be pushed to 5th choice? Would hate for his progress to suffer just because of the numbers in the squad.

As you guys mention. We still have options and it may be tough for Yates unless we actually create the space for him. Pre-season will be important but then again there is limited time.

In an ideal world Scunny are promoted and we have the option open for him to return.

Gueddy is an interesting scenario. He is playing now but how much does that mean ? Wouldn't say he was an obvious choice at Boro in the short time they were together there. But on his game he does bring the creativity and risk others don't. But there is serious question marks if he still has it anymore. I wonder if he would return to France if we could arrange it and it suited all parties.

As you guys mention. We still have options and it may be tough for Yates unless we actually create the space for him. Pre-season will be important but then again there is limited time.

In an ideal world Scunny are promoted and we have the option open for him to return.

Gueddy is an interesting scenario. He is playing now but how much does that mean ? Wouldn't say he was an obvious choice at Boro in the short time they were together there. But on his game he does bring the creativity and risk others don't. But there is serious question marks if he still has it anymore. I wonder if he would return to France if we could arrange it.
    Again I think pre-season is important for Pep, was worried his motor wouldn't be ticking as it once was and that it wouldn't take long for fans to get on his back for it. Didn't see the game yesterday but it sounds as though he had a bit of a stinker. If he can get properly fit in pre-season I think he'll still be a valuable option, like you say he offers something a bit different.

Keep Brid at all costs. A very good footballer.