Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Earnshaw fact

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    258

    Default Earnshaw fact

    Never knew this!
    "Did you know?: Earnshaw is the only player to have scored hat-tricks in The Premier League, every division of The Football League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and at international level"

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    It's only been posted on here about three thousand times.
    I was posting it as a joke on the other Earnshaw threads as it had come up so often.


  4. #3
    twitter.com/askyourbrief
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,275

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    This is brand new information!

    It might get lost in a thread like this, we'd better start a new thread!


  5. #4
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,369

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    "Did you know?: Paul Ince is black" ?


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Did you know Commons is a fat b*****d-whore-bag?


  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,612

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie
    Did you know Commons is a fat b*****d-whore-bag?
    Did you say that when he scored against Yeovil ?, last day of the season


  8. #7
    twitter.com/askyourbrief
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,275

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie
    Did you know Commons is a fat b*****d-whore-bag?
    As in a bag of prostitutes?

    What is this?

    I'm sure you wouldn't have acted ever so differently if you were in his situation. Lay off.


  9. #8
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Did you say that when he scored against Yeovil ?, last day of the season
    I doubt many people were.

    I really don't like the way he's being treat by some fans.

    It's ridiculous to think anyone would turn down such a dramatic increase in wages.

    Talk to me, Goose.

  10. #9
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,369

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Chap
    I'm sure you wouldn't have acted ever so differently if you were in his situation. Lay off.
    Indeed. I've not said this so far, but the level of criticism being labelled at Kris is beginning to reflect badly on us. I'm lead to believe, by someone close to Kris, that money wasn't quite the factor that some would have you believe. It was common knowledge on this board that Kris has had personal problems during this season and that making a fresh start somewhere new, to get away from bad memories, was foremost in his thinking.


  11. #10
    twitter.com/askyourbrief
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,275

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Exactly.

    We all remember why he had to take a few weeks out mid-season.

    If he can no longer do a job here because of certain things, then he did well to see out his contract then move on.

    He's given the club some good memories, and I wish him luck for the future.

    He hasn't even signed for Derby yet, anyway!


  12. #11
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    21,369

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Capello
    although guess that's where the hat-tricks end

    none in the bedroom, the true hat-trick of the modern footballer (face like a bag of spanners)
    It hasn't held Ronaldinho back...


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    He deserves everything he gets.

    Yes it is easy to say no to an increase in wages, especially if you dont need it, and especially if it involves going to your 'boyhood clubs' rivals.

    I hope he spends his pay rise wisely, like on extra security.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,454

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    I doubt many people were.

    I really don't like the way he's being treat by some fans.

    It's ridiculous to think anyone would turn down such a dramatic increase in wages.
    I would, if I was a supoosed Forest fan, playing for Forest.


  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,612

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Forest supported Commons and his wife through the nightmare they suffered.

    Commons move is based on two facts, CC will not guarantee him first team football week in week out, thus appearence money and bonus's are affected to a high degree, reflected in his income. No player at Forest is able to sit back and relax on a hgh wage now unless they are performing in the first team.

    Derby's offer eclipsed anything Forest were prepared to even talk about offering him, so he has or will shortly join Dirbynil.


  16. #15
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Nffc-Girl
    He deserves everything he gets.

    Yes it is easy to say no to an increase in wages, especially if you dont need it, and especially if it involves going to your 'boyhood clubs' rivals.

    I hope he spends his pay rise wisely, like on extra security.
    What makes you think he doesn't need it?

    He's a highly regarded footballer, why should he not try and get a piece of the pie like other footballers?

    If someone is offereing him Premiership wages, why shouldn't he take it?

    Regardless of all other things, playing for Derby on £18k a week means he can earn enough to support his family for the rest of his life.

    Being at Forest and on £4k a week means he can't, or at least he certainly can't support them in the custom of a footballer.


  17. #16
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Flange MacIntyre
    I would, if I was a supoosed Forest fan, playing for Forest.
    What in the world does supoosed mean?

    I'm really not sure why anyone would turn down such a high pay rise.

    If you were offered a job being the Press Offier for Derby on £200k a year more than you're on, would you take it? Oh, and you wouldn't have to leave your home, if you didn't want to, as your new office is only 10 minutes further away than your current one.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Why makes you think he needs it??

    Wasnt he one of the biggest earners at Forest? I was told he was on about 8 grand a week, maybe more!

    Yes, he might think he needs it to fund his 'Footballers' lifestyle but who REALLY needs that much to live on?!?!

    I'd be happy with £400 a week and that would be too much!

    I think he's greedy.


  19. #18
    twitter.com/askyourbrief
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,275

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Nffc-Girl
    I was told he was on about 8 grand a week, maybe more!
    Then you were told very, very wrong!


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,454

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    What in the world does supoosed mean?

    I'm really not sure why anyone would turn down such a high pay rise.

    If you were offered a job being the Press Offier for Derby on £200k a year more than you're on, would you take it? Oh, and you wouldn't have to leave your home, if you didn't want to, as your new office is only 10 minutes further away than your current one.
    What in the world is a Press Offier? *:P

    Back to the issue, if I was a self proclaimed life-long Forest fan, living my boyhood dreams of playing for the Reds, I wouldn't leave for Derby under ANY circumstances.

    I've always said I'll wish him well at any club he chooses to play for, except Derby. I don't begrudge him seeking an improved contract, but to sign that contract with Derby after making such a song and dance about his club loyalties is unforgiveable.


  21. #20
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Maybe he is greedy, but you are comparing the earning potential of a footballer to a life that isn't based on such earnings.

    The same logic could be applied to anyone who gets paid a lot.

    Everyone can live on a couple of hundred pounds a week.

    Why should doctors be paid so much?

    What about plumbers? Those guys earn thousands, and all they do is turn up late and turn your water off.

    I don't see the logic in not wanting to go where the money is? Commons isn't the first to do so, and won't be the last.


  22. #21
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Flange MacIntyre
    What in the world is a Press Offier? :P

    Back to the issue, if I was a self proclaimed life-long Forest fan, living my boyhood dreams of playing for the Reds, I wouldn't leave for Derby under ANY circumstances.

    I've always said I'll wish him well at any club he chooses to play for, except Derby. I don't begrudge him seeking an improved contract, but to sign that contract with Derby after making such a song and dance about his club loyalties is unforgiveable.
    It's supoosed to say 'officer'!

    I don't think he made a major song and dance about his Forest loyalty. He never said anything along the lines of 'I'd never leave Forest, no matter what' or anything like that.




  23. #22
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Supoosed? :P

    He's said he's a Forest fan, that's enough for me to mean he should never consider moving to Derby. He could've got another club easily enough.



  24. #23
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnits
    Supoosed? :P
    Read the previous posts....:P


  25. #24
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    Hitler Mods!


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: Earnshaw fact

    ''Regardless of all other things, playing for Derby on £18k a week means he can earn enough to support his family for the rest of his life''

    You dont have to earn thousands of pounds a week to support your family. NORMAL people earning NORMAL wages support their families too. My Grandad worked down the Brick Yard for over 50 years and his 12 children, yes 12! Never wanted for anything, and he was doing real work not just kicking a ball around a field (greedily!).

    If commons was to go to Derby he's gone for two reasons, Greediness and because he wants to hurt us Fans. So why should we show him respect?

    Anyway, your a nice lad Rich and i dont really want to argue with you, so this is the last I'm saying on the subject. I'm off to see what gossip Perez Hilton has for me so there.* :P :P



 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •