Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,926 to 1,946 of 1946
  1. #1926
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,878

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Is that anything like having Georgia On Your Mind?
    https://youtu.be/fRgWBN8yt_E
    No!
    It's more like
    "Monday I've got Friday on my mind".
    For our German audience:
    Montag habe ich Frietag in meinem Kopf".




  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #1927
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,618

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    More like Insane in the Brain



    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

  4. #1928
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    67,347

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    „The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

  5. #1929
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,878

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    A question I would like to have the answer to:
    When Mrs S and I approached a solicitor for advice about a family law matter, after the initial "free" hour with him, he said in his opinion we had a decent case to take to court.
    We asked him to act for us on the basis that he thought we had a good case, and because he is meant to be really clued up on family law he quoted us £200 plus VAT per hour, and that he estimated 10 hours work.
    Now he is acting for us he has e mailed to say he needs to get an opinion from a Barrister as to whether the Barrister thinks it is procedeable; cost estimate £1000.
    Why is someone earning more per hour than most earn in a day has to refer the matter to someone who doesn't quote for an hour, but just for giving an opinion?
    The answer I have had from our solicitor is that it is because a solicitor can't represent us in Court.
    That doesn't really answer the question though does it?


  6. #1930
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,610

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    It doesn’t answer the question and it seems he would have known at the outset that he needed a barrister

    Shyster by the sound of it , tell em to bollacks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #1931
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    67,347

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    I am with Tiff on this, sounds like he’s taking the piss.


  8. #1932
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    15,027

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    A question I would like to have the answer to:
    When Mrs S and I approached a solicitor for advice about a family law matter, after the initial "free" hour with him, he said in his opinion we had a decent case to take to court.
    We asked him to act for us on the basis that he thought we had a good case, and because he is meant to be really clued up on family law he quoted us £200 plus VAT per hour, and that he estimated 10 hours work.
    Now he is acting for us he has e mailed to say he needs to get an opinion from a Barrister as to whether the Barrister thinks it is procedeable; cost estimate £1000.
    Why is someone earning more per hour than most earn in a day has to refer the matter to someone who doesn't quote for an hour, but just for giving an opinion?
    The answer I have had from our solicitor is that it is because a solicitor can't represent us in Court.
    That doesn't really answer the question though does it?
    Your solicitor is right that he can't represent you in court, unless he is qualified as a Solicitor Advocate (not likely)

    However, depending on his level of experience he would probably have known at the time of the initial consultation that a Barrister's appraisal would've been necessary (it often is)

    So it seems to me he's either:

    a) inexperienced; and or
    b) incompetent; or
    c) a shyster

    Or possibly all of the above. Sorry I know that doesn't help much but (not wanting to sound up my own arse) but I went to law school and they specifically train you to get the most amount of info possible out of the first interview

    I still have a video somewhere of my "initial interview" test. Think I start by calling my client by the wrong name!


  9. #1933
    Too School for Cool
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    15,027

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    In a nutshell, I'd seek a different solicitor


  10. #1934
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    67,347

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    The forum‘s answer to Petrocelli has spoken!


  11. #1935
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    5,062

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    In a nutshell, I avoid solicitor's like the plague.

    Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


  12. #1936
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    K in A. Notts
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Don’t won’t to lower the tone but what ever happened to white dog shit?. You never see it anymore.


  13. #1937
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    5,062

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Don’t won’t to lower the tone but what ever happened to white dog shit?. You never see it anymore.
    It was down to dogs being fed on a raw food high mineral diet. Suppose a lot more people feed their dogs kibble these days which produces a different kind of shit.
    I'm not an expert on shit but I can talk quite a lot of it. If you need to know anything else about shit, see Wes or Barry.

    Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


  14. #1938
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    17,172

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Don’t won’t to lower the tone but what ever happened to white dog shit?. You never see it anymore.
    Less calcium in dog food.


  15. #1939
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    K in A. Notts
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    It was down to dogs being fed on a raw food high mineral diet. Suppose a lot more people feed their dogs kibble these days which produces a different kind of shit.
    I'm not an expert on shit but I can talk quite a lot of it. If you need to know anything else about shit, see Wes or Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Less calcium in dog food.
    Cheers guys. I suppose you don’t really see them with bones nowadays.


  16. #1940
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,831

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Less calcium in dog food.
    That is what I heard also. If I give my dog a lot of bones there are white logs after the sun has dried them.


  17. #1941
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    K in A. Notts
    Posts
    15,248

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    That is what I heard also. If I give my dog a lot of bones there are white logs after the sun has dried them.
    Memories of my childhood.


  18. #1942
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,831

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Memories of my childhood.
    Indeed Puds, and at least with the white ones you could see them on the paths and parks, unlike the brown landmines.


  19. #1943
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,984

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Your solicitor is right that he can't represent you in court, unless he is qualified as a Solicitor Advocate (not likely)

    However, depending on his level of experience he would probably have known at the time of the initial consultation that a Barrister's appraisal would've been necessary (it often is)

    So it seems to me he's either:

    a) inexperienced; and or
    b) incompetent; or
    c) a shyster

    Or possibly all of the above. Sorry I know that doesn't help much but (not wanting to sound up my own arse) but I went to law school and they specifically train you to get the most amount of info possible out of the first interview

    I still have a video somewhere of my "initial interview" test. Think I start by calling my client by the wrong name!
    Absolutely agree with everything in this post.

    He’s either taken your money not knowing he’d need a barrister (crap solicitor) or taken your money knowing he’d need one (shyster). Get shot of him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  20. #1944
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,878

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Don’t won’t to lower the tone but what ever happened to white dog shit?. You never see it anymore.
    I don't want to contradict the dog-shit specialists on here, and they are probably right, but I was told the lack of white dog shit is because dog owners do not give dogs bones like they used to.


  21. #1945
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,739

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    It was down to dogs being fed on a raw food high mineral diet. Suppose a lot more people feed their dogs kibble these days which produces a different kind of shit.
    I'm not an expert on shit but I can talk quite a lot of it. If you need to know anything else about shit, see Wes or Barry.

    Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Bazza's the dog shit man.


  22. #1946

    Default Re: Questions you'd like to know the answers to......

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Bazza's the dog shit man.
    In more ways than one


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •