Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Media blackout

Default Media blackout

What do people think of this news? Don't see it being an issue as long as we keep playing well. If we hit a bad patch though would be good to hear from the players.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The inevitable decline of local media outlets begins. They were a good source of information 10 years ago but the world has moved on. It must be hard for those involved. I'd say the number one reason for the 'blackout' is to encourage Forest Player subscriptions, which makes sense from a club perspective.

winnits

Seems petty and childish but ultimately I'm really other bothered about on-the-pitch matters, so long as they carry on on current trajectory then grand.

Default Re: Media blackout

I hope they give ST holders free access to Forest player, get a few people tweeting Jimbo and get him to sort it! Only seems fair!

Banned

In football, a press or media blackout is also referred to as a silenzio stampa (literally press silence) from the corresponding Italian phrase. It specifically refers to when a football club or national team and the players refuse to give interviews or in any other way cooperate with the press, often during important tournaments, or when the club feels that the media does not depict the club and their activities in an objective way. The phrase silenzio stampa was born during the 1982 FIFA World Cup, when the Italian team created a news blackout due to rumors and untrue[citation needed] stories circulating in the press.[11][12]

winnits

Whereas the phrase Silenzi Stampa refers to the scurrilous use of statistics to make us sign a really shit striker.

Quote Originally Posted by winnits View Post
    Whereas the phrase Silenzi Stampa refers to the scurrilous use of statistics to make us sign a really shit striker.

Good 'ode Silenzi.

Best served cold

In the late 90's, I moved up North for 2 years. Because this was before the rise of the Internet - once a week my gran used to send me the week's sport pages of the evening post, just so I could get my fix of Forest information.

That and Teletext helped keep me up to date

But yeah, I think a media black out is dissappointing from the club. They should be using the local media as a tool to keep the positivity going, and to encourage fans

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

#FindElaine

From the NEP - Link

If the Reds secure a fourth consecutive Championship win at Vicarage Road on Sunday, it will equal their best-ever start to a season since the turn of the 20th century.
    Following the flying start under Billy Davies, it has been a long time since Reds fans have been so buoyant or optimistic.
    And, as a local newspaper, we want to be supportive of our city's leading club's efforts to secure a return to the Premier League.
    But we cannot bring you an interview with either a player or the manager, because Nottingham Forest's senior management have taken the decision to impose what amounts to a selective media blackout.

From now, for the foreseeable future, no players will be permitted to speak to the majority of the media either before or after games.
    Manager Davies will continue to attend his post match press conference – which he is obliged to do under Football League guidelines.
    Otherwise, the club have chosen to limit any other access – which will impact on you, the fans.
    No post-match reaction on Radio Nottingham, no player reaction in the Post, either online on in Monday's newspaper.

A club spokesman would confirm only that it was "a decision taken by the club's senior management" and that the position would be maintained for the "foreseeable future".
    Given that the club's only senior management is general manager Jim Price, it is reasonable to assume that he has been involved in the decision.
    And it continues a pattern of behaviour which began when Davies returned to the club back in February.
    Davies, during his second spell in charge, has never attended pre-match press conferences. Nor were the majority of media permitted access to players or manager throughout the summer or during pre-season fixtures.
    Now the club has taken the decision to limit access to players as well, it leaves the Post – and the majority of other media outlets – in a position we have not been in ever before.

In living memory, the players and management staff of Forest, Notts County and Mansfield Town have always made themselves available to the press prior to matches as a matter of routine.
    But now, at a time when we want to throw our weight behind Forest; at a point when the mood should be one of optimism, unity and hope, we find ourselves being shut out – with no explanation.
    The club will argue that interviews are available on their own website; that supporters can still hear what the manager and players have to say with a few clicks of the mouse.
    But that is not the same as an independent interview conducted by someone who is not also an employee of the club.

Since Davies – and Price – returned, the paper has been nothing but supportive.
    We backed Forest in the final weeks of the campaign, after the Reds' remarkable revival under Davies had edged them back into play-off contention.
    And there is no questioning the fact that there is a healthy, unified – and potentially successful – relationship being built between Davies and the new club hierarchy, in the form of the Al Hasawi family, of which Fawaz Al Hasawi is now the figurehead at Forest.
    The arrival of nine signings over the summer – and the prospect of two or three more potentially still to come – has Forest fans dreaming of a return to the Premier League.

What a story that would be, not just for this newspaper, but for the city as a whole.
    All that we ask is that we are given the access required to cover that story for you, the Forest fans.

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Meh, beer with your mates, a pigsking being fought over on a battlefield, singing LTLF, more beer, passion, bonding in euphoria, support in disappointment etc. - that's what football's about for me. Not gossip or listening to some "experts" opinion of why Steve McClaren is a great manager and why Steve Cotterill deserves to be given time.

Can understand why it matters to others, doesn't matter to me one bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    The inevitable decline of local media outlets begins. They were a good source of information 10 years ago but the world has moved on. It must be hard for those involved. I'd say the number one reason for the 'blackout' is to encourage Forest Player subscriptions, which makes sense from a club perspective.
    Good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    In football, a press or media blackout is also referred to as a silenzio stampa (literally press silence) from the corresponding Italian phrase. It specifically refers to when a football club or national team and the players refuse to give interviews or in any other way cooperate with the press, often during important tournaments, or when the club feels that the media does not depict the club and their activities in an objective way. The phrase silenzio stampa was born during the 1982 FIFA World Cup, when the Italian team created a news blackout due to rumors and untrue[citation needed] stories circulating in the press.[11][12]
    Bloody hell Kevin that's the longest post I've seen from you,it must be that writers block that's been holding you back.

i can't believe that fawaz would let this situation continue if there were not reasonable justification for it. fawaz having already been on the wrong end of media tittle tattle is obviously in agreement with the current stance. as a footnote, i believe the days of the NEP are numbered with the advent of the internet and so many ways to obtain news. also radio nottm has it's own agenda against forest and the current management. the whittaker story on jimbo was a classic shot in the foot !

I seen this all coming when the NEP sign was taking off the Main Stand

I don't live in Nottingham, so not having local news is not a great loss to me.

And I've never been bothered about the tittle-tattle associated with players etc.

I've never particularly wanted to meet players or officials.

I just like to watch football as played by my club. Full stop.

Really petty and childish by the club (it's been coming though so no surprise), I know plenty of old boy's who are season ticket holders and their only sources of information are the Post and radio Nottm. They need to act more professionally and value the entire customer base.

Don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Bloody hell Kevin that's the longest post I've seen from you,it must be that writers block that's been holding you back.
    Was actually quite a good post as well. Keep it up Kev.

He copy and pasted it from wikipedia

Banned

Its very simple and dirt cheap and you get everything, Player interviews, highlights, interviews with Billy etc..

If you are a local you can buy a ticket and watch the game or you can listen free to the game on RN.

If you want the bonus extra's interviews with Billy, Players etc.... then do like the rest of us, buy a subscription to Forest Player.

Quote Originally Posted by nffcjoe View Post
    Don't care
    Apparently Tim does. (Gets tin hat ready for next barrage).

Banned

dicks

I did think he might of. Good old Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    dicks
    :leacock:

Cockney Red

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur's Cape View Post
    Really petty and childish by the club (it's been coming though so no surprise), I know plenty of old boy's who are season ticket holders and their only sources of incorrect information and unsubstantiated rumours are the Post and radio Nottm. They need to act more professionally and value the entire customer base.
    Fixed for you

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

I think the presence of grammar and punctuation was the giveaway that it wasn't his work.