Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: If Chris Cohen asked you to cup his balls, what would you say?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

97 77.60%
  • No

28 22.40%
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: If Chris Cohen asked you to cup his balls, what would you say?

Left Winger

Default Re: If Chris Cohen asked you to cup his balls, what would you say?

Garry Birtles would like to show you his 1980 European Cup Winners’ medal, when - as a lone striker - he absolutely ran Hamburg’s defence ragged (and himself into the ground).

And yet there was criticism for Mr. Clough for playing a “Defensive” formation!

As Mr. Taylor might have said “the cameras also show we won the Cup”.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

The subject of one up front remains the only time I've ever heard Formerredscaptainjohnmcgovern swear.

When asked his opinion about playing one up front, he replied, "It's fucking stupid."

Nuff said.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    The subject of one up front remains the only time I've ever heard Formerredscaptainjohnmcgovern swear.

When asked his opinion about playing one up front, he replied, "It's fucking stupid."

Nuff said.
    Great midfielder, great captain, shit manager......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Great midfielder, great captain, shit manager......
    He was a manager?

At Bolton and Rotherham in the early 90s iirc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Woking too.

I found his last interview touching; he clearly and frankly talks about the possibility that he will never play again.

Hopefully there will alwaus be a place for possibly our best ever pro at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I found his last interview touching; he clearly and frankly talks about the possibility that he will never play again.
    Huge shame for him and the club if he doesn't. Others did have a massive effect on us staying up in the final game last season but it's fitting that his goal that day will live in the memory of us avoiding the drop.

For those who read the academy thread would have seen that I mentioned that our star u13 forward Freddie McGrady recently broke his leg.

It has just come to my attention that Chris Cohen went to his house in Leics to see how he is and how is recovery is going & his family but vitally a visit like that is surely invaluable to the kids overall outlook.

We desperately need Cohen to stay involved in this club.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 16-11-17 at 06:22.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    For those who read the academy thread would have seen that I mentioned that our star u13 forward Freddie McGrady recently broke his leg.

It has just come to my attention that Chris Cohen went to his house in Leics to see how he is and how is recovery is going & his family but vitally a visit like that is surely invaluable to the kids overall outlook.

Good to read that. If anyone knows about injury its Chris.

Thing now for me is honesty between the player and the club.

The guys done, so its "what do you want to do?"

Coaching ab ambassador role.... get the discussions made, get him off the playing staff but keep him in the club....... if thats what he wants of course.

Have to agree with these thoughts.

CC has always come across as a diamond bloke who actually likes NFFC so it would be a shame if we wasted the opportunity to encourage him to stay at the club in some capacity after his playing days are over.

Needn't be a purely sentimental appointment, the guy I'm sure would be ace at coaching and inspiring our younger players as well as being a fine representative of the club.

Rose-Coloured Boy

Shame he couldn't have paid Matty Fryatt a similar visit and reported back his findings

Rose-Coloured Boy

In all seriousness though, yet another classy move from an incredibly classy guy.

Really hope we keep him here in some capacity.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Shame he couldn't have paid Matty Fryatt a similar visit and reported back his findings
    He probably did, but couldn’t find the slippery former Hull forward.

It just goes to show what a good human being he is. Obviously a youth development coach (Dan Bale) asked Chris to do it and because he has basically formed such an affiliation with the club he did it. Many other injured players would focus on themselves but not Chris Cohen. He has been seeing to academy, club respresentative stuff as well as watching Forest games as if he was involved in the back room staff already.

Just on the particular thing he did. I'm currently reading No Hunger in Paradise (worth getting if you haven't). Sometimes you forget the human element especially in football and it is good to know that we have people at the club bringing positivity to a thriving environment again.

Cohens been a decent servant, comes across as a decent role model & we've reciprocated by looking after him through alot of injuries.

He's got a shitload of time, he's been asked to go gee up a youth teamer with a broken leg & he's obliged.

Now Im shit with the sentimental side of life & Im generally pissed with most of our established players for giving me fuck all to shout about for donkeys, but I cant help think we go a bit overboard with the praise at times.

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Cohens been a decent servant, comes across as a decent role model & we've reciprocated by looking after him through alot of injuries.

He's got a shitload of time, he's been asked to go gee up a youth teamer with a broken leg & he's obliged.

Now Im shit with the sentimental side of life & Im generally pissed with most of our established players for giving me fuck all to shout about for donkeys, but I cant help think we go a bit overboard with the praise at times.
    It's a no to any ball-cupping from you then MASE?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    It's a no to any ball-cupping from you then MASE?
    Its nowt personal, Id say the same about any player who's been established here during that period of regression.

Theres been some highlights, but nothing to suggest our future depends on any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

If that is the attitude we take then we might as well be robots with no emotions.

We lucky enough to have someone like Cohen at this football club. Firstly he has football intelligence and an understanding of what Nottingham Forest FC is about.

His duties aren't just done because he is getting paid. I think it was fairly obvious to many at the club of what value Cohen brings to the club and that is why he is being asked to perform these roles.

So yes I think sentiment comes into decision when you want a family like culture at a football club like ours that needs a connect. Cohen has so much potential moving forward in a footballing position.

Miserable bastard

Given that he is still making a positive contribution to the club, it's not like we're even sinking money into a player and getting nothing back, like we did with Fryatt. So I'm loathe to push him into retirement or declare him 'done' as some others are. I think the best person to make that decision is Chris himself.

I would take Tommy Graham and Wally Ardon as two examples of players who didn't play in our greatest eras and never played in the top flight for us.

They are remembered in our history still for the roles they played as players and their character and importance to the club made it inevitable they would continue to work on the non-playing staff after playing.

I think Cohen fits the bill. But it is obviously discussion Cohen is having with people at the club.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 16-11-17 at 11:50.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Given that he is still making a positive contribution to the club, it's not like we're even sinking money into a player and getting nothing back, like we did with Fryatt. So I'm loathe to push him into retirement or declare him 'done' as some others are. I think the best person to make that decision is Chris himself.
    Nobody is pushing him into retirement just asking for honesty on the injury.... he must know his own body... he is of no use being classed as a footballer, taking up a squad place if he can never be one again.

Accept it or not one of the reasons we have been in the shit financially is because our players cant stay fit. Cohen is as bad if not worse than Fryatt for this.

If that is the attitude we take then we might as well be robots with no emotions.
    I think its the best way given the modern day footballer has become so self obsessed, the fans have become largely immaterial.

Tough to stereotype Cohen, but without knowing the guy personally, you have to assume alot it is just PR bullshit designed to reel folk in & keep people like Cohen relevant.

Like I said, I only speak for myself when struggling to get excited about a spectacularly well paid player going round someones house for the day. Cohens better than Fryatt, but he's still a drain on resources at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nobody is pushing him into retirement just asking for honesty on the injury.... he must know his own body... he is of no use being classed as a footballer, taking up a squad place if he can never be one again.

Accept it or not one of the reasons we have been in the shit financially is because our players cant stay fit. Cohen is as bad if not worse than Fryatt for this.
    Pay as you play deal ? Even then I doubt he is getting paid much with his new year contract and even if with not playing he is fulfilling club duties involving the community which is massive for Forest. Unquantifiable actually.

But if you want the latest :

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...-forest-754150

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...s-cohen-725441