Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 5388

Thread: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

      
  1. #5301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,260

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    There’s Nottingham people who have lost their jobs as County go non-league. Some of them probably support Forest. A pre season friendly at their place whi they can have a chance of winning when we field a mixed experience side would be a magnanimous gesture.

    Football wouldn’t be football without a bunch of shitty opposing clubs to play against. Let’s have our players do the work when it comes to making a statement to County.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #5302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    sorry (not really) but notts and their fans made a stupid mistake when they threw Forest's goodwill towards them back in our faces. (player loans and begging buckets) Jealousy is not a pretty sight but Notts seem to be overwhelmed by it. you reap what you sow. bye xxx


  4. #5303
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,765

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Seems thing are not getting better for Big and Little Al apparently he is getting divorced not sure for what reason though although I presume a-lot of you will speculate. He has also been caught by his wife cheating in the past so I have heard.

    Also he has another business with someone and there has been about £400,000 go missing from that companies account!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #5304
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    No longer unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    3,465

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Seems thing are not getting better for Big and Little Al apparently he is getting divorced not sure for what reason though although I presume a-lot of you will speculate. He has also been caught by his wife cheating in the past so I have heard.
    I've heard rumours.

    It would certainly explain why he was so aggrieved at losing his licence.


  6. #5305
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,709

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    All in all, an "annus horribilis".


  7. #5306
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    10,885

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Because I bought tickets for the Women's International at Lego Lane last season, I now received emails from the Sadpies. This week I received a really informative email detailing when the Conference fixtures would be published, the date of the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round, and when they would be playing their first game in the FA Trophy. All in all, a very satisfying read.


  8. #5307
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    76,168

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Seems thing are not getting better for Big and Little Al apparently he is getting divorced not sure for what reason though although I presume a-lot of you will speculate. He has also been caught by his wife cheating in the past so I have heard.

    Also he has another business with someone and there has been about £400,000 go missing from that companies account!
    You have to say, there’s folk who’ve had somewhat better years than Alan.

    He’s right up there with „apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?“

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  9. #5308
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    14,725

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Seems thing are not getting better for Big and Little Al apparently he is getting divorced not sure for what reason though although I presume a-lot of you will speculate. He has also been caught by his wife cheating in the past so I have heard.

    Also he has another business with someone and there has been about £400,000 go missing from that companies account!

    Apparently Notts are looking at administration soon too. The rumour is the South African's are growing tired of Hardy and aren't paying up anymore, so are joining the other bidders in waiting for the club to inevitably go into administration so they can pick it up cheap.

    So the three alleged bidders waiting to pounce when they go into admin are The South African's (who nobody has any clue who they actually are), Norman Smurthwaite (who was hounded out of Port Vale) & Alex May (a convincted fraudster under a new name) - two of which are more concerned about the land Notts sit on than the actual club.

    It's looking particuarly grim for them if the rumours are true.


  10. #5309
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,765

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Apparently Notts are looking at administration soon too. The rumour is the South African's are growing tired of Hardy and aren't paying up anymore, so are joining the other bidders in waiting for the club to inevitably go into administration so they can pick it up cheap.

    So the three alleged bidders waiting to pounce when they go into admin are The South African's (who nobody has any clue who they actually are), Norman Smurthwaite (who was hounded out of Port Vale) & Alex May (a convincted fraudster under a new name) - two of which are more concerned about the land Notts sit on than the actual club.

    It's looking particuarly grim for them if the rumours are true.
    Who is going to want to buy a club with a winding up order from HMRC hanging over it, and the court proceedings keep on getting postponed until such takeover is complete.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  11. #5310
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,768

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    MarryUrKnakkers


  12. #5311
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    22,232

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Who is going to want to buy a club with a winding up order from HMRC hanging over it, and the court proceedings keep on getting postponed until such takeover is complete.



  13. #5312
    Senior Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,184

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    All in all, an "annus horribilis".
    It wasn't that great around the front either.


  14. #5313
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    35,933

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Am I the only one who wants to see them make a comeback?

    They need to know their place as our inferiors, but I just can't help wanting local teams to do well.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  15. #5314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Who is going to want to buy a club with a winding up order from HMRC hanging over it, and the court proceedings keep on getting postponed until such takeover is complete.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything has it's price

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  16. #5315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see them make a comeback?

    They need to know their place as our inferiors, but I just can't help wanting local teams to do well.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    I entirely agree Alf, two league clubs is good for the city.


  17. #5316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,093

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Disagree, I don't think 2 league clubs does us any favours. For a city the size of Nottingham and with the expansion of the City Ground, I can't see the local appetite for 40k at Forest and 10k at Notts.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  18. #5317
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,779

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    I'm trying to think of a more devastating dick pic.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  19. #5318
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    22,232

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Once upon a time I had a soft spot for County but now? Fuck em. Hope they go under. Provided all the staff are reemployed elsewhere.


  20. #5319
    Senior Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,184

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm trying to think of a more devastating dick pic.

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    .


  21. #5320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    [QUOTE=Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery;3001563]Am I the only one who wants to see them make a comeback?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

    Yeah


  22. #5321
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,779

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    .
    That ain't relegated a football league club

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


  23. #5322
    Senior Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,184

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That ain't relegated a football league club

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    He might do for Orient yet!


  24. #5323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,420

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Disagree, I don't think 2 league clubs does us any favours. For a city the size of Nottingham and with the expansion of the City Ground, I can't see the local appetite for 40k at Forest and 10k at Notts.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Your second point really doesn't relate to your first point, so why don't you think the city benefits? Your point about crowd sizes just says that it doesn't benefit Forest and I am OK with that argument but it doesn't address the issue of benefit to the city.

    The primary benefit to the city is that it attracts visitors to spend money every Saturday during the football season rather than every other Saturday.

    Also as things stand Forest aren't going to get 40K on a regular basis any more than Notts are going to get 10K.

    I don't know how old you are but I can remember when Forest and Notts were in the same league and they were good times with a good rivalry.


  25. #5324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,919

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    Your second point really doesn't relate to your first point, so why don't you think the city benefits? Your point about crowd sizes just says that it doesn't benefit Forest and I am OK with that argument but it doesn't address the issue of benefit to the city.

    The primary benefit to the city is that it attracts visitors to spend money every Saturday during the football season rather than every other Saturday.

    Also as things stand Forest aren't going to get 40K on a regular basis any more than Notts are going to get 10K.

    I don't know how old you are but I can remember when Forest and Notts were in the same league and they were good times with a good rivalry.
    Notts have averaged about 4k the last decade, only the last 2 seasons have they averaged about 7k, I can't imagine the benefit to the City was that high as the majority of fans just go to tland from the football and don't really do anything in the city or spend money.


  26. #5325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,093

    Default Re: The demise of NON-LEAGUE Notts County (sponsored by Otis Redd'un)

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    Your second point really doesn't relate to your first point, so why don't you think the city benefits? Your point about crowd sizes just says that it doesn't benefit Forest and I am OK with that argument but it doesn't address the issue of benefit to the city.

    The primary benefit to the city is that it attracts visitors to spend money every Saturday during the football season rather than every other Saturday.

    Also as things stand Forest aren't going to get 40K on a regular basis any more than Notts are going to get 10K.

    I don't know how old you are but I can remember when Forest and Notts were in the same league and they were good times with a good rivalry.
    Your first part doesn't relate to the last part. How does Forest and County playing in the same league and having a jolly good rivalry back in the day benefit the city?

    Benefits to the city seem to be then employment for a handful of people and bringing in a couple of thousand fans on a Saturday during the season to buy a pie and a pint. I'm sure the city of Nottingham will cope without it, especially as the team on the other side of the river is being more ambitious than it has in the past 20 years.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •