Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Notts County

Default Re: Notts County

they can't even get in their own ground cos' their "season cards" don't work properly when they try to scan them at the turnstiles!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Already looking like a relegation fight for them.

Wandering around the CG

I always want them to do well but they are clearly in for a tough season.

Some of their fans need to get a grip of reality, like some of Mansfields lot. We are not their rivals and never will be. Leicester are in the queue before the pair of them

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    Maybe I am in the minority here but I think it is good for the City to have two good football teams competing in good leagues so I want Notts to do well.
    I'm with you on that.

But it looks like they will struggle this year.

Swedish Meatball

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHell View Post

I like post number 7, as I've never known any club to get slagged off for scoring a penalty before.
    Hah! Especially considering we recently went 12 months without being awarded a spot kick in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by No 5 Terry Wilson View Post
    Ive never met a notts fan, i can just imagine they smell of stale piss.
    Well there are only 6 of them and one of them is on life support, so it is unlikely you'll ever bump into one.

Dancing in the Trent End

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    What I don't get is, why on earth would any young person support County? Unless they're a masochist?
    When I watch highlights and see their fans behind the goal, there are always some groups of lads that are in their early twenties following them. Every time I see them I can't help but think "Why don't you get yourselves down Forest? You'll enjoy yourself more than following that waste of space."

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    I always want them to do well but they are clearly in for a tough season.

Some of their fans need to get a grip of reality, like some of Mansfields lot. We are not their rivals and never will be. Leicester are in the queue before the pair of them
    Jealousy's a bitch, ain't it?

My Uncle use to be the chairman of them, so I kind of want them to do well. But their fans are pitiful, they hate us, its pure jealousy, I get that, but I would just keep shut!

I know! About three times the crowds, significantly better atmosphere, and better football.

I don't know, I used to like Notts really until Munto when they all seemed to go a bit mental. I find the hatred quite a lot of their fans have of us to be quite tragic too. I understand Leicester not liking us but County? When did we last play in the same league, 94?

There was a great video on Youtube of some Notts County fan giving some kind of shitty commentary to the league cup game at our place a while back. It was his reaction when Wes banged in the equaliser that will live long in my memory - absolutely hilarious! Unfortunately the video seems to have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack View Post
    There was a great video on Youtube of some Notts County fan giving some kind of shitty commentary to the league cup game at our place a while back. It was his reaction when Wes banged in the equaliser that will live long in my memory - absolutely hilarious! Unfortunately the video seems to have been removed.
    I know what you mean, it was hilarious. It was stuff like "It's like they've won the FA Cup!" and "They say they don't care about Notts County, yeah alright!".

I know what you mean, it was hilarious. It was stuff like "It's like they've won the FA Cup!" and "They say they don't care about Notts County, yeah alright!".
    Haha! Yeah, that was the one! Gutted it's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    I think Notts are in for some problems this year.

Lots of inexperienced players and a total rookie of a manager.

Maybe I am in the minority here but I think it is good for the City to have two good football teams competing in good leagues so I want Notts to do well.
    If we had any input from our unfortunate neighbours on this forum I'm sure one of the saddies would point out that there is only one professional football club within the city limits... god know's I've had it told me enough times by the boring fuckers.

I made a donation to their bucket last time but if it comes out again they'll get fuck all off me. Nasty bunch of bitter bastards, that's county fans for you.

Still at least I no longer get "Happy Sir Charlie Plamer" texts from my sadpie friends.

Sums it up for me.
    Our rivalry is like watching one of those wildlife documentaries where there's a fly sitting on the back of a wildebeest and the inconvenience of the flies presence may warrant the odd swooshing of the wildebeests tail.

Last edited by puds1970; 12-08-13 at 12:24.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeII View Post
    I just love winding Elite Pie up

Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeII View Post
    A joke club wouldn't have been saved by its own fans at its time of greatest need

How much money that went in the buckets came from Forest fans? Even David Johnson donated £500.

Dancing in the Trent End

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sheldon Cooper View Post
    A joke club wouldn't have been saved by its own fans at its time of greatest need

How much money that went in the buckets came from Forest fans? Even David Johnson donated £500.
    It's facts like that mate that are irrelevant to them. They live on hating Forest, without the hate, they've got no club.

We were only happy as we knew how much it would piss them off. Bless em

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    It's facts like that mate that are irrelevant to them. They live on hating Forest, without the hate, they've got no club.
    If they come out their ground having lost and find out Forest have been beat, they go home happy. I have actually seen this reaction!

A club with no identity apart from hating us. Its like they're a club for disenchanted Nottingham folk who hate Forest- sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by the mask of zorro View Post
    If they come out their ground having lost and find out Forest have been beat, they go home happy. I have actually seen this reaction!
    This is very true.

Wandering around the CG

I think its still on youtube somewhere, I watched it not that long ago. The comments were, well...

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by forest_fan1809 View Post
    Its like they're a club for disenchanted Nottingham folk who hate Forest- sad really.
    I didn't want to say it but they seem to attract the dweebs, the unpopular kids that got bullied in school and didn't fit in.
    On one of their videos there is a bunch of them singing "fuck off Forest, the city is ours" and they dont look or sound a full bob to me.

Senior Pol

I didn't want to say it but they seem to attract the dweebs, the unpopular kids that got bullied in school and didn't fit in.
    On one of their videos there is a bunch of them singing "fuck off Forest, the city is ours" and they dont look or sound a full bob to me.
    Of course, the city is theirs. That's why they're called "county"

"Charlie don't surf for his hamburger momma!!"