Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He said it ...

Default He said it ...

BD: The minimum requirement is play offs.

Good man - good to see him step up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: He said it ...

Got a link chap? Be handy to read the full story.

ah yeah - good point, sorry.

FP interview about halfway thru is the best i can do.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Aye.... “The expectation has to be the playoffs, minimum. We will certainly target a top six finish again."

Let's have the bastards.............

good stuff and bang on. So refreshing to hear Billy without any complaints, pure feel-good factor going on down the Trent right now. Bring it on!!!

Comes on lets get the buggers! NFFC4LYF!

Can nobody spell Forest. Its not that hard ffs.

Got a good feeling about this season

Dancing in the Trent End

"Expectations among Forest fans, notorious for being unreasonably high in any case, have flown off the scale."

They're just jealous because we'll be fighting for the Premier League title in a few years.

The interview on Forest Player is full of praise for the owners.
    Davies seems almost happy.

I'm finding it hard to watch the the interviews on FP. That Nick's voice grates on me.

Banned

So let me get this right, on a shoe string and cobbled together late in the close season, a squad assembled by a wonderful football man, SOD, leads to the man being sacked, because after half a season, one place off the play offs on Boxing Day, is a failure.......yet the poison dwarf, announces after spending shed loads of money and a great deal of time to identify targets and build his squad....that the target is a top six finish.....so we all have to wet our pants with excitement

I am getting confused with the limited acceptance and ambitions of many fans.....

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    So let me get this right, on a shoe string and cobbled together late in the close season, a squad assembled by a wonderful football man, SOD, leads to the man being sacked, because after half a season, one place off the play offs on Boxing Day, is a failure.......yet the poison dwarf, announces after spending shed loads of money and a great deal of time to identify targets and build his squad....that the target is a top six finish.....so we all have to wet our pants with excitement

I am getting confused with the limited acceptance and ambitions of many fans.....
    But Billy is our saviour

I would expect him to say promotion tbh and ideally automatic, not just playoffs. That's what most other managers of contenders say, they talk about promotion from the start

Would be foolish for any championship manager to slap their hand down on the table and say fuck the play offs we are going to win this league. Have you ever heard a championship manager say that? Are you ever likely to? Get real.

Davies has always been an expert at talking down expectations, and I suppose he still does. In the back of my mind, however, I think he's aiming high this season.
    Time will tell if the squad is up to it. I would actually think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Would be foolish for any championship manager to slap their hand down on the table and say fuck the play offs we are going to win this league. Have you ever heard a championship manager say that? Are you ever likely to? Get real.
    No actually I think you'll find other managers do say that, at clubs expected to be up there, then nobody is under any illusions. Heres what nigel adkins reading boss said, http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/arti...d-962559.aspx?
    Last time Under billy we were always Nottingham forest, under the radar, nobody talk about the promotion word, it's almost like we're scared of it all and the pressure. Other teams talk about it cos they're happy to embrace it and be up there, and if we want to be too we have to stop running scared of the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    "Expectations among Forest fans, notorious for being unreasonably high in any case, have flown off the scale."

They're just jealous because we'll be fighting for the Premier League title in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post

Billy Davies plays Football Manager.

Given where we were at the start of last season and given the upheaval at the City Ground - 4 managers in less than a year - it's almost calm at The City Ground. I would be very surprised and very disappointed if we aren't challenging for automatic promotion this season.

I think play offs is a minimum this season. I still think we lack the solid defence and the pop one in and do nothing else striker (won't use the 20 goal a season tag) for automatic.
    I personally think Billy has taken a very low key since his initial reappointment and trip to Kuwait. But he needs to deliver now. But I'm sure there is nobody more aware of this than himself.
    Things feel a little different now and I don't think the manager will be able to use the blaming at the lack of backing excuse this time. Whether you agreed with it last time of course is a matter of opinion anyway.
    It's time he proves he can take the next step. From play off loser to established Premier league manager. As I'm not sure he will be able to shake that tag off if he has many more play off defeats.
    Good luck Billy and the boys, for the new season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I think play offs is a minimum this season. I still think we lack the solid defence and the pop one in and do nothing else striker (won't use the 20 goal a season tag) for automatic.
    I personally think Billy has taken a very low key since his initial reappointment and trip to Kuwait. But he needs to deliver now. But I'm sure there is nobody more aware of this than himself.
    Things feel a little different now and I don't think the manager will be able to use the blaming at the lack of backing excuse this time. Whether you agreed with it last time of course is a matter of opinion anyway.
    It's time he proves he can take the next step. From play off loser to established Premier league manager. As I'm not sure he will be able to shake that tag off if he has many more play off defeats.
    Good luck Billy and the boys, for the new season.
    Spot on post Puds !.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeII View Post
    I'm finding it hard to watch the the interviews on FP. That Nick's voice grates on me.
    Wat do u do wen u hear nat voice then lol