Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Default FM 2009 Challenge Thread (Game One DEADLINE Sunday 11th January)

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting another challenge crew together, someone sets a challenge and we all have 10 days or so to complete it!
    Did it on the forum the other year and it worked well!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: FM 2009 Challenge Thread

im in i need a challange to do cuz i duno who to be lol

Only just read this and i'm up for it, i'm assuming my brother will be aswell. Start it like January 2nd?

Me +1.

If it's an interesting challenge I'm sure my mate Keith will play.

Well I'll set the first challenge based upon SI's challenge.

Challenge One - The Hatters
    You will take charge of Luton Town who find themselves on -30 Points after financial trouble. The aim is to survive and maintin football league status at Kenilworth Road whilst doing your best to ensure that Luton's future is secure in the long term, therefore reducing the wage bill and spending little will earn you more points.

Rules

- Past experience of ‘Sunday league footballer’ only
    - Any League's and Databases can be loaded
    - You must stay in charge of Luton for the entire season, if you are sacked the game is over (If you have managed to gain any points you can post this game as your attempt.

Points will be rewarded for the following criteria:

Champions - 200 Points
    Automatic Promotion - 175 Points
    Play-Offs - 150 points
    Top Half Finish - 125 Points
    Survival - 100 points
    Reach the 3rd Round of FA Cup - 50 points (A further 25 Points for each round)
    Reach the 3rd Round of League Cup - 50 Points (A further 25 Points for each round)
    Reach the Final of the JPT - 50 Points ( A further 25 If you win the JPT)
    Make an overall profit - 25 Points
    Reduce the Wage Bill by £10,000 - 25 points

Therefore the maximum points you can attain is 625 Points from this challenge and obviously the minimu is 0.

Screenshots of the final League Table is required only. Additional screenshots are necessary to gain points, for example if you didn't make any profit you don't need to post a screenshot of the clubs finances to prove it, however if you did make a profit then a screenshot is required.

DEADLINE - Sunday 11th January

Good Luck!

Default Re: FM 2009 Challenge Thread (Game One DEADLINE Sunday 11th January)

no points for league cup happenings?

Missed it out, amended!

Resident foodie!

Deadline as in have to be finished by the 11th?

I'll have a go next week.

Doesn't seem to be much interest!

aye i couldnt do anything with them so didnt bother posting it up.

First time i've looked on here since i last posted, will join in the next challenge.

Resident foodie!

I'm doing it now actually.

If you want to extend the deadline then I'm still up for posting my results!

So far, I've played 5, won 2 and drawn 3.

Minus 21 points as it stands and I'm 21 from safety!

Sam Parkin is awesome for me.

Signed Fred Sears, Malcolm Christie, Ricky Waddell and Owen Price. Sears on loan and the rest for free.

Wage bill is reduced and I've got rid of high earners like Drew Talbot and Paul McVeigh on frees.

Heh. Funny. I took up the Hatters challenge of my own free will before Christmas

I also won the league, but admittedly didn't start on -30 points as it was FM07. My editing didn't stretch that far, they only had -£7M and a squad of youngsters.

Fun challenge though, took them as far as Championship before I couldn't get any further.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Only just seen this. I will start tomorrow.

Just started it now.

Resident foodie!

It took me 17 games to get to 0 points.

I'm still bottom but catching everyone up quickly!

I feel I am wasting my time with this, with a small squad that only consists of 22 players I currently have 7 injuries and have had a couple of loanees going away on international. To make things worse 2 of those 7 injuries were both my goalkeepers which meant I had to put a keeper in net who is so shit you only get his name in grey and goes from the squad as soon as another keeper is fit. I have been going to some games with only 3 subs and a keeper who couldn't catch the ball to save his life. I think he managed to concede 11 goals in the 3 games he played in before I used my half fit first choice keeper.

twitter.com/askyourbrief

I might start this tomorrow.

I'm dooing quite well. After 17 games I'm on 8 points and 22nd in the league having won 11 drawn 5 and lost 1. I've been lucky with injuries so far though and that will probably change.

I've signed Andy Barcham, Charlie Daniels (both spurs), Fabio (man utd) and Fred Sears (west ham) on loan.

Sam Parkin is a goal scoring machine!

Resident foodie!

Despite my brilliant start, I'm struggling now.

Sears has gone back to West Ham and they wouldn't renew his loan, so I've brought a couple of other youngsters in but they're nowhere near as good.

Signed Kevin Gallen in January transfer window, but I'm bottom still with only 7 points after 29 games.

Resident foodie!

I'm out of the relegation zone and can finish anywhere up to 16th.

I'm a bit disappointed with the season as I really thought we could challenge for the play-offs!

Sam Parkin, George Pilkington and Rossi Jarvis have been brilliant.

Sears was good when he was here and I've got Topi Obedayi on loan from Bolton who has two in three for me.

Signed Kevin Gallen for nothing from MK Dons and he's decent but they're a poor squad and anybody who does well with them is an impressive manager!

Mines bloody crashed in the middle of saving meaning I've got to start again.